PDA

View Full Version : Pissed Off!!

Deer_Slayer
06-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Ok well I messed up but I still have until the 15th and away I go. Scavenged some days off. May be late but it is mating time so who knows.

Ron.C
06-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Was excited to be successful on grizzly draw for MU 4-34. Purchased my hunting license and Grizzly tag on the new electronic system May 2. Today on June 5 my grizzly tag arrives in mail and my time to hunt has passed. $85 down the toilet plus the $6 for LEH entry fee. I had booked off work from the 10th to the 20th. This is beyond ridiculous!does it not say that you can go into any service BC location and have the tag printed out?

Deer_Slayer
06-05-2017, 02:00 PM
I work all day...how do I go there when they are closed!!

Darksith
06-05-2017, 02:04 PM
well how would you of gotten it any other way? Did you order the tag the day you got your approval? If its me, and Im stoked about going on any hunt...I will make it happen...can't blame the system when you had alternative options. Call in sick, go at lunch, leave early...shit man make it happen

allan
06-05-2017, 02:06 PM
I bought my license the old fashioned way, 10 days before I was to
leave on my trip, girl behind the counter said if I wait 3 more days I could buy it electronically.
I laughed and told her there was a good chance I wouldn't get it it time bc the system will be too slow the first time around.
Never leave your passport or license or any documentation to the last min.
The only thing I leave to pack last thing is ice, and vegetables....

Good2bCanadian
06-05-2017, 02:10 PM
I went to WSS April 17 this year and bought my black bear, grizz tags and paper license early because I knew this BS would happen.
Good luck getting a refund.

IslandWanderer
06-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Leave an hour early or go in late. Very few employers would have an issue with that. I bought my b bear tags at a service bc location. If you were off from May 10th-20th, couldn't you have just stopped by a service bc counter on the 10th?

BCHoyt
06-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Complaining about something that you could have easily avoided yourself is just stupid! Take responsibility that this is your own fault!

LBM
06-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Was excited to be successful on grizzly draw for MU 4-34. Purchased my hunting license and Grizzly tag on the new electronic system May 2. Today on June 5 my grizzly tag arrives in mail and my time to hunt has passed. $85 down the toilet plus the $6 for LEH entry fee. I had booked off work from the 10th to the 20th. This is beyond ridiculous!

On your other thread you mentioned you wernt heading up till end of May.

notyalc
06-05-2017, 03:14 PM
did you find out you win the draw on May 2nd???

Dorarem
06-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Why did you buy grizzly tag, if you got a draw ?

allan
06-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Why did you buy grizzly tag, if you got a draw ?
You still need to buy a tag.

monasheemountainman
06-05-2017, 03:29 PM
well how would you of gotten it any other way? Did you order the tag the day you got your approval? If its me, and Im stoked about going on any hunt...I will make it happen...can't blame the system when you had alternative options. Call in sick, go at lunch, leave early...shit man make it happen
X10000 there's no way I wouldn't have that tag in my pocket the first day it was available

scuba
06-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Got my paper licence and grizz tag at wholesale sports in mid may with no issues, pretty sure gas stations still had them up until last week of May too.

Rackmastr
06-05-2017, 03:56 PM
So, you had 10 days booked off work, but couldnt stop at Service BC and get a license printed during that time? You just cancelled your vacation leave and went to work checking the mailbox for it to show up?

With that type of initiative, I could see how you'd be unsuccessful with a grizz tag. I'd be pissed off too if I had that level of commitment or problem solving skillz....

monasheemountainman
06-05-2017, 04:42 PM
So, you had 10 days booked off work, but couldnt stop at Service BC and get a license printed during that time? You just cancelled your vacation leave and went to work checking the mailbox for it to show up?

With that type of initiative, I could see how you'd be unsuccessful with a grizz tag. I'd be pissed off too if I had that level of commitment or problem solving skillz....

By the way, how did you do?

Ron.C
06-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Leave an hour early or go in late. Very few employers would have an issue with that. I bought my b bear tags at a service bc location. If you were off from May 10th-20th, couldn't you have just stopped by a service bc counter on the 10th?

exactly, take a couple extra hours off work or loose a couple hours of day one of the hunt.

sorry, but you cancelled you hunt is your own fault.

RackStar
06-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Brutally honest.
So true.
Hard to blame the system?
You are out the money and didn't get to go on the hunt. Should have added a half days pay in there and you would have gone on your hunt. Cant wait to hear all the people whining about LEH again

LuckyIfYouGetOne
06-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Haha *****

ellenbill
06-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Ndp. Will be happy.

Rackmastr
06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
By the way, how did you do?

Had an awesome time, backpacked into a couple spots and spent a lot of time looking at some great slides.

I'm the end I think I put in a total of 11 days hunting. I passed a decent younger boar 6' or so on the last day of the hunt. Just not the type of bear I felt I needed to shoot. Had an awesome time and great experience overall!

Had hoped to get out this week one more time but had a death in the family on Friday so pulled the pin and called it a great spring regardless. Ending on the bear in a slide at 200 yards was a nice way to end it this year.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-05-2017, 06:56 PM
Lots of blamers in modern society.

Just saying.

sako79
06-05-2017, 07:04 PM
The op had plenty of time to get it himself but it does show how long that these tags can take to get. So just a reminder get your tags plenty of time before you're Hunt is scheduled to take place

LBM
06-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Had an awesome time, backpacked into a couple spots and spent a lot of time looking at some great slides.

I'm the end I think I put in a total of 11 days hunting. I passed a decent younger boar 6' or so on the last day of the hunt. Just not the type of bear I felt I needed to shoot. Had an awesome time and great experience overall!

Had hoped to get out this week one more time but had a death in the family on Friday so pulled the pin and called it a great spring regardless. Ending on the bear in a slide at 200 yards was a nice way to end it this year.

Did you have a 4-34 as well as this fellow or different MU.

Rackmastr
06-06-2017, 07:53 AM
Did you have a 4-34 as well as this fellow or different MU.

Different zone. I started hunting April 25th though, so had an early start followed by a May trip as well

brownmancheng
06-06-2017, 08:25 AM
If you order your tag online I don't believe it is as simple as stopping by and buying one from Service Bcc. As you would already have one on the system they would be unlikely to issue another one. Only way around is maybe void the tag before it arrives??

Just looking at it from his side before he is mauled here....

dapesche
06-06-2017, 08:50 AM
If you order your tag online I don't believe it is as simple as stopping by and buying one from Service Bcc. As you would already have one on the system they would be unlikely to issue another one. Only way around is maybe void the tag before it arrives??

Just looking at it from his side before he is mauled here....

I had my bear tag take over a month to arrive. I ended up going to FrontCounter in my town to have the tag voided and a new one issued. Pretty easy process, and it likely would've taken 30mins max for attendant to call appropriate party for the voiding of my purchased tags and the issuing of new tags. Only thing I didn't like is that my FWID isn't printed on my mule and bear tag (re-issued), but instead they were written with pen. Will definitely rub off.

So in short, process was quite easy to get my tags voided and new ones issued.

My online purchased tags showed up last Friday and I purchased them April 26th. They showed up a week and a half after I had them voided and the envelope looked like it has sat in the rain for a little bit.

Working out the kinks....

06-06-2017, 08:54 AM
I bought my black bear tag and it was no problem getting... took a bit but I ordered it early....
then I saw a few of these threads and though that maybe I should buy my wifes and my Mulie tags.... so I did..... if I get a moose draw I will get that on the day I find out.....
The lesson here is get your tags early so you don't get jammed....

J_T
06-06-2017, 10:27 AM
I've bought all my tags for the fall. Nice thing is, they are now available through the online system. Often in the past with the paper system, Gov vendors didn't have them until August.

Deer_Slayer
06-06-2017, 12:29 PM
ok I F'ed up...I get it. I thought you cannot buy license at shops anymore. 1st time using this system. One thing I do know...there are sure a lot of know it alls on here.

RiverOtter
06-06-2017, 12:41 PM
While some here have had great luck with the new system, I've experienced nothing but grief so far. Like buying my license and BB tag 3rd week of April and not seeing it until just before May long. In fairness though, the system confirming my purchase and adding it to my account history, then getting amnesia and making me redo the process 2 weeks later was a big part of my delays.

In future, I hope they allow license/tag sales well in advance of April 1 opener. Fall tags allow for lots of cushion, assuming you get on it well before the "Back to School" sales start. Haha.

Linksman313
06-06-2017, 02:34 PM
ok I F'ed up...I get it. I thought you cannot buy license at shops anymore. 1st time using this system. One thing I do know...there are sure a lot of know it alls on here.

Slayer you know better, if you can't handle all the answers and opinions - don't ask
Bummer on the missed hunt, been there too, good luck in the fall.

Darksith
06-06-2017, 03:02 PM
One thing I do know...there are sure a lot of know it alls on here.

you got that right son rofl...would never let a piece of paper be the reason for me to not make it out on a hunt...I wait all year for those opportunities, and they never last long enough :)

IslandWanderer
06-06-2017, 11:50 PM
Lol, reading through this thread was wince-worthy. I'm guessing the OP wishes he hadn't posted it.

deer nut
06-07-2017, 12:15 AM
I decided to go for it this year, used the new system & had no problems.

The Hermit
06-07-2017, 03:52 AM
Lol, reading through this thread was wince-worthy. I'm guessing the OP wishes he hadn't posted it.

Yeah tough crowd! ;-)

Asco
06-07-2017, 06:48 AM
I went to get my paper tags early.
The elecrtonic system made me so mad last year I gave up after 2 nights of trying to figure it out.
This spring at the Abbotsford outdoor show I saw the govt people advertising the shiny new system.
i cornered the lady and sat down with her. Made her sign up me and my 2 boys. It took an hour and her supervisor was getting mad she wasn't handing out pamphlets. I got an hour tutorial, and now I can use the system but it is still janky. Like it says that kids with a full license have no licenses available to buy.
Thats because you have to know to buy kids licenses on your adult account but write in the kids fwid.

It it could definitely be easier and better laid out. I don't think that most people will get the one on one education I got and will continue to be frustrated.

caddisguy
06-07-2017, 07:30 AM
I got my paper license and bear tag in March. It's my only booklet with 100% of the tags cut, albeit 1/1 lol

I did go out one weekend after that and thought I'd better get a second tag just incase temptation got the better of me or I ran into a bear that needed an attitude adjustment. I just went to WSS and picked up one of them fancy new tags... in and out in 5-10mins.

The online stuff is pretty dodgey. Just last week a lot of people couldn't see their LEH histories. It was randomly showing "no results". Likely and issue with the web server talking to DB server and just showing "no results" rather than an actual error. I have been working on hosting infrastructure as a career for almost 20 years now and know bad code and poor infrastructure when I see it. Hopefully they will get the hang of it soon, but going to WSS or ServiceBC etc works just fine.

MichelD
06-07-2017, 08:22 AM
When I got my bear tag at Reliable in April I got a mulie tag too. Didn't want to ruin my LEH moose luck by buying a moose tag yet though.

Deer_Slayer
06-13-2017, 05:51 PM
ok Grandpa

Deer_Slayer
06-13-2017, 05:53 PM
I don't recall asking anything from all you wise men. I can handle it just fine...can you?

Deer_Slayer
06-13-2017, 05:57 PM
yeah hey it does by cracky,,,,thanks Sherlock...you're awesome!

Deer_Slayer
06-13-2017, 05:58 PM
lol oh so very tough....probably members of local PTA too

S.W.A.T.
06-13-2017, 06:01 PM
First year of the online deal, ordered my tags and did all my leh in about a hour, then went back and added more leh over a couple weeks. Seems dangerous to me, like online poker or something lol. Tags took 10 business days to arrive

Deer_Slayer
06-13-2017, 11:15 PM
**** off goof!

Squamch
06-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Well, that doesn't seem like an appropriate response to someone who appears to be commiserating with you.

bcsteve
06-14-2017, 08:08 AM
I guess he figured that if he can't delete his account, he'll get himself banned instead.

Gateholio
06-14-2017, 08:14 AM
This doesn't appear to be going anywhere