PDA

View Full Version : Leh mailed authorizations?

Rayne
06-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Are they mailing out successful Leh authorizations. Or do we print them off?

ROY-alty33
06-29-2017, 09:22 PM
If I read it right no need for the paper authorization. It is now attached to your FWID. Only need to print the harvest record for group/shared hunts.

ETA copied from the LEH page

As of 2017/18, you are no longer required to carry a paper copy of your LEH authorization. LEH authorizations are now electronic and will be available in your Fish and Wildlife profile. You can view or print your LEH authorization by logging into BC Hunting online or visiting a FrontCounter BC or Service BC Office. Paper copies of LEH authorizations will not be mailed to successful applicant.
For shared hunts only, hunters are required to carry a paper Record of Harvest form while hunting. The Record of Harvest form is on the bottom part of the shared limited entry hunting authorization. Your shared limited entry hunting authorization is available online in your Fish and Wildlife profile. You can request a copy of your limited entry hunting authorization, which contains your Record of Harvest form, at a Service BC or FrontCounter BC Office

Rayne
06-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Thanks. Not to sure how that allows co's to keep good records. And how is one to catch someone poaching now the hunter will have no proof they are allowed to hunt said animal ,if they are out of service

Boner
06-29-2017, 09:56 PM
I was thinking about it myself. I'm going to print mine and throw them in the glove box of my truck.

604redneck
06-29-2017, 10:45 PM
They have a database.......really not hard to figure out.

Firstblood
06-29-2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah, they have technology, Some of you may not understand the concept of technology but its pretty nifty. Carry a tag like you would, if they stop you, they type your number into their comp and voila, all your info. It is explained in the email sent to you by the gov for your successful LEH authorization.

Boner
06-30-2017, 08:06 AM
I'm not impressed with their technology. It took me quite a few tries to log into their system to check for authorizations. I understand that they can have their info offline on a laptop out in the bush, but it costs like 5 cents to print authorizations out at home, and might save a fair bit of time down the road.

But to each their own.