PDA

View Full Version : leh moose 5 02 b oct 1-14 plus joke

Bullseye Bob
06-24-2017, 03:41 PM
hey all been a member for a while had a few posts but no joke and I don't want to get skewered by u fine folks when i seek your advice. my son and I recieved a bull moose draw in 5 02 b for oct 1 -14 I do know the lay of the land there but haven't hunted it for a few years. gonna do some pre season scouting but just wondering if anyone has some intel on areas I should be concentrating on.its my sons first moose hunt so I wanna give him a good shot at success.joke time. A father came home from a ten day deer hunting trip to find his son riding a very fancy new mountain bike. where did u get the money for that new bike? it must have cost $200.Easy dad the boy replied. I earned it by hiking.Cmon the father said tell me the truth.That is the truth the boy replied every night that u were gone Mr Smith from the grocery store would come over to see mom and he would give me $20 and tell me to go take a hike.

Bullseye Bob
06-25-2017, 01:46 AM
hmmm guess my joke wasn't good enough.lol

Jelvis
06-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Hey Bobby, excellent joke so I gotta reply and ask some silly questions about the area you want to hunt or are allowed to hunt within on your leh mu 5-02 b
-- do you know the boundaries well for your leh area?
You will be in the rut time, so bulls will be active and where there's cows there's a bull or two coming in.
-- learn to call with your son, practice togedder and it will be exciting preparation for the big day.
Get some birch bark and roll it up about a foot long or so then tape it togedder at one end.
Then make grunting noises like a bull in the rut and moaning of a cow works awesome.
This alone will make a memory last a hunting lifetime -- mmmm wah -- mmmm wha -- bull

-- give us a lake name or two that your wanting to do. Or a mtn name or water like rivers etc.
Jel -- I gotta take a hike so haha, hikin to get a new mountain bike lol -- :grin: -- bull moose --

Bullseye Bob
06-25-2017, 11:21 AM
thanks for the reply jelvis.yes I do know the boundaries well .I'm thinking of checking out the spout lake or Macintosh lakes area.

Drillbit
06-25-2017, 01:35 PM
thanks for the reply jelvis.yes I do know the boundaries well .I'm thinking of checking out the spout lake or Macintosh lakes area.

Both great spots.

Bullseye Bob
06-25-2017, 04:24 PM
thanks drillbit for the input

Fisher-Dude
06-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Lots of moosey country out Forest Grove way, maybe try up toward Eagle Lake.

Bullseye Bob
06-25-2017, 09:30 PM
thanks for the reply fd much appreciated

Jelvis
06-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Bobby just curious what roads will you use to get to the lake (your going to try first?) From home for instance.
The main road is? Then what off shoot from the main?
Curious on your 5-2b route to an excellent mu 5-2. For moose. We can follow on a map.
Your going to get a moose, I can feel it.
Nice leh tag 4 sure.
Congrats
Jel -- we're goin in togedder --

srupp
06-25-2017, 10:53 PM
Still not too bad of an area..exellent draw dates..pm me with ph number
Steven Rupp