PDA

View Full Version : Drawn for 7-07 ??

paulo
06-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Can anyone with some experience in this region put in their two cents with regards to locations and timings. My understanding is that just about anything can be had in this region but I imagine timing is everything. PM works fine. Many thanks.

Wild one
06-21-2017, 07:30 PM
Guessing moose bull or cow

the mu is a fraction of the moose numbers it was in the past but they are around

Darksith
06-21-2017, 07:53 PM
I don't care where you are going or what you are hunting...hunt the rut

emerson
06-21-2017, 07:56 PM
I had a bull draw there 2 years ago. Hunted pretty hard. No bull. It was warm that fall, but numbers are lower than previously too. Hunt the rut, very first and last light, good optics, and put in the time.

plumberjustin
06-21-2017, 09:35 PM
Had the 7-7 bull draw last season. Hunted between willow and bowron rivers, north of highway 16. There's still quite a few moose in those parts, and plenty of good areas to to sit and call. Hunt last week of September for pre rut, or wait till mid October when the temp drops and hopefully some snow on the ground. That'll get the moose moving. Also killer grouse territory, so makes sure you got your shotty or .22, we got limits daily. Some descent black bears around, but keep on the ready for grizzlies.

Jelvis
06-22-2017, 06:23 AM
--------------------------------------> MU 7-7 --------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------> Bowron River -----------------------------------------------------

Access from Hwy 16 via Bateman road at the Bowron River bridge, and Bowron River forest access road which leaves Hwy 16 about 8 km east of Purden Lake. Poor to Fair moose hunting.

++ =-ll------------> " Good moose along Bowron river north of Hwy 16. " <-------------ll-= ++

------------------------------------ > Willow River < --------------------------------------
Access from Hwy 16 along Willow River road which leaves Hwy 16 about 37 km east of Prince George. Also reached from Buckhorn, 15 km south of Prince George on Hwy 97, and from Stoner, 30 km south of P. G. on 97.
-------------------------------------fair to good moose hunting------------------------------------------
Good access.
Jelly Bean -- They came, they saw, they saw a moose! -- MU 7-07 -- Bond James Bond!

paulo
06-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Many thanks gentleman. I will start searching those areas.

plumberjustin
06-22-2017, 04:07 PM
Check out beaver FSR, willow river area, south of eaglet lake. Come in off the highway or via giscome. There's the odd deer around as well.

blaster
07-19-2017, 08:14 AM
Hunted there a few times. Have notices a lot more traffic there over the yrs. Seems a lot of groups from 7-6 are moving to 7-7 as stoney lake area is so thick now.