PDA

View Full Version : Moose LEH 5-04B FN issues

sabourin
06-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Hey everyone,

I applied for 5-04B LEH and succeeded for any bull moose... I've since heard of all the FN issues and truck burnings. Should I truly be concerned about all of this, or should I be ok..?

TIA

weatherbyjunkie
06-24-2017, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=sabourin;1914576]Hey everyone,

I applied for 5-04B LEH and succeeded for any bull moose... I've since heard of all the FN issues and truck burnings. Should I truly be concerned about all of this, or should I be ok..?

We also have that draw and we're wondering the same thing. I can't remember if we are zone b or zone c,but I am interested to hear what others have to say.

Cheers

boxhitch
06-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Check into the local band office, just so proper 'consultation' takes place.

srupp
06-24-2017, 10:20 PM
I would be concerned . I've had my gear vehicle threatened

Would have liked to cleaned the floor with the rubbish.you have no right in there hunting or acsccessing the lands..you will lose.
Not worth losing truck, gear..etc burns my ass laws are not on your side .
Shut off the rd maintenence, forestry, biologists. .bc ambilancr. .etc they don't have money to do shit we wouldn't be helping while they are being............. (..............! )
Horriblle supreme court decision..
I don't go..usually.
Steven

BgBlkDg
06-25-2017, 01:10 AM
That's the problem, an older, taxpaying, native-born BC citizen drives up alone to camp, fish and maybe hunt and is accosted by drunken, aggressive persons of a certain group who threaten and even damage the person's gear and vehicle........how much more of this crap are we supposed to endure?

If, one defend's one's person or property, the consequences will probably be bankruptcy by legal costs and/or incarceration in gaol. If not, injury, death or even worse may well ensue.........

Time to form small, self-defence groups, are accordingly and go where WE want as BC is OURS, not "fn" land!

FIGHT BACK!!!!

whitlers
06-25-2017, 10:31 AM
We have hunted moose there for quite a few years and never had an issue. We must be lucky..

I have heard all the stories and I believe quite a few but we have passed many natives while hunting there and not once been bothered.

Big Lew
06-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Most of us realize that the worse vandalizing and threatening problems come from
a small aggressive group, not the majority which don't have control of the trouble
makers. It's the same in the lower mainland East Indian gang problems. The East
Indian community know who many of the gangsters are, but have little or no influence
over them. A couple of years ago I had an issue that left my camp vulnerable for lengthy
times in an area known to have similar issues. During one of my long walks to a phone
booth a bunch of young natives stopped and gave me a ride even though there was little
room in their cab for me. Had a good chat with that great bunch and they told me they would
not only pick me up later, but would put the word out for the logging truck drivers to keep
an eye on my camp. This they did when they could have just as easily ransacked my camp,
truck, and equipment without anyone's knowledge. Not everyone is a bad apple.

Magnumb
06-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Just sent you a PM

1 shot 1 kill
06-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Map it out an stay well clear of the title lands given by SCC decision.
My wifes half first nations an we hunted that area last yr with her dad who is full first nations from Anaheim even he was kicked out of those areas on the map provided in the LEH as title lands.
We never received hostile threats etc but were met twice by roving groups looking for people inside their bounday.
My suggestion is give a wide birth around "their" area and you should be ok..but no promises..

My 2 cents

markomoose
06-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Hunted there lots.Maybe keep your main camp at Puntzi Lake at one of the resorts and day hunt out of there.That way someone is watching your gear while your out having fun

srupp
06-25-2017, 10:49 PM
Hunted there lots.Maybe keep your main camp at Puntzi Lake at one of the resorts and day hunt out of there.That way someone is watching your gear while your out having fun

Like he said.
Good plan B
Steven

HappyJack
06-26-2017, 01:02 PM
That's the problem, an older, taxpaying, native-born BC citizen drives up alone to camp, fish and maybe hunt and is accosted by drunken, aggressive persons of a certain group who threaten and even damage the person's gear and vehicle........how much more of this crap are we supposed to endure?

If, one defend's one's person or property, the consequences will probably be bankruptcy by legal costs and/or incarceration in gaol. If not, injury, death or even worse may well ensue.........

Time to form small, self-defence groups, are accordingly and go where WE want as BC is OURS, not "fn" land!

FIGHT BACK!!!!

Walk tall and carry a big stick. The FNs always respect the crazies....just act real crazed and they will likely leave you alone.

srupp
06-26-2017, 01:42 PM
Walk tall and carry a big stick. The FNs always respect the crazies....just act real crazed and they will likely leave you alone.

believe me you will never outcrazy them.
Steven

scotty30-06
06-26-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't turned in the ok corral up there yet from all the stories I hear....glad it hasn't but it's on a fine line.

Ride Red
06-26-2017, 02:08 PM
believe me you will never outcrazy them.
Steven

You haven't met me yet Steven!?!?!

srupp
06-26-2017, 02:13 PM
yes we have..I was wearing a blue and green polka dotted dress..lol
steven

dakoda62
06-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Stay off the beaten track. Camp deep if possible, Leave someone in camp at all times if possible.

Ride Red
06-26-2017, 02:18 PM
yes we have..I was wearing a blue and green polka dotted dress..lol
steven

Gotta quit drinking out of mason jars ��

Ride Red
06-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Most of us realize that the worse vandalizing and threatening problems come from
a small aggressive group, not the majority which don't have control of the trouble
makers. It's the same in the lower mainland East Indian gang problems. The East
Indian community know who many of the gangsters are, but have little or no influence
over them. A couple of years ago I had an issue that left my camp vulnerable for lengthy
times in an area known to have similar issues. During one of my long walks to a phone
booth a bunch of young natives stopped and gave me a ride even though there was little
room in their cab for me. Had a good chat with that great bunch and they told me they would
not only pick me up later, but would put the word out for the logging truck drivers to keep
an eye on my camp. This they did when they could have just as easily ransacked my camp,
truck, and equipment without anyone's knowledge. Not everyone is a bad apple.

Well said. There are shit rats with every race and they should be dealt with accordingly.

Stresd
06-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Stay off the beaten track. Camp deep if possible, Leave someone in camp at all times if possible.

X2. Grows stale really quicky having to leave someone in camp. Starting hunting that area back in the 70's on horse back. Got our horses from Dwayne and Marion at Teepee heart Ranch. Hunted there every year until 5 years ago when we said enough is enough, and got the hell out of dodge. Leaving an area that we had hunted for 40 years, taking our Moose every year. Found and started to learn a new area with no FN's around. We knew the Big creek, Groundhog and kloacut areas like the back of our hands and camped in deep. knew most of the the local ranchers on a first name basis, but not much they could do about the poaching and FN issues as they had to live there.
You couldn't pay me to hunt that area again. Just not worth all the BS and cautionary measures you have to take. I want to be able to relax and enjoy my hunting trip.

srupp
06-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Big Lew. .not all are bad..true however the supreme court as part of their ruling cited the acts of violence physical fighting for their land..that is beeing emphasis ed by other bands..and living here you see far more than the ocasional "visit..
Steven

LYKTOHUNT
06-26-2017, 05:13 PM
X2. Grows stale really quicky having to leave someone in camp. Starting hunting that area back in the 70's on horse back. Got our horses from Dwayne and Marion at Teepee heart Ranch. Hunted there every year until 5 years ago when we said enough is enough, and got the hell out of dodge. Leaving an area that we had hunted for 40 years, taking our Moose every year. Found and started to learn a new area with no FN's around. We knew the Big creek, Groundhog and kloacut areas like the back of our hands and camped in deep. knew most of the the local ranchers on a first name basis, but not much they could do about the poaching and FN issues as they had to live there.
You couldn't pay me to hunt that area again. Just not worth all the BS and cautionary measures you have to take. I want to be able to relax and enjoy my hunting trip.

Well said, because of some A holes including some government folks past and present the fun has been taken out of your hunt as well as a lot of others.
Now if it is not fun anymore you just have to throw in the towel and go somewhere else,guarding camp and watching your back all the time because of those scum just isnt worth it

scoutlt1
06-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Pretty damn sad that we even have to have this discussion....

Clear and blatant issues that are not being dealt with by authorities.

Big Lew
06-26-2017, 06:30 PM
I've not the extensive knowledge "Stresd" has of the Gang-Big Creek-Kloacut-Fletcher Lake
area, but I've been going into it since 1967. My favourite area was between the Gang and Mons
Lake, including around Sky Ranch. It's all drastically changed now with all the extensive logging
which makes it easier to get in and out at high speed using multiple roads....something thieves
and vandals know very well. During that time there was very little 'outside' traffic and it was noticed
by the local ranchers etc. I've witnessed first hand local natives stripping a truck and camper within
site of the Riske Creek Reserve while the hunters were about 1/2 km away oblivious to what was happening.
I've seen stripped and abandoned vehicles along hwy 20 between the Fraser River and Alexis Creek.
As '"Srupp" mentioned, our courts have only encouraged this behaviour through decisions that actually
condone it. I'll keep going to my favourite spots, but will take extra precautions even if I have to rent lodging
or camping on private land, or camp at Fletcher lake among fellow campers.

srupp
06-26-2017, 06:40 PM
The 2 lakes I specifically try and warn folks about is Fletcher..and Raven lakes..lots of much better lakes to fish..without the stress and potential harm, loss..it suck. .but its fact.
I have enough pain, stress, loss..i don't go out to add to it.
Big Lew have numerous great Lakes. .we should chat..we..Susan Ebony and I are headed to Sheridan in several weeks.
Cheers Bro
Steven

whitlers
06-26-2017, 09:40 PM
We have hunted the Fletcher/Mons/Big Creek area and haven't had any trouble but we usually have a person and dog in camp.

I feel like things are calmer on that side of the valley no?

REMINGTON JIM
06-26-2017, 09:46 PM
The 2 lakes I specifically try and warn folks about is Fletcher..and Raven lakes..lots of much better lakes to fish..without the stress and potential harm, loss..it suck. .but its fact.
I have enough pain, stress, loss..i don't go out to add to it.
Big Lew have numerous great Lakes. .we should chat..we..Susan Ebony and I are headed to Sheridan in several weeks.
Cheers Bro
Steven

Im at Sheridan Lake right now Steven - theres NO fish left - They were all Winter Killed ! :frown: Stay away ! :razz: RJ

srupp
06-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Lol..thanks RJ for the heads up..i can sleep in..drink coffee.swim in the lake with Ebony..sheesh probably no use in even bringing the new flies I tied up over winter.i appetite your help..nice to know I have such great friends looking out for my well being.
Don't forget the sunscreen lotion RJ.
Guess I'll just buy some sardines..lol
Cheers