PDA

View Full Version : I know its early.....

talver
07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I was wondering how 7b is doing after last winters die off? If anyone has been out in the bush and are seeing game it would be nice to find out how everything is up there now?

rand
07-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Not real good

Talked to my farmer buddies in Fort St John. They had to dig holes in the fields and push dead deer into them.He has 400 acres and found 27 dead deer.They were hit with so much snow the deer just stood in the deep snow and froze.This is in Ceclie Lake area.But 5 miles away there friends never found any? Some got hit worse then others.

daycort
07-26-2007, 03:07 PM
deer and elk are in bad shape up here. hardly any fawns or calves. lots of dead critters in the bush. IF anybody hunts the haystack road or graham river area, make different plans they are logging the graham flats and the haystack road is all one big cut from km 9 to 17 and growing everyday. pipliners just moved in and won't be gone until november, drilling has picked up as well with three rigs running in the area. this is not good for hunting combined with the die off of last winter. it is not to late to make different plans.

Benthos
07-26-2007, 06:14 PM
i was up in the area last week driving a lot of km's. i saw VERY few animals, where typically, especially deer, i'd see hundreds

Kechika
07-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah stay away.The country sides dead.

willy442
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Give it a couple more weeks and see how the guy's going out into the mountains make out. From the people I've spoke to that have been flying and working in the hills, all game took a mean hit in this area including Sheep and Goat. I suspect it will be very tough hunting and poor success this fall. Most likely it will lead to more general open seasons, extended for longer and another mid winter slaughter. Then LEH!!!!!!!!

eric
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Guys, I work in the Del Rio area which is north of Chetwynd, the moose where hit really bad this past winter, have not seen a moose in 3 wks, very few cow elk with calves, next to no deer, looks like a person is in for some tuff hunting.
Best of luck to all
Eric

Big Bucks
07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
How do you think the winter was up in zone 7-5,7-6 , 7-7 , has anyone seen how bad it is in any of those zones . I wasn't aware that it was such a bad winter guys , this was the first i have heard of this die off , i hope it's not bad , if anyone could give some info it would be great , thanks .

Ajsawden
07-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I saw a doe and two fawns on on my way to Hudsons hope from FSJ the other day... havn't seen many other fawns this year. On the bright side, while in and around hudsons hope saw a big herd of elk. 60-70 animals, and probably half had calves.