PDA

View Full Version : Poachers charged

Red_Mist
06-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Just a thought , maybe poaching related articles can be put into one thread. Not as a rumor mill or for accusations, just as info to whats going on.

This is one came across as positive for two reasons for me, one is there were actual charges so good job CO's and two the CBC actually identifies these men as poachers rather then hunters....finally.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/sask-charged-dna-track-1.4149605

IronNoggin
06-07-2017, 02:11 PM
And in a surprising twist:

"One of the men, 36-year-old Raymond Sparvier was fined $3,500 for unlawfully hunting a bull elk on private land without permission and unlawfully possessing wildlife. The province noted that anyone exercising Treaty hunting rights has to get permission from the landowner when hunting on private land."

And...

"found guilty of assisting, aiding or hunting with a First Nations person and being in possession of wildlife taken by a First Nations person."

About Bloody Time!! :D

Cheers,
Nog

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
06-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Ya about time ..

Darksith
06-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Well thats great...now if the courts could grow a pair and stop FN from travelling far and wide to hunt out of season...traditional lands only, or whats open are supposed to be the laws.

HappyJack
06-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Well thats great...now if the courts could grow a pair and stop FN from travelling far and wide to hunt out of season...traditional lands only, or whats open are supposed to be the laws.

Or coming up from the USA and killing our game!!! Lets not forget that, and those ones are supposed to be extinct.

Jelvis
06-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Their (Treaty) not Status Indians -- lots of difference, ( No Stat no card, no different then Barry White.
Jelvis -- believe me

338win mag
06-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Their (Treaty) not Status Indians -- lots of difference, ( No Stat no card, no different then Barry White.
Jelvis -- believe me
"lots of difference" please explain.

northof49
06-07-2017, 05:37 PM
This was AB, if BC chances are nothing happens

Brez
06-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Or coming up from the USA and killing our game!!! Lets not forget that, and those ones are supposed to be extinct.
"extinct" in Canada.......not in the "States"

BgBlkDg
06-07-2017, 06:52 PM
So what, they all moved to Colville, circa the early 50s and those now poaching in the West Kootenays, were BORN THERE. They ARE NOT Canadians, do NOT have "rights" here and actually break our gun laws when they come into OUR country.

Some of the "skids" and Yankee dodgers living in the Slocan and around the WK support these characters and they also can and do choose other Americans, NOT "indian" as tribe members who thus have, according to them, hunting "rights" in the WK. The Okanogans support this and we ARE and WILL lose OUR hunting to these characters.

The area is flooded now, but, I call friends and officials every week to check on when to come to do my part in preventing this and I know the area far better than they do.

I have been threatened with violence and I WILL defend myself without hesitation. I know others at home who feel as I do and can do whatever is necessary.

HarryToolips
06-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Amen.................