PDA

View Full Version : New grouse hunter parksville area

Islandroamer
07-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Hello all,
I am new to hunting, new to the area, and would like to get some grouse this fall, but am not experienced.
is there anyone willing to take me out? I have my own firearm, and will cover the fuel for the hunt

IslandWanderer
07-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Hello all,
I am new to hunting, new to the area, and would like to get some grouse this fall, but am not experienced.
is there anyone willing to take me out? I have my own firearm, and will cover the fuel for the hunt

If you drive logging roads slowly you'll easily see 4 or 5 a day. They often just look at me and sit still on the side of the road. You can get suprisingly close to them. I haven been shooting them, but will start this year.

BStrachan
09-18-2017, 05:12 AM
Go check out Horne lake area or head Down to Nanaimo and go up Nanaimo River rd and try around Green Mountain.

frankthedog
09-18-2017, 06:18 AM
Drive the logging roads slowly. Grouse love any kind of edges, for example the edge of dense brush and a nice open gravelly road.

WWBC
09-18-2017, 06:22 AM
As said above
go for a drive look for gravel roads with a mixture of mature timber and willows.

Don't be tempted to shoot them in the body-- it will make a mess and when you shoot one, approach slowly because his buddies are probably sitting in the ditch.