PDA

View Full Version : True Glaicar has resigned??

Leaseman
06-28-2017, 11:35 AM
News is going around he has resigned....true or false??

wideopenthrottle
06-28-2017, 11:41 AM
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/internal-emails-reveal-chaos-at-b-c-wildlife-federation

googled it..only this story from last year popped up

northernguy
06-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Apparently so. Just got the e-mail from the Fed announcing it.

russm86
06-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Yep, got an e-mail from BCWF and they created a thread here announcing it as well.

XMD70
06-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Jim was a great advocate for hunters. He was not afraid to stand up to the GOA on the issue of LEH allocations. I hope the BCWF has learned from Jim that resident BC hunters are worthy of attention. Whatever his reasons for resigning, l'm sure it was a very tough decision. Jim is not a quitter.

ACE
06-28-2017, 02:09 PM
Met Jim in December '14 at the Prince George Rod/Gun Club clubhouse .....
This was to be a LEH/GOABC meeting.
I had phoned a number in the advertisement for the meeting .... Jim answered and invited me to join as a guest.
Arrived early, and Jim and I set up tables and chairs ..... got a chance to talk to him and find out the depth and scope of what the Liberals had planned for RH ...
A good informative/raucous meeting ......
Thought him to be 'straight-up' ....

REMINGTON JIM
06-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Met Jim in December '14 at the Prince George Rod/Gun Club clubhouse .....
This was to be a LEH/GOABC meeting.
I had phoned a number in the advertisement for the meeting .... Jim answered and invited me to join as a guest.
Arrived early, and Jim and I set up tables and chairs ..... got a chance to talk to him and find out the depth and scope of what the Liberals had planned for RH ...
A good informative/raucous meeting ......
Thought him to be 'straight-up' ....

He IS a Good Stand Up GUY for sure ! :smile: RJ

bearvalley
06-28-2017, 03:00 PM
BC wildlife politics and provincial politics in general are probably going to get even more messed up starting tomorrow.
While he was president of the BCWF, Jim had the ability to look at the big picture of wildlife issues.
Not just how much of the pie we can each grab today.
It's to bad he stepped down as president of the fed...but who can blame him.
It's a pretty time consuming, thankless job...especially when a small portion of the fed membership seems to be continually honing their knives for a chance to give a quick poke.
Good luck in the future Jim.

IronNoggin
06-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Yep, got an e-mail from BCWF and they created a thread here announcing it as well.

An then deleted their own thread on the matter?? http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/Idunno.gif

http://images.memes.com/meme/298655

Nog

HappyJack
06-28-2017, 04:39 PM
Oh no, now what is going to happen? Do they have another election just like the province is going to do??

One Shot
06-28-2017, 06:02 PM
As sent by the BCWF

Dear Members, Effective June 27, 2017, Jim Glaicar has resigned his position as President of the BC Wildlife Federation for personal reasons. In the interim, Past President George Wilson will resume his responsibilities as Acting President. Even though this is a loss for our organization, the priorities of the organization will remain the same, securing a sustainable future for fish, wildlife and their habitat.

TPK
06-29-2017, 12:24 PM
I would like to thank Jim for his hard work and dedication and wish him the best in his future endeavors .

Weatherby Fan
06-29-2017, 12:33 PM
He IS a Good Stand Up GUY for sure ! :smile: RJ

Had the pleasure of meeting and having a drink with Jim Glaicar with RemingtonJim and Brno284 at the WSS of BC convention and watching him speak at the convention,

he is a captivating speaker and immediately had the attention of the whole room,

It's to bad as he has his heart in the right place when it comes to wildlife in BC, he's a no nonsense kind of guy, he will be sorely missed as the BCWF needs people like him to keep things on track, we as hunters and members of the BCWF just lost a great asset in our representation.

Thank you for your service Jim
Respectfully
Don Lynum
WF

TexasWalker
06-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Good riddance.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting and having a drink with Jim Glaicar with RemingtonJim and Brno284 at the WSS of BC convention and watching him speak at the convention,

he is a captivating speaker and immediately had the attention of the whole room,

It's to bad as he has his heart in the right place when it comes to wildlife in BC, he's a no nonsense kind of guy, he will be sorely missed as the BCWF needs people like him to keep things on track, we as hunters and members of the BCWF just lost a great asset in our representation.

Thank you for your service Jim
Respectfully
Don Lynum
WF

Well said.

Jim, along with the other executive, did what others
before had never been able to accomplish and that is a promise from Govt for a much needed dedicated funding model.
You can say what you want but, to me, that is something to be very proud of.
Well done Jim!

SSS

Rackmastr
06-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Well said.

Jim, along with the other executive, did what others
before had never been able to accomplish and that is a promise from Govt for a much needed dedicated funding model.
You can say what you want but, to me, that is something to be very proud of.
Well done Jim!

SSS

X2 great post.

BgBlkDg
06-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Good riddance.

Why, would you post this, given the accolades here that others who know the guy have posted?

Do you have some information on this issue or are you merely venting some personal animus?

northernbc
06-29-2017, 03:46 PM
Great post texass walker. That is helpfull

Whonnock Boy
06-29-2017, 03:49 PM
I've gotta laugh. Apparently there are two website forums that are unwilling to speak the truth, both with slanted and bias viewpoints. The sooner the "sides" can accept the truth, both the good and the bad, the sooner we can move forward.

srupp
06-29-2017, 03:55 PM
I know Jim to be a stand up guy.ihad a decision local rod and gun or BCWF" IT WAS because of Jims involvement in BCWF I chose to support that organization..i have total confidence..in the man..i have stayed away from the fracas because I think so much of Jim.
A hunter, outdoorsman, gentleman..and a man of his word.
I feel badly Jim felt he had to step down..we lost a fine individual..truly every hunters loss..

It's easy to criticize. ..much more difficult to lace up our boots and walk his walk.

Thank you Jim..i appreciate everything you have done for us..for stepping up..and when you felt no choice for stepping down to save the organization.

Proud to call you my friend.

Steven Rupp

IslandWanderer
06-29-2017, 04:11 PM
I know Jim to be a stand up guy.ihad a decision local rod and gun or BCWF" IT WAS because of Jims involvement in BCWF I chose to support that organization..i have total confidence..in the man..i have stayed away from the fracas because I think so much of Jim.
A hunter, outdoorsman, gentleman..and a man of his word.
I feel badly Jim felt he had to step down..we lost a fine individual..truly every hunters loss..

It's easy to criticize. ..much more difficult to lace up our boots and walk his walk.

Thank you Jim..i appreciate everything you have done for us..for stepping up..and when you felt no choice for stepping down to save the organization.

Proud to call you my friend.

Steven Rupp

I must admit I didn't know who he was, but after reading people's sentiments I actually feel like we've all lost a strong advocate for our interests.

bearvalley
06-29-2017, 04:35 PM
I've gotta laugh. Apparently there are two website forums that are unwilling to speak the truth, both with slanted and bias viewpoints. The sooner the "sides" can accept the truth, both the good and the bad, the sooner we can move forward.
Why don't you fill us in?

Whonnock Boy
06-29-2017, 04:40 PM
Even a sniff of speaking up finds my posts or threads deleted. I already posted on this thread, and the thread itself disappeared for a while shortly after my comment, and reappeared this afternoon with it gone. Neither site is doing the any favors for the membership.
Why don't you fill us in?

Surrey Boy
06-29-2017, 04:42 PM
Not enough stability at the BCWF to engender trust.

bearvalley
06-29-2017, 04:47 PM
Even a sniff of speaking up finds my posts or threads deleted. I already posted on this thread, and the thread itself disappeared for a while shortly after my comment, and reappeared this afternoon with it gone. Neither site is doing the any favors for the membership.
Maybe the organization is over due for a complete restructure?
Or maybe we need a completely new organization that solely speaks for all hunters in this province?
What do you think Troy?

digger dogger
06-29-2017, 04:52 PM
I dunno what's going on at the BCWF, but I have met Jim, and have had a couple phone conversations with him, he was a straight up gentleman.
Good luck where ever you go Jim.
Dave.

Surrey Boy
06-29-2017, 04:56 PM
Or maybe we need a completely new organization that solely speaks for all hunters in this province?
What do you think Troy?

After the NFA imploded the CCFR was founded, which has done better.

Whonnock Boy
06-29-2017, 04:58 PM
What I do know Mike is, without good governance, law abiding members, and members willing to speak up to wrong doings regardless of affiliation, the organization will continue to lose respect, support, and membership..... IMO.

What do you think Troy?

bearvalley
06-29-2017, 05:10 PM
What I do know Mike is, without good governance, law abiding members, and members willing to speak up to wrong doings regardless of affiliation, the organization will continue to lose respect, support, and membership..... IMO.
I have to agree with most of what you've said here.
The organization means well but has too much under its umbrella.
I personally don't think it can properly represent all hunters in this province going forward.
If we don't get our shit together we are going to sink.
All of us.
So let's get an organization formed that represents and stands up for all big game hunters in BC and let the qauders and the butterfly chasers have their own club.

Rhyno
06-29-2017, 05:11 PM
I dunno what's going on at the BCWF, but I have met Jim, and have had a couple phone conversations with him, he was a straight up gentleman.
Good luck where ever you go Jim.
Dave.
Same here, even invited me to join his camp when I was talking about a solo trip. All the best Jim!

IronNoggin
06-29-2017, 05:11 PM

BINGO. Nailed It.

Rob Chipman
06-29-2017, 05:13 PM
I think Jim had a tough row to hoe and no doubt made some errors in judgement which pissed off some people. That said, while he was there some good changes were made. We need to build on that. No single personality is bigger than any worthwhile organization and the BCWF will certainly survive. Like some others here I found him to be a pretty straightforward guy. Bottom line: he's done his bit, for better or worse. If you're reading this, Jim, thanks for your service.

HappyJack
06-29-2017, 08:15 PM
He stood up and did something, good bad or indifferent, and for that alone I'll nod my head to him any day. It's always easy to stand on the sidelines and criticize, the hard part is actually doing something.

Riverbc
06-30-2017, 06:14 AM
http://www.theprovince.com/news/local+news/wildlife+federation+president+glaicar+steps+down+a mid/13590736/story.html

Lastcar
06-30-2017, 10:02 AM
What do you think Troy?

I joined BC Backcountry Hunters and Anglers last year when the BC chapter formed.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/british_columbia_bha

There is also an Alberta chapter, which has a sassy bio about their side of the mountains being better than ours. Whatever helps them sleep at night. ;-)

Although we share the Rocky Mountains with our friends in British Columbia, we clearly got the better side, as we have a wealth of public land that has long been the foundation of some of our finest angling and hunting opportunities.

While BCHA roots are based in the US they are doing great work down there. Where the fight is very much about public land, habitat and hunter and angler's rights. The parent organization is providing support to the BC chapter as they would any of the US chapters from what I can tell. I am about 95% certain they are bipartisan leaving politics out of it.

With the fact, animals migrate across the border both ways there is a mutual benefit regardless of which side of the border the chapters are on. I.e. mountain caribou. So my assumption is they will provide equal support regardless of which country a chapter is in.

It is a small but growing chapter and I like what I see. Dues were reasonable and I figured it can't hurt to have more than one organization on our and wildlife's site.

BgBlkDg
06-30-2017, 10:45 AM
I am VERY strongly opposed to ANY US-based "hunting" organization having chapters in Canada, especially in BC. This, is due to my experiences over decades in conservation and experiencing Americans, some resident here and others living there, but, often attempting to influence BC resource decisions, often acting as though they had some RIGHT to use OUR game, fish and wildlife as their own.

One really sees this on Kootenay Lake and in the Kootenays, in general, where many have cabins and speculate in rural lands to the exclusion of native-born BC people. I hope that the new government will stop this, NOW.

So, I feel that the BCWF, problems and all, is still the best organization for BC hunters, anglers and other outdoors folks.

elknut
06-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Second ....BgBlkDg...I don't want any Americans Organizations having any input into Canadian hunting and the decisions ...They are all free enterprise and want to have access to be able to privatize land ...access etc ...No thanks ...BCWF for me...Dennis

Whonnock Boy
06-30-2017, 05:14 PM
I think you need to start another thread.
I have to agree with most of what you've said here.
The organization means well but has too much under its umbrella.
I personally don't think it can properly represent all hunters in this province going forward.
If we don't get our shit together we are going to sink.
All of us.
So let's get an organization formed that represents and stands up for all big game hunters in BC and let the qauders and the butterfly chasers have their own club.

bearvalley
06-30-2017, 06:58 PM
I think you need to start another thread.
I don't think you want me to.

Whonnock Boy
06-30-2017, 07:35 PM
You're probably right. We have enough to deal with as it is.
I don't think you want me to.

Walking Buffalo
07-01-2017, 09:15 AM
I joined BC Backcountry Hunters and Anglers last year when the BC chapter formed.

http://www.backcountryhunters.org/british_columbia_bha

There is also an Alberta chapter, which has a sassy bio about their side of the mountains being better than ours. Whatever helps them sleep at night. ;-)

Although we share the Rocky Mountains with our friends in British Columbia, we clearly got the better side, as we have a wealth of public land that has long been the foundation of some of our finest angling and hunting opportunities.

While BCHA roots are based in the US they are doing great work down there. Where the fight is very much about public land, habitat and hunter and angler's rights. The parent organization is providing support to the BC chapter as they would any of the US chapters from what I can tell. I am about 95% certain they are bipartisan leaving politics out of it.

With the fact, animals migrate across the border both ways there is a mutual benefit regardless of which side of the border the chapters are on. I.e. mountain caribou. So my assumption is they will provide equal support regardless of which country a chapter is in.

It is a small but growing chapter and I like what I see. Dues were reasonable and I figured it can't hurt to have more than one organization on our and wildlife's site.

The BHA chapter in Alberta has decided to bed with anti-hunting organizations in order to achieve common goals,
Which has already resulted in reduced hunting opportunities in a large part of the province.

As has happened in BC too.

I sure hope hunters will see that there are significant concerns with what the BCH chapters in Canada are doing in order to gain a foothold.

Opinionated Ol Phart
07-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Well-- I have read all posts on the resignation of JG. I am still no better informed as to what the hell is going on within the Fed. Surely there is SOMEONE here that can share some FACTS!

BTW-- My relationship with the Fed goes back 49 years as a member. Some of you seem to think that we can do without the Federation. If you are one of those and figure that a American organization can get the same attention from government as the BCWF, then you are sadly mistaken IMO.

I hope that whatever is wrong with the Fed right now can be worked out ... "United We Stand....... Divided........" Well- we we all know the rest of that phrase.

180grainer
07-02-2017, 10:54 PM
It's nice to have an organization like the BCWF standing up to secure our access to the hunting and fishing experiences we have in this province. Yet on the other hand, I venture to bet that most of the membership renew their dues and don't give the issues we face as hunters a second thought after that.......hey it's all being looked after by the BCWF right?

I would suggest there's a certain diffusion of responsibility for the individual in having an organization like the BCWF. We contribute our annual fee........and that's it. As far as the donor is concerned, it's all being looked after. I put my sticker on the back window of my truck suggesting I'm doing my part and we're good to go.

What may be happening to the BCWF is what's happening to Western Democracy in general. A lack of active and intelligent participation by the body. For whatever reason, "active" participation in organizations like the BCWF seem to be dwindling. Of course the savior to that notion, if true, is taking personal responsibility for your tradition and past time. To not rely on organizations like the BCWF or their inherent political follies, and remain personally active in ensuring your friends, family, and children can continue to participate in the hunting and fishing adventures you did. It's not up to the BCWF to ensure your kids will hunt 20 years from now....it's up to you. It's up to you to lobby your MLA or MP, it's up to you to participate in habitat rehabilitation initiatives, it's up to you to educate your neighbor.......Maybe if we didn't have the BCWF.....more of us would be active in ensuring our passion is protected.

Steeleco
07-03-2017, 08:09 AM
^^^ The apathy is endless. Even the meeting held in Langley some weeks back had maybe 50 people. There were likely more people looking at things in WSS just up the street. Don't need gear if there's no reason to need it?

Too bad the turmoil has set in within the BCWF, "what doesn't kill you..............."

Livewire007
07-05-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm guessing nobody noticed the resignation of the Director of Operations a week or two before The President, and at least 10 staff members since September 2015?

Leaseman
07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
I'm guessing nobody noticed the resignation of the Director of Operations a week or two before The President, and at least 10 staff members since September 2015?

It has been discussed by many, in a few different venues.........:cool:

Whonnock Boy
07-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Looking at the time stamps for both of your comments makes me wonder if you two know each other.

It has been discussed by many, in a few different venues.........:cool:

bearvalley
07-05-2017, 02:11 PM
Looking at the time stamps for both of your comments makes me wonder if you two know each other.
That seems to be getting a bit common on here.
I truly believe the BCWF needs to start putting some names to these online alias's and start issueing some membership bans.
Members continually causing disruption and discredit should be shown the door.

Livewire007
07-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Nope sorry, I do not know the other poster. I do have a lot of personal knowledge of the bcwf board, committees and office staff. I do find the close date of both resignations is quite strange?
Causing disruption is not my intention, I do feel members of the bcwf do have the right to ask questions about the organization. This forum does not require active membership with the bcwf to comment and get involved. So a "ban" of members would not solve your problem.

Leaseman
07-05-2017, 02:30 PM

Relax Troy........:lol:

Nice to see people more relaxed now....might be way better communication happening too!!8-)

Livewire007
07-05-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm no genius, but up to 9 staff members the suspension of the vp, the resignation of director of operations and finally the resignation of the President in a period of approximately 2 years should spark the interest of the bcwf membership.

Whonnock Boy
07-05-2017, 02:42 PM
We are not out of the storm yet. Some people think the problems have left the building, others know that more should be following their lead.
Relax Troy........:lol:

Nice to see people more relaxed now....might be way better communication happening too!!8-)

Livewire007
07-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Over the last decade or so there is a great divide and a lot of hr problems. The last to AGMS show the great push for a certain mind set of the exec and board and a hard snub of those who would speak up or challenge those who were not yes people to most of the exec and director of operations. The BCWF is supposed to represent all members not just those who nod and agree with the exec.