PDA

View Full Version : Sad Indeed

4 point
07-22-2017, 05:57 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/webkit-fake-url://092d9985-025c-43af-85d2-089846e43dff/imagejpeg

4 point
07-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Can't seem to post the link, sorry.

Whonnock Boy
07-22-2017, 06:06 PM
The photo isn't working.

Whonnock Boy
07-22-2017, 06:07 PM
What are you trying to post? Maybe I can help.
Can't seem to post the link, sorry.

4 point
07-22-2017, 09:35 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/melania-capitan-dead-hunter-suicide-spain-catalonia-a7854371.html

f350ps
07-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Very sad indeed, the comments make my blood boil!!! K

Big Lew
07-22-2017, 10:17 PM
It is sad indeed that many people can be so vicious toward others that
have different lifestyles then themselves. These same people are horrified
about religious radicals such as ISIS yet they have the same attitudes of
intolerance toward those that don't subscribe to or agree with their ideals.
Another really sad thing was reported recently about a bunch of teens laughing
and making fun of a person drowning in a lake as they watched without offering
any assistance or even going for help. Sure doesn't make me proud to be
part of our society sometimes.

Bugle M In
07-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Sad indeed....
Vegans...what can you say...
I know one...who is quite public on a daily basis....
It's ok for them to put posts in saying "good...she did everyone a fovour"....BUT....
When a MLA tells a Vegan to "eat some steak"....it's holy murder....
Facebook...unless you can handle peoples opinions (which will differ drastically)....stay away from posting ones life and
their "likes" on it.....
If you have thick skin....fine....
You never know though...could have been more personal reasons for her taking her own life???
Nonetheless, still sad.....very sad.

IslandWanderer
07-22-2017, 10:20 PM
There must have been other issues. I doubt that an adult would kill themselves over some anti-hunting comments.

mpotzold
07-22-2017, 11:27 PM
There must have been other issues. I doubt that an adult would kill themselves over some anti-hunting comments.

RIGHT ON! the way I see it!

Beachcomber
07-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Very sad. Perhaps she had other issues that drove her to this end, but the idea of internet bullying being the source of enormous duress for people is of course well documented. See this piece I recently came across http://www.hcn.org/issues/49.12/tribes-a-teenage-whaler-pride-of-his-alaska-village-is-haunted-by-trolls. None other than Paul Watson, founder of Sea Shepherd, has led the charge against a 16 year old kid. Hopefully, his friends and community circle round and insulate him from the vitriol being spewed by Watson and others.

Travalanche
07-23-2017, 06:07 AM
I saw an interview with one of her close friends and they said it had nothing to do with the anti hunting crowd. Apparently she had some depression issues.

Big Lew
07-23-2017, 07:13 AM
It's too bad she thought her issues were so overwhelming she had to end her life,
but the real disturbing issue is the callous attitude of the hypocritical anti hunting crowd.

Wentrot
07-23-2017, 07:49 AM
If she was fighting mental health issues like depression constant slandering and threats online would certainly contribute to making her state of mind worse. These people commenting on her page are friggin sick.

300H&H
07-27-2017, 05:15 PM

I don't agree.

People are faceless and without remorse on social media.
They can say anything that pops in to their little brain and not see the face of the person they are hating on.
It is not much different that the bully in school.
Just picking on you everyday will wear you down.
Some can take it while others cannot.

RIP

Surrey Boy
07-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Vegans want us all dead, just like Islam.

emerson
07-27-2017, 05:42 PM
I saw an interview with one of her close friends and they said it had nothing to do with the anti hunting crowd. Apparently she had some depression issues.
I hope it was this. Maybe a romantic situation that went sideways. Still, depression and suicide while not uncommon is still tragedy.

Ride Red
07-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Typical spineless pieces of internet garbage putting such hatred out for the loss of someones life. No matter what her issues were, she pursued and shared her passion. RIP young lady, karma will take care of the rest.

Frango
07-28-2017, 08:23 AM
Yes it is very sad but as islandwanderer stated there must be another reason. Emotional stability, mental health issues ,long term depression or as small as a break up with a partner is most likely the deeper reason. Bullying from antis can go well beyond reason though. People who take their belief to the point of harming someone are just assholes.

Xenomorph
07-28-2017, 10:01 AM
You guys have no idea the amount of "pressure" anti hunting people dish out and the outright "eco-terrorism" choices of protest. I definitely see her being under a lot more stress, I definitely see her losing friends, social life, job opportunities. All for the same ****ing BS, if you're not like us, you're ...

Sad this happened, sad those pricks go online and post the garbage they do. I don't understand how some people can be like that, and then look themselves in the mirror every morning and be OK with it.