PDA

View Full Version : Area to shoot around Kamloops

bcfirefly
05-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Hey'all
I travel a lot with work and end up in Kamloops about 1-2 weeks every month over the summer. Wondering if there is somewhere reasonably close to town where one can safely shoot. I practice a firm 'pack it in, pack it out' policy when it comes to brass (steel case in this example) and targets. I am meeting my 2017 goal of shooting approximately 1-200 rounds a week in an attempt to improve my shooting techniques and just having some plain ol fun.
am I just better off getting a membership up at the local range? None of the shooting I am doing is from the bench and already have a membership at home.
Appreciate your comments.

bc8x8
05-30-2017, 09:56 AM
The safest place would be on a range. That said...the Heffley Creek range has a pistol, shotgun, black powder and a rifle range. The rifle range goes out to 1000 yds. Membership is under 100$ ,

bcfirefly
05-30-2017, 03:55 PM
didn't know about the heffley range ... looked it up and wow looks nice! a good option to consider thanks!

LuckyHorseshoe
05-30-2017, 07:20 PM
If you're interested in heffley range they have the schedule on their site. The only downfall is it gets closed fairly often for rcmp and others. Memberships are 80$ at wholesale or powder keg. No shortage of cut blocks and fsr's around. That being said.....the closer to town you are the more ppl you run into. Safest bet is the range.