PDA

View Full Version : Decision time... any experience to lend advice?

mungojeerie
06-01-2017, 05:45 PM
So last year I decided to move from a bino harness to a harness/case. I had decided on the badlands bino mag. I ordered it in Dec or Jan and it is still on backorder, but the store has suggested I may prefer the new Mystery Ranch quick draw bino case.

I have tried the badlands with my binos (vortex talon hd 10x42) and I like it.

Anyone have experience with mystery ranch's new quick draw case that can draw comparisons between the two? I don't have opportunity to see the mystery ranch pack first.

The mystery pack is $99 and the sale price on my backordered badlands case is $119, with $20 difference price doesn't really play as a deciding factor

Whonnock Boy
06-01-2017, 06:06 PM
These packs are supposedly the cats meow.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/packs/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

monasheemountainman
06-01-2017, 06:18 PM
These packs are supposedly the cats meow.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com/packs/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

Im not a huge fan of mine. Too bulky and the straps rub the shit out of my neck

monasheemountainman
06-01-2017, 06:20 PM
I had the original badlands one and then the tactical badlands one...original was by far the best of the three. My buddy has the kuiu harness and it is real nice I might be switching from the Alaska guide to the kuiu

whitlers
06-01-2017, 07:36 PM
I have an Alaskan guide and I like it. Nice to have the binos handy. It also holds my wind powder a spare mag and my tags. I guess it could feel a little awkward at first because it is bulky but I can shoot my bow with it no problem. It seems well made and should last a long time.

todbartell
06-01-2017, 08:03 PM
I have the MR bino harness. Have only hunted with it for about 5 days but I like it. Also holds my rangefinder which is nice. I have used the Badlands harness in the past, now it collects dust.

mungojeerie
06-01-2017, 08:10 PM
I have the MR bino harness. Have only hunted with it for about 5 days but I like it. Also holds my rangefinder which is nice. I have used the Badlands harness in the past, now it collects dust.

Sooooo... how much you selling the dust collector for then? :)

allan
06-01-2017, 08:12 PM
I have a used badlands bino harness, don't use it. If your interested shoot me a pm.

The Hermit
06-01-2017, 08:34 PM

I have had one of the original AlaskaGuide bino harneses for years and the only problem with it is that it is too noisy for bow hunting. Is the MR any better? Like really quiet?

todbartell
06-01-2017, 10:15 PM
Sooooo... how much you selling the dust collector for then? :)

$50 shipped

ROY-alty33
06-02-2017, 02:34 AM
http://www.kingscamo.com/Op-X-Combo-Bino-Harness-System_p_1354.html

This what I use, pretty decent set up with the rangefinder holder and all

Grizz.325
06-02-2017, 07:23 AM
My buddy lost his binos out of his badlands case on our stone sheep hunt last year. Whatever case u use make sure your binos r fastened to a leash somehow. Was a painful sheep hung for him without his binos

tikkahunter
06-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Solo Hunter Bino system is what I use. Low profile, stays against your chest, doesn't bounce around. Quick easy access and very adjustable. Also comes with a range finder holder. Great system.

BRvalley
06-02-2017, 09:48 AM
I like the kuiu bino case, and just ordered the range finder add on....low profile design and the straps are appropriately sized and fit comfortably under my pack

steve-r
06-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Harness straps from Vortex eventually stretched out and bino kept banging around my belly. Got the Kuiu and it works great. Harness fits flat under my pack, and the case stays snug on my chest, it opens quietly, and the neck straps attached to the binos mean i cant drop it. Case is optional with the extra strap they provide.

mungojeerie
06-04-2017, 04:03 PM
http://www.kingscamo.com/Op-X-Combo-Bino-Harness-System_p_1354.html

This what I use, pretty decent set up with the rangefinder holder and all

that looks interesting

mungojeerie
06-04-2017, 04:04 PM
My buddy lost his binos out of his badlands case on our stone sheep hunt last year. Whatever case u use make sure your binos r fastened to a leash somehow. Was a painful sheep hung for him without his binos

ouch! Thats painful! Yes I was suggested the MR case and one of the reasons was that I was told the Badlands case tends to pop open easy with sudden jerks, like jumping off a log or rock outcrop etc.

Steelpulse
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Bought kuiu and range holder great stuff

dereke
06-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Love my Alaska Guide Creations harness. Had the Kuiu and got rid of it, much prefer the ACG.

Citori54
06-08-2017, 02:15 PM
I have used a badlands case for several years and have had no issue with the case popping open. The Badlands case has straps to attach the binos to the case so if someone lost their binoculars out of the case they were not using them as designed.

Squamch
06-08-2017, 02:38 PM
I like the vortex harness for carrying binos...but I don't love it for actually using them. Seems like I need to keep it too tight to be able to lift them to my face, to keep them from bouncing.
Maybe there's a sweet spot, but I'm struggling to find it.

AgSilver
06-09-2017, 11:16 PM
I'm always surprised more people don't mention the Oregon Packworks Bino Bro (Pro). Seems lIke it incorporates the best parts of most systems.

Also have the Cabela's Teck Lite (I think that's what it's called). Seems similar to the Kuiu.