PDA

View Full Version : Wildfires . . . be safe

VFX_man
07-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Hi all, if you are doing early scouting be safe out there!

3 areas I hunt have wildfires near them, but luckily not the exact locations.

Did stop by one spot this weekend and set-up a trail camera, the fire was about 10 km away and looks like the area is just outside of the Evacuation Alert area [so hope it will be there when I return].

Something to remember: The catalytic converter on vehicles have been know to cause grass fires due to the temperature that they operate at. If in the wilds, beware of dry grasses you might be traveling in/through.

Cheers, VFX

Linksman313
07-10-2017, 02:57 PM
You mentioned on an earlier thread that you set all your camera's on your buddies private property about 6.5k out of Kamloops? You staying around to help up with the evac or firefighting effort there as well VFX? Keep us posted if so.

VFX_man
07-10-2017, 05:52 PM
You mentioned on an earlier thread that you set all your camera's on your buddies private property about 6.5k out of Kamloops? You staying around to help up with the evac or firefighting effort there as well VFX? Keep us posted if so.

Unfortunately I could not help out -- had to get back to Vancouver to pay the bills. :(

This particular camera is set near Princeton.

The private property "near" Kamloops is 45 min North, then 1.5 hours back in the bush.

-VFX