PDA

View Full Version : Nice Alpine - Another inquiry

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Heres a pic I took a little while ago in Region 5.

Whaddya think - mulies? Sheep? Anyone recognize it?

Sure is gorgeous...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/buckmtn.jpg

Kitimat Killer
07-23-2007, 01:45 PM
ya it is a nice pic and does look like good countrey i would say both critters there but i don't know that area at all but good pics

tufferthandug
07-23-2007, 02:07 PM
North end of Taseko?

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Close tuffer - the valley in the far left of the picture leads to Yohetta. Im standing on buck mtn in the pic.

Do you hunt this area?

tufferthandug
07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
It's been a little while since the last time I was there. Were you standing on the west side of Buck Mtn? If I remember right, Poison Mtn was on the east side of Buck? Poison had two big lines going up the north side of it from people (A-holes) trying to make it up to the top.

The bucks I saw were in the jungle looking shat in the lower elevation's small valleys of the area. Ewes were out in the alpine with a couple banana heads hanging around. I remember looking north from Red and wondering what kind of game was living in the nasty crevasses on the other side of the valley, since the big rams were nowhere to be seen in the easy areas. Some big bears down there too.

rollingrock
07-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I only had one glimpse at that mountain and want to spend more time there. Amazing country... don't know how the road condition of Moha in November. Any ideas?

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 03:17 PM
When you were on buck mountain did you see any deer or just idiot's driving up into the alpine , and doesn't the guide out there bring mountain biker's up there?

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 03:19 PM
real big bears.

Is that mountain named red mtn?

I am looking west in this picture I believe...

What do you mean two big lines?

I never hunted that mtn in the centre of the pic - always wanted to...

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
The lines are from people driving to the top of poison mountain , which they are not suppose too . When were you up there last.

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
God, at least 8 years ago...

I was just a kid, I thought that hardly anyone goes back in there. GO's lodge is just at the base of this hill.

Apparently lots has changed? We didnt see any bloody deer, but it was noon and about 35 degrees....

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Ya ive been all up in that country , it sickens me when you see guys on motor bikes way up there in the alpine . I'm not to sure if the Outfitter uses that cabin anymore , i think there is way to much access up there anymore , i know there use to be some good deer back there , and some really good sheep , i saw a band of about 9 good rams , 6 were shootable , 1 would have been record for sure , it was open season on them and i didn't have a tag , i just watched them run through my scope crosshairs , it sickened me .

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 03:45 PM
When was that?

Why would people drive 5+ hours on really bad backroad to get in there just to dirt bike? That outfitter camp is very extravagent - wayy to much so to abandon. Are we taking about the same buck mtn?

What has changed things so much to add to accessibility?

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
yup were talking about the same one , the guide now likes to take them out of his main camp which is closer to nine mile ridge . ya i have been on the top of the mountain and then you see some idiot riding his bike up there . That cabin is in a nice open area for his horses at the bottom of the valley right?

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 03:54 PM
As far as I know, this is the main, or at least biggest camp around...

This camp has about 4 or 5 main buildings, 10-15 small cabins, a large barn and numerous stables. Its got a main building with cook house etc, and there is a shower house and sauna on the lake there and a few docks.

Quite extensive.

Why the hell would dirt bikers want to rip up the alpine? Absolutley drives me crazy as well...

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
No were talking about a different camp now , what lake does he have his on ?

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 04:19 PM
One lake east of Yohetta, dont know the name...

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Still near buck mountain though ?

Wildman
07-23-2007, 04:27 PM
ya it is a nice pic and does look like good countrey i would say both critters there but i don't know that area at all but good pics

No goats, sheep or mulies in Courtney!

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 04:29 PM
There are goats here, quite literally just to the right of where i took this pic.

This camp is on the lake at the base of the mtn I am standing on

frenchbar
07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
That doesnt look like the poison mtn area to me,maybe a different Buck mnt .

tufferthandug
07-23-2007, 05:09 PM
That doesnt look like the poison mtn area to me,maybe a different Buck mnt .

I think you're right Frenchbar looking at the picture again, I think Gooch is talking about a different Buck Mtn. The terrain where he's standing looks just like Buck Mtn, but the scenery to the west is wrong.

frenchbar
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
yup were talking about the same one , the guide now likes to take them out of his main camp which is closer to nine mile ridge . ya i have been on the top of the mountain and then you see some idiot riding his bike up there . That cabin is in a nice open area for his horses at the bottom of the valley right?Those camps up towards poison mnt arent guides cabins .they were built by mining companys ,one is called canzak camp ive stayed in it many times,and the one above it at the base of poison mnt is an old cowboys cabin.the guide outfitter i worked for had some plywood shacks that him and my dad built in the early sixtys at the 75 km and there all pretty much destoyed.

frenchbar
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Ya i think that area shown is more north west of the poison mnt area.

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Are you guys familiar with taseko? When im home from work later ill pull this all up on some mapping and tell you exactly where it is.

I wish I knew where poison mtn was.

WoodOx
07-23-2007, 07:11 PM
The mountain directly infront is Mt Olson - to its direct right is Gunn Valley, and Tuzcha Lake is in it. Taseko lakes are to the east of Tuzcha.

This at all close to poison?

oscar makonka
07-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I wish I knew where poison mtn was.

Head up the Yalakom and turn right at the skull & crossbones sign...grin

Gilmore
07-23-2007, 07:49 PM
The mountain directly infront is Mt Olson - to its direct right is Gunn Valley, and Tuzcha Lake is in it. Taseko lakes are to the east of Tuzcha.

This at all close to poison?

Nope, not the Poison Mountain I think of anyhow. You are about 50+ miles as the crow flies west of the Poison/Buck Mt. area. Go directly east past Taseko Lake, South of Taseko Mt through Powell Pass into the Relay out through Lone Valley and your just about there.

Now that would be a good ride.:)

Chad

srupp
07-23-2007, 08:50 PM
lol..your right on one point..THERE ARE HUGE GRIZZLY BEARS IN THERE...H U G E !!!!!!

and some more critters.....

Steven