PDA

View Full Version : Cassiar Mine Rd

CheesyLimper
06-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Hi all, was wondering if the Cassiar mine road is still drivable.
Thanks

Peacepipe
06-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Was up there last summer. The gate is locked and there is active mining going on at that time.

CheesyLimper
06-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Thanks. I haven't been up there in years and don't remember a gate; is it just off 37 or a ways in?

decker9
06-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Is it the main road that's gated? Or just the trails/spurs off the main road? Iv heard it was all the quad trails/spurs that got gated. I'm hoping to get up there the next few weeks to pick up a game cam I left last season, and was hoping to hike in from the mine sight.

Cordillera
06-28-2017, 10:36 PM
I recall the gate is right at the old townsite. You can drive past the old tailings pile and to the townsite but that's it. This is from a couple years ago though.

Skull Hunter
06-29-2017, 07:08 AM
I recall the gate is right at the old townsite. You can drive past the old tailings pile and to the townsite but that's it. This is from a couple years ago though.

This is correct, not sure about all the spur trails.

Avalanche123
06-29-2017, 08:40 AM
The gate is at the old town site and restricts access to the mine area. The highway turn off 2km north is 2 km north of Jade City. From that turn off the highway (yes it is still a highway) is maintained year round.

A few of the spurs between the turn off to the town site are also gated as they access active mining claims. The Cassiar ReUnion takes place in a few weeks at the end of the July. It will be busy for a few days then back to normal.

mcguire.watkins
08-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Does anyone know if there is a trail in from the Cassiar mine road to Iverson lake or that range that has Chromite and Black Friday lake. The mountains I am refering to are just east (NE) of the Blue River from the end of the mine road?