PDA

View Full Version : Best Tripod Recommendations

Ivan
06-16-2017, 08:37 PM
What's the best back-packable tripod with interchangeable mounts for use with a spotting scope, binos and potentially as a gun rest? Appreciate your recommendations. Thanks.

ROY-alty33
06-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Bought my son the Bogpod works like a charm

fireguy
06-17-2017, 08:19 AM
I use bog pod as well.

huntcoop
06-17-2017, 09:10 AM
Anyone have any experience with these...

http://www.schonfeldoptics.com/Lightweight-Compact-Carbon-Fiber-Tripod-p/sch-kf6615t.htm

Folded length is 12.5" and it weighs 1.12 oz without a head.

Argus
06-17-2017, 07:22 PM
I spent weeks researching this topic back in February/March and found a lot of great options to choose from, some more expensive than others. In the end, I went with the Slik PRO 634 CFL Carbon Fibre Tripod because it was light-weight, sturdy and affordable. (Lots of positive reviews on a variety of forums.)

I shopped around and the best pricing I could find was through B&H PhotoVideo in the U.S. (They ship free to Canada, which helps offset the duty.) I also purchased a Magnus pan/tilt head and Field Optics bino adapter through them, along with attachment plates for binos and spotting scope.

Finding a gun rest attachment was trickier, but found a BOGgear universal rest and adapt-a-pod on Amazon that works well with the set-up. PM me if you're interested in specifics.

Ivan
06-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Thanks for your detailed response. I'll look into those recommendations. Seems strange that there are no Canadian distributors for Slik. The best stuff is always hard to get in Canada!

Cyrus
06-20-2017, 09:14 PM
I have bog pods and a couple primos trigger stick style. Prefer the bog pod as much lighter but after afew years notice the bog pods are stripping.