PDA

View Full Version : New sockeye fishery? or renewed?

boxhitch
06-06-2017, 10:42 AM
consultation process ?
The releases of 230,000 fry are in recognition and celebration of the Syilx peoples’ continued successful efforts to bring sockeye salmon back to the Okanagan, and since 2016 to Okanagan Lake.
“The return of our sc ‘win (sockeye salmon) to Okanagan Lake is our fundamental and inherent right and responsibility as Syilx people,” states Grand Chief Stewart Phillip.
https://www.syilx.org/about-us/operations/news/

BgBlkDg
06-06-2017, 11:15 AM
There is ONE and ONLY ONE "nation", it is known as CANADA. The ludicrous claims of the "fns" are just that, BS and all such crap should be banned!!!

ryanonthevedder
06-06-2017, 01:12 PM
It can't hurt, but I wonder who gets the monopoly at OK Falls?

Linksman313
06-06-2017, 02:28 PM
It can't hurt, but I wonder who gets the monopoly at OK Falls?

First come first serve I would imagine, we'll see how long this stock will last.

Mulehahn
06-06-2017, 02:50 PM
Their hatchery, they are doing the work. I wish them the best of success. With the way the current government is going they may be last hatchery left. Not even the Trudeau is stupid enough to target a Native owned hatchery.

Ozone
06-06-2017, 03:12 PM
I'm going to guess they will think they can now kill 230,000 sockeye when these return or the government will have to pay them for them.

wos
06-06-2017, 06:55 PM
Wow why so negative? I will say I know little about this new fishery but if people are putting their minds and money together to create a new or renewed fishery then all the power to them.

Surrey Boy
06-06-2017, 07:33 PM
Wow why so negative? I will say I know little about this new fishery but if people are putting their minds and money together to create a new or renewed fishery then all the power to them.

Indian Affairs has a long history of assertions made by the Indians in bad faith, recently being accepted by the courts without question. From imaginary land claims to victim culture to social dysfunction endemic to that community, it's fair to be cynical of anything done by an Indian Band.

Brez
06-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Their hatchery, they are doing the work. I wish them the best of success. With the way the current government is going they may be last hatchery left. Not even the Trudeau is stupid enough to target a Native owned hatchery.
X2. Good on them.

06-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Their hatchery, they are doing the work. I wish them the best of success. With the way the current government is going they may be last hatchery left.

Agreed ....... Although ........

Not even the Trudeau is stupid enough to target a Native owned hatchery.

I wouldn't say that ....... These Liberals and the many governments before them should pull their heads out of he sand for the way they ...... And DFO have managed and continue to manage , better yet mismanage our Pacific Coast fishery programs ........ More manage to zero. If we continue to disregard our grandchildren will only see pictures and hear stories of the legendary Salmon Runs.

boxhitch
06-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Indian Affairs has a long history of assertions made by the Indians in bad faith, recently being accepted by the courts without question. From imaginary land claims to victim culture to social dysfunction endemic to that community, it's fair to be cynical of anything done by an Indian Band.But it must all be true, its all backed up by timely stories from the elders. No written history but someone always can 'remember when.....'