PDA

View Full Version : 3-13 doe in nov

greasysidedown
07-23-2007, 12:15 PM
My boys are first time hunters, one got this leh.
I've camped around Stoyoma mtn in the summer but I wouldn't think there'd be any does around in nov.
Access seams to be either acouple of spots off the Thompson, the Nicola or the Coq hwy.
What do you guy's figure? I'm thinking the hills just above the Nicola [never been in there though].
Might be a mute point as there is youth doe gos were we moose hunt earlier any way. Thanks

Steeleco
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
My buddy has pulled that tag twice, and believe it or not we have been skunked!! We hunted around Murray lake, just north west of the Toll booth. Booth time the snow came early and hard and pushed all the animals across to reg 8 which was closed by then It's a big area so there should be some good spots closer to Merritt. Good luck.

browningboy
07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Haven't done that hunt but my hunch would be get down a little lower as Steelco says the snow will push them down8)

Big Bucks
07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Did you ever go up on top of Stoyoma ? And did you see anything ? I would suggest at that time of the year they will be down towards the big rivers , there will probably be snow at that time so when you see the tracks and if you can get into some open spots you will see them ,, probably with some huge buck chasing them .

greasysidedown
07-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Steelco, that why I'm asking. I have seen how the does exit Murray & Murphy lakes [just east of the toll both]. I used to hunt the Lawless creek area at the start of the year, but as soon as any snow would come most of the animals [tracks] would be down on the ridges above the Tulameen.
That's why I'm thinking the ridges above the Nicola west of Merritt might be better.
BB, never been on top of Syoyoma mtn just the lakes below. In from Boston Bar out through Kingsvale.

3kills
07-24-2007, 09:15 PM
greasysidedown send me a pm i might be able to help u out a bit