PDA

View Full Version : Need maps

CanAm500
07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know were you can get a fairly detailed map of region 5-13 zone C?

Steeleco
07-24-2007, 08:25 PM
The best maps I found for road detail is the back country map books, in your case you'll want the caribou edition. Much better than the stupid regs maps.

The only more detailed maps would be topo's but they have no reference to
hunting regions.

http://www.questlinks.com/get_product.php?Product_type=Mapbook&Product_code=1-894556-11-9

CanAm500
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Thats what I was thinking there Steeleco. But I dont want to go out and buy 1 book and possibly use it only once.

Timbow
07-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Thats what I was thinking there Steeleco. But I dont want to go out and buy 1 book and possibly use it only once.

Well then save your money! You could save your money ($25) and drive up here spending all that money on gas only to realize you should have and eventually buy one. Hell, I got two (Backroad Mapbook-Cariboo and the North) and live in 5-13! They are very good...highly recommend it.

bc sportsman
07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Call the forest companies in the area and ask them who makes their detailed maps for them showing the most recent work, logging, mining, development. Then contact that company and buy maps.

The maps should show up to date private land, crown leased land, etc.

A warning though...one of these maps can set you back some $40 each.

bsa30-06
07-24-2007, 09:11 PM
don't worry about spending money on maps, they are never a waste of money.That one time your lost and use it to figure out where you are will be worth every penny.

Steeleco
07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
There's always the Library, IIRC the Surrey branches have the series. Check try your local branches and see what they have. I bought the spiral bound version, that way I can scan and print what I need when I need and the book stays home in good condition for the next trip. They even now sell them on CD IIRC

Wildman
07-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Does anyone know were you can get a fairly detailed map of region 5-13 zone C?

That is where we went last year.... We did most of our hunting at Pelican Lake and Tietown Lake. We got only 1 out of 4 tags and we hunted hard. We were out before light and back after sunset. You would probably have better luck out Nazco way. Where do you plan on hunting? Where are you staying? I have some contacts now and one of them has some cabins in the north western portion of your area. What draw (time of year) We had the Nov 3-15 draw (too late, but circumstances dictated that). I think I still have the maps for that area. I'm not around this weekend much but I could get them together some time and mail them to you if I kept them. Honestly, the back roads mapbook was all we really needed. Anyway, I'll help any way I can.

CanAm500
07-25-2007, 09:49 AM
PM coming your way Wildman.

CanAm500
08-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Ok we got our dates all set and locked in. Now its time to find a camp ground up in 5-13C that will allow firearms in. Does anyone know of any???

RBH
08-14-2007, 11:16 PM
If you are in Vancouver, there is a government map store on the north side of Robson Street between Granville and Seymour. They have all the contour maps (which, together with a compass, are worth having if you are in the bush). They also have the Backroad Map Books by Musio Ventures, which are excellent, but are generally pretty widely available in stores and gas stations etc. www.backroadmapbooks.com/ (http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/)