PDA

View Full Version : savona band

curt
06-03-2017, 01:31 PM
So I've been hearing lots of rumors about the savona band killing deer and moose in epic numbers and selling them to Asians and east Indians in Vancouver. I'm wondering if I've heard this numerous times if anyone else has and hopefully some law enforcement too!?!? I know yrs ago in Burns lake if you wanted a moose you just had to go to the bar and let it be known within an hour and 100$ later you would have a moose sad but very true.

quadrakid
06-03-2017, 01:42 PM
You start a post that is based on rumours that will turn into another racist tirade against natives,why?

curt
06-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Im asking a question................are you not tired of all the bullshit that goes on with the different interest groups if you didnt notice by my profile pick I may have some native heritage myself but I'm so tired of the shameful behavior I dont want to stick my head in the sand I want my kids to be able to hunt too. I made sure the co's knew about the chilliwack "guy" going up to kamloops shooting a few elk from a very small herd up there too.... and posting it on facebook then justifying himself to all the disgusted hunters who were calling him out...............his response "traditional hunt" **** off traditional wtf is the matter with people. If shit like this is going on we need to spread the word and put the pressure on to stop. Again Chilliwack"guys" go kill a bunch of elk in Princeton some pregnant cows too ON PRIVATE PROPERTY and just leave them there are you ok with this I'M not!?

IronNoggin
06-03-2017, 02:53 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111113714/3175184-in-before-the-lock-3.jpg

Wild one
06-03-2017, 03:01 PM
We all hear stories but who knows which ones are true

Spy
06-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Im asking a question................are you not tired of all the bullshit that goes on with the different interest groups if you didnt notice by my profile pick I may have some native heritage myself but I'm so tired of the shameful behavior I dont want to stick my head in the sand I want my kids to be able to hunt too. I made sure the co's knew about the chilliwack "guy" going up to kamloops shooting a few elk from a very small herd up there too.... and posting it on facebook then justifying himself to all the disgusted hunters who were calling him out...............his response "traditional hunt" **** off traditional wtf is the matter with people. If shit like this is going on we need to spread the word and put the pressure on to stop. Again Chilliwack"guys" go kill a bunch of elk in Princeton some pregnant cows too ON PRIVATE PROPERTY and just leave them there are you ok with this I'M not!?
It is terrible and I applaud you for standing up and doing something about it. Let's just be clear it's not all bands or all natives, so please let's not paint all natives with the same brush. I honestly think that if you want the law to do their job then it's up to natives to take a stand, we as Hunters will support you all the way.
Once again thank you.

Wild one
06-03-2017, 03:29 PM
It is terrible and I applaud you for standing up and doing something about it. Let's just be clear it's not all bands or all natives, so please let's not paint all natives with the same brush. I honestly think that if you want the law to do their job then it's up to natives to take a stand, we as Hunters will support you all the way.
Once again thank you.

No doubt there are issues and ones like mentioned in this thread drive me nuts

enforcement against this kind of abuse of FN rights is needed

quadrakid
06-03-2017, 04:02 PM
The question you ask is has anybody else heard these rumors? I,m all for commenting on bad behaviour by any group. I am not interested in hearing a whole bunch of comments about behaviour that is rumored to be going on. Lets talk about facts not rumors.

Red_Mist
06-03-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure of "who" was responsible, but yes recently...like a year or two ago.... there was an investigation. I believe the CO's charged the business owner (a butcher) who was part of the scheme.

quadrakid
06-03-2017, 05:10 PM
A butcher from Savona was convicted of selling wild meat to the CO.s in 2015. Google it. No mention of where he got the meat or of the butcher being part of any scheme.

scoutlt1
06-03-2017, 05:43 PM
Not to hijack, but just to make a point. There is a precedent for no enforcement of some things...

As someone who is involved in hiring, this sort of thing is rather close to home. I/we would never think to discriminate based on race, gender, etc.... Not because it's the law, but because doing so would simply be wrong! Clearly this way of thinking does not exist with some people.
Clearly there will be no enforcement, and probably no complaints either. I hope that changes on both points.

Job offering on Facebook by the Skeetchestn Indian Band. One job is mowing lawns....

General Job Qualifications for both positions:
- Must be students intending to return to school studies in the fall of 2017.
- Must be First Nation and within 15-24 years of age.
- Must be able to take initiative and work with little supervision.
- Be flexible and able to adapt well to changing situations
- Must be available 40 hours/week
• Valid driver’s license an asset. Must enjoy the outdoors.

(Federal Law)
The CANADIAN HUMAN RIGHTS ACT The Canadian Human Rights Act entitles all individuals to equal employment opportunities without regard to race or colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, family or marital status, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth), pardoned conviction, disability (either physical or mental or as the result of dependence on alcohol or drugs), or sexual orientation.

(British Columbia Law)

Discrimination in employment advertisements11 A person must not publish or cause to be published an advertisement in connection with employment or prospective employment that expresses a limitation, specification or preference as to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age unless the limitation, specification or preference is based on a bona fide occupational requirement.

Red_Mist
06-03-2017, 06:38 PM
A butcher from Savona was convicted of selling wild meat to the CO.s in 2015. Google it. No mention of where he got the meat or of the butcher being part of any scheme.

The butcher was not the poacher..... the dozens of deer were brought to him as he had a venue for the sale, being his shop. Look up the definition of scheme "make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong". My understanding is the poachers were not charged, only the butcher.

walks with deer
06-03-2017, 07:43 PM
If you have real intell talk to the co' s in person...

Does this go on absolutely..if you know about it give the local go's the appropriate info and they will deal with it...sometimes they have to wait and watch some time until they have enough back up to win...last thing they want is a presadant setting case not in the favour of wildlife it's a double edge sword.

walks with deer
06-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Damm auto correct co's

quadrakid
06-03-2017, 07:47 PM
He was convicted of selling them meat on three occasions. I may be wrong but i can,t find any references to"dozens of deer" in the articles i am reading.There may have been a poaching ring selling to him but i can,t find any reference to it.

Red_Mist
06-03-2017, 08:09 PM
I think your correct , it was never published how many animals were poached. My information is from someone who spoke directly with the CO doing the investigation and it was upwards of 30+ deer if I recall. And yes they watched them for a long time to build a case against the butcher.

Surrey Boy
06-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Curt is doing his social duty by enforcing morality on his peers. It's thankless and difficult, but he persists.

Mainstream Canadians could learn from him about community standards and dignity.

Mosin
06-04-2017, 04:28 AM

So I've been hearing lots of rumors about the savona band killing deer and moose in epic numbers and selling them to Asians and east Indians in Vancouver. I'm wondering if I've heard this numerous times if anyone else has and hopefully some law enforcement too!?!? I know yrs ago in Burns lake if you wanted a moose you just had to go to the bar and let it be known within an hour and 100$ later you would have a moose sad but very true.

Yes I heard similar rumours. I also heard all the Asians and east Indians of Vancouver have joined forces to personally piss you off(no one else) the plan is eat as many deer as possible so your children won't have anything to hunt. I'm not sure what they have against you but they seem pretty determined. Chop Suey deer and curried deer are flowing out of everyone's ears down here in the wet coast.

Jelvis
06-04-2017, 06:18 AM
-- Hey Curt it's Jelvis in Kammy Land close to Savano and hunted with lots of guys up in around Savano, and seen squat for abuse by anyone where we were.
---> Savano area is total mule deer habitat at it's finest close to the Lower Strangeland.
I know some Indians from around here and all cool dudes and dudesses.
-- Roomerz abound from decades ago in the 60;s something happened up the Deadman Valley with some hunters and the local Indians making news over some animals taken.
- Once a rumor starts it's like a lil snowball rolling down a snowy slope and it get's bigger and bigger until it's dangerous so the history of Deadman is in mourning.
Jelly -- I also have some Indian blood from my mom's heritage -- mixed togedder wit udderz over dah yearce -- Great gran parents and down from all around -- also white Russian from sway back
Relatives came from White Russia thru Germany down to South America and over to North America, the States up to Saskatchewan the over to Abbotsford.
-- Menno nites basically who followed John Menno who dint believe in killing people, Christians.

westcoast meds
06-04-2017, 10:01 AM
I ran into a guy on a quad last year in this area and he mentioned the same or simular rumor . Though he did not mention natives , the number of animals he was suggesting had been poached were much higher than what has been discussed on this thread so far. I was hoping it was not true, but if it is , what a shame, and hopefully it gets stopped.

Jelvis
06-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Only locals or the actual Indians have known the mystery of Deadman.
The voices and the moaning and groaning, like huge sounding voices.
It turns out the Deadman has hoodoos which are natural statues and beams with out a roof made of sand and red dirt.
When the wind swirls and speeds up it creates mystical sounds not heard anywhere else.
It can scare the most solid individual never mind a supersticious one
The voices are loud too.
Also about the mix up of elk and mule deer in the valley in the 60's.
I heard of it in the Fraser valley from a family who hunted Deadnman religously.
Some hunters from Sardis BC were hunting Deadman for mule deer buck.
-- They saw what appeared to be a massive bodies animal behind a tree, ass stickin out and they saw it had points so BAM! Down goes the heavy bodied deer.
-- These hunters from the valley hunted blacktail up the Vedder all their life.
When they walked closer to the massive buck with a rack like an elk.
Thirty nine inches wide - thirteen inch tines in perfect semetry, perfect four point.
They thought it could be an elk.
Scared they gutted it and dragged it with come alongs loaded it up started driving towards Savano when a truck came up behind flashng their lights off and on.
Pulled over and an Indian asked him," You shoot animal?" The guy says why? This animule has been saved and left to carry on my wayward son by the hoodoo man."
The guy shite his pants and said, " " It's a monster mule then, it's not a bull elk?"
The Indian fella says, " You and the Deadman have hindered the Hoodoo man and you will have to pay."
The Indian turned a you e and gone with the wind.
-- The hunters from Sardis were in a state of shock then drove to Abbottsford to the Taxidermist.
The Taxi says, " You know this particular buck is like no other mule buck i've worked with, other than it's huge, like a bull elk." " It's got two scars behind it's ears like a tatoo, never seen anyting like it Mister, you shot an only buck."
-- won't tell yah what happened at home.
Jel -- The Deadman Hoo do yah love?

HappyJack
06-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Madman^^^^^^^^^

604redneck
06-04-2017, 03:02 PM
The question you ask is has anybody else heard these rumors? I,m all for commenting on bad behaviour by any group. I am not interested in hearing a whole bunch of comments about behaviour that is rumored to be going on. Lets talk about facts not rumors.
Then don't comment or read the post.....

Edzzed
06-04-2017, 05:56 PM
I have driven that stretch of road many times and how do we know if the deer are being shot or victims of roadkill. I have seen many carcasses on the road side. You want to hear about corruption. read this http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/04/disability-attorney-who-stole-600m-from-government-disappears-fbi-says.html The guy had a doctor and judge in his back pocket.

Steelpulse
06-04-2017, 05:59 PM
There's no elk in kamloops

Jelvis
06-04-2017, 09:35 PM
The taxi phoned Henry and wanted Henry to come in and settle up, he had a perfect head mount.
-- So Henry and George go in to the taxi with the cheque and see this masterpiece.
The Taxi says, " Your not going to believe what I found behind your massive mule bucks ears!"
-- George says, " Oh Henry told me, you found scars alike a tattoo on each side behind each massive ear right?", I already know bromo."
-- The Taxi says, " Look guys I dont want yu telling any of my customers what I'm about to tell you!" Do you agree? Henry says, " I think that might be hard to hide on a 39 inch rack stuffed head! Hahaha.
-- Ok so I ain't telling you what I saw and it was gone, no Henry don't be a dick.
-- Anyways the taxi refused to tell what he had seen for half hour then GONE!
- Henry thought the taxi had worked to hard and stayed up too late, a lil lite headed.

The taxi had told his pardner and it leaked thru the hunters from Sardis and Vedder Canal.
-- The scars like tatoos had looked like different but, after he put the liquid on the scars turned purple and shaped like H and D and then the scars went back to normal.
- His partner set the taxi up for a visit with his Pastor at the local Mennonite church.
No body believes the taxi still, think he flipped his wig.
Jel -- Deadman, Vidette -- the caves, the spooky hoo doos, and major mule deer everywhere.

Deer_Slayer
06-05-2017, 01:45 PM
The sad but true fact is that our wildlife is being massacred by people who can't turn down the wad of cash rich Asians are waving in front of their faces. I talked with a buddy in Golden and he says the Asians are swarming the area in large groups and wiping out the deer. That's why now CO's are catching them with cube vans full of venison, moose, bear...it is fact and NOT racism.

Deer_Slayer
06-05-2017, 01:49 PM
The plan is that wealthy Asians are paying top dollar for venison. This is fact.

bighornbob
06-05-2017, 01:51 PM
There's no elk in kamloops

There may not be a season for them but I personally saw a 6 point bull and caught another 6 point bull on trail camera. All in the same area and 10 minutes from town.

BHB

Darksith
06-05-2017, 02:17 PM
I know yrs ago in Burns lake if you wanted a moose you just had to go to the bar and let it be known within an hour and 100$ later you would have a moose sad but very true.

oh yeah...how many years ago? smh

Drillbit
06-05-2017, 10:57 PM
The taxi phoned Henry and wanted Henry to come in and settle up, he had a perfect head mount.
-- So Henry and George go in to the taxi with the cheque and see this masterpiece.
The Taxi says, " Your not going to believe what I found behind your massive mule bucks ears!"
-- George says, " Oh Henry told me, you found scars alike a tattoo on each side behind each massive ear right?", I already know bromo."
-- The Taxi says, " Look guys I dont want yu telling any of my customers what I'm about to tell you!" Do you agree? Henry says, " I think that might be hard to hide on a 39 inch rack stuffed head! Hahaha.
-- Ok so I ain't telling you what I saw and it was gone, no Henry don't be a dick.
-- Anyways the taxi refused to tell what he had seen for half hour then GONE!
- Henry thought the taxi had worked to hard and stayed up too late, a lil lite headed.

The taxi had told his pardner and it leaked thru the hunters from Sardis and Vedder Canal.
-- The scars like tatoos had looked like different but, after he put the liquid on the scars turned purple and shaped like H and D and then the scars went back to normal.
- His partner set the taxi up for a visit with his Pastor at the local Mennonite church.
No body believes the taxi still, think he flipped his wig.
Jel -- Deadman, Vidette -- the caves, the spooky hoo doos, and major mule deer everywhere.

Harley Davidson edition Mulie?!