PDA

View Full Version : Quail at SFU ?

rustybarrel
06-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Non hunting colleague saw a covey of quail up on gravel road under power lines at SFU this morning...I showed her photos of what she may have seen and identified quail.
I have never heard of Quail up in that area....was wondering if I should take my 20 gauge up in the fall?😀 What is the story about quail up there?

hoochie
06-29-2017, 01:46 PM
dont see quail listed in the regs for Reg2, and not very likely anything there is open to firearms.

wideopenthrottle
06-29-2017, 02:06 PM
http://ibis.geog.ubc.ca/biodiversity/efauna/AlienSpeciesinBritishColumbiaHistoricalRecords.htm l#Birds

rustybarrel
06-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Was kidding about shooting at SFU and know about introduced species....but Quail at SFU seems like an odd one.

wideopenthrottle
06-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Was kidding about shooting at SFU and know about introduced species....but Quail at SFU seems like an odd one.

did you read it?...the section on birds gave a pretty comprehensive (if not out of date) breakdown of the various game birds introduced where and when....I for one was surprised at the number of attempts made to introduce a few of them...I wasn't gonna bite on the 20 gauge comment ...heheheh...but 25 years ago you could run into deer there on a regular basis

steel_ram
06-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Lots of Quail on Southern Vancouver Island. I assumed the lower mainland would have them.

twoSevenO
06-29-2017, 11:05 PM
did you read it?...the section on birds gave a pretty comprehensive (if not out of date) breakdown of the various game birds introduced where and when....I for one was surprised at the number of attempts made to introduce a few of them...I wasn't gonna bite on the 20 gauge comment ...heheheh...but 25 years ago you could run into deer there on a regular basis

Lots of deer still up around SFU mountain. I've seen them a few times. Quite a few coyotes too ...... aaaaaand of course raccoons .

lip_ripper00
06-30-2017, 01:09 AM
Lots of deer still up around SFU mountain. I've seen them a few times. Quite a few coyotes too ...... aaaaaand of course raccoons .
don't forget the skunks and bob cats....

604Stalker
06-30-2017, 05:58 AM
Watched a large boar wander onto the road after a few mountain bikers flew past up there not to long ago. I wonder if the even knew he was there or just woke
Him up from his nap.

Iron Glove
06-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Went to SFU in the late 60's, they "introduced" radicals but there were no open seasons on them. :D