PDA

View Full Version : election results vs grizzly hunt ban?

xcaribooer
05-29-2017, 09:53 AM
so If we find out later this week that the greens align with the NDP to form government it sounds like both parties agree that they would try to ban grizzly hunting.. how real of a possibility is this?

Buck
05-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Who said they would ban Grizzly hunting? My understanding that some meat retention rules will be added?

Ohwildwon
05-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Nothing like playing politics with the scientific management of wildlife and its habitat....

plumberjustin
05-29-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm okay with implementing meat retention rules. Berry fed grizz good, carrion fed grizz bad.

E.V.B.H.
05-29-2017, 12:14 PM
The problem is from what I've heard, it would be take the meat but you would have to leave the hide. They haven't been very forthcoming about this part.

Hublocker
05-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Reminds me of the fishing industry. If you haven't heard a rumour by noon, start one.

The problem is from what I've heard, it would be take the meat but you would have to leave the hide. They haven't been very forthcoming about this part.

xcaribooer
05-29-2017, 01:00 PM
I guess the wording I heard was to ban trophy hunting of grizzlies so maybe thats where the meat retention part comes in?

todbartell
05-29-2017, 01:25 PM

thats ridiculous

Jelvis
05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
With those bleeding hearts, only Status Indians will be hunting grizz, I told you to vote Lib and now, kiss the grizz bye bye in a year.
Jel -- anti hunters and anti animal everything for species at risk, grizzly is in the top three.
Enviromentalists and greens and to kill is cruel people are spreading thru BC like a wildfire.

HappyJack
05-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Maybe they will ban all trophy hunting one day and put the guides out of business?

Salmon Belly
05-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Just announced this afternoon -- Greens supporting NDP in legislature:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-ndp-green-agreement-1.4136539

SB

Rackmastr
05-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Reminds me of the fishing industry. If you haven't heard a rumour by noon, start one.

Whats the rumour? That's straight from an NDP member, quoted in print.

Surrey Boy
05-29-2017, 02:56 PM
I'll pull the same moves as with the LGR. Shoot an unregistered bear, not talk about it. When the moratorium ends I'll make a photo album and put the skull on my shelf.

358mag
05-29-2017, 03:10 PM
thats ridiculous

No that's the NDP + Green party for you .
Sure it will only be the tip of the ice berg

boblly1
05-29-2017, 03:30 PM
i would think you shoot the bear you own the whole thing hide and all. Just take it home whole that`s what i would call complete retention i`m just sayin.

E.V.B.H.
05-29-2017, 03:36 PM
This is a quote from a global bc article dated nov 2016, it is ridiculous but it's not a rumour. I don't know how to setup a link to the article though.
To be clear, the NDP is not proposing an all-out ban on hunting grizzlies; they’ll still allow hunters to kill if they plan on using the bear for food.
“When you take that meat out of the forest, you’re not taking the head, you’re not taking the claws, and you’re not taking the pelt,” Horgan said.

Seeker
05-29-2017, 03:53 PM
This is a quote from a global bc article dated nov 2016, it is ridiculous but it's not a rumour. I don't know how to setup a link to the article though.
To be clear, the NDP is not proposing an all-out ban on hunting grizzlies; they’ll still allow hunters to kill if they plan on using the bear for food.
“When you take that meat out of the forest, you’re not taking the head, you’re not taking the claws, and you’re not taking the pelt,” Horgan said.

If this is the case, it is a very slippery slope for every game species we hunt. If true, taxidermist's should be very concerned. What's species is next? Sheep? Goats? Deer?

caddisguy
05-29-2017, 04:02 PM

Here's the Global Article:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3087870/b-c-ndp-plan-to-ban-grizzly-bear-trophy-hunt/

As someone recently mentioned to me (and I am paraphrasing) this election showed us how narrow the voting margins are. It will be a good time to discuss these topics with our MLA's.

We could end up back in the ballot booths in a few months and with an understanding of how much impact a mostly-unified hunting voice has, the dialogue could very different among policiticans. Rather than emotionally driven topics and using grizzly bears as PR, perhaps we would see science based discussion about preserving and restoring habitat.

My main concern that when policy is made to appease emotions, it is straying from actual science and conservation. Once you do that, there is no limit on how far or overreaching it might become.

358mag
05-29-2017, 04:07 PM
If this is the case, it is a very slippery slope for every game species we hunt. If true, taxidermist's should be very concerned. What's species is next? Sheep? Goats? Deer?
Any big game animal that would be a "Trophy " will be next , we can still hunt then but only retain the meat the antlers-horns would have to be left in the hills .

srupp
05-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Hmmm so NOW folks are waking up to what was known....wonder how many hunters voter Horgan?
How many hunters are going to come to bc..spend $60,000 on a stone sheep..just to leave thecape horns in the mountain and just take the meat. ..ha ha ha..ya seriously.

Srupp

Piperdown
05-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Sunny days my friends sunny days :(

limit time
05-29-2017, 05:37 PM
First G bear then spring B bear....

Bear Chaser
05-29-2017, 09:04 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. The NDP aren't our friends.

Darksith
05-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Whats the rumour? That's straight from an NDP member, quoted in print.
one member doesn't make for legislation. Also there would/could be challenges in court that could make trying to say leave the trophy parts in the bush for a very sticky situation...as the anti's would push that envelope to inlcude all animals, there could be biological reprocussions from that in regards to now you have elevated poaching and increased the value of said parts...lots of things to consider, I don't think they would go as far to say leave all but the meat behind...I would fight that just as hard as I would fight a ban

First G bear then spring B bear....

you liberals already gave away the QCI black bear hunt...what aren't people up in arms over that one?

Hmmm so NOW folks are waking up to what was known....wonder how many hunters voter Horgan?
How many hunters are going to come to bc..spend $60,000 on a stone sheep..just to leave thecape horns in the mountain and just take the meat. ..ha ha ha..ya seriously.

Srupp
exaclty...thats why it simply won't happen. An NDP vote was not something to be afraid of...more liberal rule which has led to resident allocation losses, proper conservation funding and much more is much more dangerous than an NDP government and all the fear mongering over speculation

northof49
05-29-2017, 09:39 PM
NDP/Green = more regulation + less corporate investment in natural resource sector = less jobs = less $$ being spent in BC which in turn hurts resource towns (most of BC other than lower mainland) and all the supporting businesses. Add to that plans to end Gbear hunt, etc. Turmoil ahead folks. Hopefully new election sooner than later and better showing for Libs next time around.

358mag
05-29-2017, 09:46 PM

Srupp
Or how many residents hunters are going to hit the mountains shot a full curl Stone's sheep just for the meat ????

Jelvis
05-29-2017, 10:17 PM
The word used will prolly be " Susta nince" see these greens and ndp can't figure out long time conservation over decades not in one year. These regs have been around for decades.
-- your going to see every bleeding heart animal lover in BC come out of the wood work now.
-- every time somebody sees a hunterndrive by with a deer head hangin over the box in the back--911.
-- Any animal on or near distinction in BC will be shut down by these animal lovers
-- wolves are just wild natural dogs, deer are so cute and helpless with Save-ON close by why wood a whiteman need to kill a helpless deer for meat? Strange people with gunz.
-- any whale, any sheep, any moose the Shiras the coast moose will be totally closed . endangered
-- trapping, those torturous leg holds, how could a human do that to an helpless wild creature?
on and on andon
-- anything you won't eat will be shut down, wolves, coyotes, anything not edible wood be a trophy.
-- and you couldn't figure that out b4 the election then you got some thinkin to do.
One more note to make, NDP and GREENS are always on the Indians side, every time.
So you pritty well shot yerself in the foot as a non status hunter now.
I'm not trying to get you upset with this, it's going to happen sooner then you or I could imagine.
Jelly Ray Shiras -- you can tell my eyes to watch out 4 my mind, it might be walkin out on me 2day

gutpile
05-29-2017, 10:33 PM
Maybe they will ban all trophy hunting one day and put the guides out of business?
That won't surprise me at all , if you want to hunt any thing you have to take the meat but no hide or head for all game .

Ohwildwon
05-29-2017, 11:04 PM
The word used will prolly be " Susta nince" see these greens and ndp can't figure out long time conservation over decades not in one year. These regs have been around for decades.
-- your going to see every bleeding heart animal lover in BC come out of the wood work now.
-- every time somebody sees a hunterndrive by with a deer head hangin over the box in the back--911.
-- Any animal on or near distinction in BC will be shut down by these animal lovers
-- wolves are just wild natural dogs, deer are so cute and helpless with Save-ON close by why wood a whiteman need to kill a helpless deer for meat? Strange people with gunz.
-- any whale, any sheep, any moose the Shiras the coast moose will be totally closed . endangered
-- trapping, those torturous leg holds, how could a human do that to an helpless wild creature?
on and on andon
-- anything you won't eat will be shut down, wolves, coyotes, anything not edible wood be a trophy.
Jel -- and you couldn't figure that out b4 the election then you got some thinkin to do.
One more note to make, NDP and GREENS are always on the Indians side, every time.
So you pritty well shot yerself in the foot as a non status hunter now.
I'm not trying to get you upset with this, it's going to happen sooner then you or I could imagine.

Please calm down, your giving me a heart attack:razz:

HappyJack
05-30-2017, 03:02 PM
NDP/Green = more regulation + less corporate investment in natural resource sector = less jobs = less $$ being spent in BC which in turn hurts resource towns (most of BC other than lower mainland) and all the supporting businesses. Add to that plans to end Gbear hunt, etc. Turmoil ahead folks. Hopefully new election sooner than later and better showing for Libs next time around.

The Liberals made me register my atv = more regulations.and my water well=more regulations. they also allowed more raw log shipments=less jobs in Bc plus they accepted millions in bribe money, I made sure to vote against them, and because there is no viable conservative party in BC who was left to vote for??

Ltbullken
05-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Put the guides out of work (and many locals), pretty much shut down the outdoor outfitting industry (Cabela's, Bass Pro, WSS & smaller shops), whilst at the same time depressing the resource industry. Let's hope the NDP/Greens see this big picture and what a no-win that can be if they tread down the anti-hunting/anti-resource development policy hole. They would pretty much right off the BC interior for decades. Hopefully, they are not 'that' stupid.

Ltbullken
05-30-2017, 04:03 PM
John Horgan pretty much made like he was the friend of resident hunters so let's see how far that goes...

358mag
05-30-2017, 04:19 PM
That won't surprise me at all , if you want to hunt any thing you have to take the meat but no hide or head for all game .

That is for sure unless you just happen to have that very special "card" ..

thebigrig
05-30-2017, 06:18 PM
so If we find out later this week that the greens align with the NDP to form government it sounds like both parties agree that they would try to ban grizzly hunting.. how real of a possibility is this?

From the NDP platform- yes they will ban

Banning the grizzly trophy hunt
British Columbia is one of the few places on earth where grizzlies stillthrive. Recreational viewing of grizzlies generates signi cant economicactivity and good jobs on the coast and in the interior.
The vast majority of British Columbians believe it is wrong for these rareand threatened creatures to be shot for trophies.
It’s not just wrong, it’s bad for the economy. The trophy hunting of grizzlybears delivers fewer jobs than wildlife viewing operations, and is opposedby most hunters.

› We will ban the grizzly bear trophy hunt.

› We will make permits for other kinds of hunting more fair for BC
residents.

Fisher-Dude
05-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Please calm down, your giving me a heart attack:razz:

Do what I do. It's easy. Speeds up reading a thread, too!

This message is hidden because Jelvis is on your ignore list.

Jelvis
05-31-2017, 07:08 AM
I get ignored by my partner too and everyone else lol, no big deal.
Sometimes I enjoy being ignored.
-- Roddy told me enjoy being ignored, "the Body" get's so much attention he needs to take refuge in the house, or wear loose bulky clothes so people don't follow him around seriously.
-- so no need to brag or complain about putting jeldo on your ignore list.
-- and how do you know what I'm saying if you arn't readin them?
Jello Hello -- Smoke got in your eyes lol --

Ltbullken
05-31-2017, 08:54 AM
The NDP-Green 'deal' doesn't state that they will end the griz hunt. Hopefully, they stick to the policy priorities outlined in the deal and not get into skirmishes on side issues, this being one. *fingers crossed*

j270wsm
05-31-2017, 02:00 PM
Ndp said they plan on banning trophy hunting of grizzly bears. They already shut down grizzly hunting once so why do people think they aren't going to shut it down this time?? Do all you ndp supporters think they are going to allow us to hunt grizzlies???? If they do, meat retention will be mandatory and we won't be allowed to keep the hide, skull or claws. What happens after that?? No keeping antlers/horns and capes??

Yes the liberals screwed us but i don't wallmart does have enough ky jelly for me to support the ndp. I wish there was a conservative to vote for this election.

HappyJack
05-31-2017, 02:19 PM
Ndp said they plan on banning trophy hunting of grizzly bears. They already shut down grizzly hunting once so why do people think they aren't going to shut it down this time?? Do all you ndp supporters think they are going to allow us to hunt grizzlies???? If they do, meat retention will be mandatory and we won't be allowed to keep the hide, skull or claws. What happens after that?? No keeping antlers/horns and capes??

Yes the liberals screwed us but i don't wallmart does have enough ky jelly for me to support the ndp. I wish there was a conservative to vote for this election.

I can't see that happening [in bold], the average joe doesn't want hunters wasting parts of the animals we hunt, so leaving the hide etc in the bush probably won't be something to get all worried about. It still amazes me that the Liberals all but shut down black bear hunting on Haida Gwaii and there wasn't a big stink raised over that.

KodiakHntr
05-31-2017, 03:39 PM
I can't see that happening [in bold], the average joe doesn't want hunters wasting parts of the animals we hunt, so leaving the hide etc in the bush probably won't be something to get all worried about. It still amazes me that the Liberals all but shut down black bear hunting on Haida Gwaii and there wasn't a big stink raised over that.

I often wonder how people can be willfully ignorant of things simply because they don't want it to be true. The NDP have specifically stated that they will end the "trophy hunt", but will allow people to hunt bears for meat only. The party leader has specifically stated that the only hunt he will allow will be a meat hunt, where the hide, skull, and claws will be left in the forest.

srupp
05-31-2017, 03:51 PM
The ones who VOTED NDP or green will reap the grief of their policies..including shutting down grizzly hunting..
Shutting down kinder Morgan
Shutting down hydro project..monies for litigation and confrontation..

Unbelievable.

Squire
05-31-2017, 03:53 PM
I often wonder how people can be willfully ignorant of things simply because they don't want it to be true. The NDP have specifically stated that they will end the "trophy hunt", but will allow people to hunt bears for meat only. The party leader has specifically stated that the only hunt he will allow will be a meat hunt, where the hide, skull, and claws will be left in the forest.

Amnesia and denial are prerequisites for NDP support.

Jelvis
05-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Not shutting down Kinder-Morgan are you silly willy, Kinder-Morgan is a done deal, Indians on board, Justin on board, C, C on board, oil barons on board, The Don on board.
-- I'm only sayin my bro gettin a cheque from his band from Kinder-Morgan already friend, Kamloops has Kinder-Morgan written all over it. Machinery moving in on rails already so don't start that silly rumor.
Jelly More Gun -- his band got 33 mil already from Kinder so it's non-refundable non taxable.
He does not have to claim his 50 thou it's not from employment enjoyment it's a dealy mcweely
no tax what so ever or I'm Charly Brown :grin: -- he's buyin this weekend or I ain't hangin
--You got the money honey I got the time -- Roddy will be there and my bro get's the spill over.

ACB
05-31-2017, 04:42 PM
The ones who VOTED NDP or green will reap the grief of their policies..including shutting down grizzly hunting..

Unbelievable.
2x on unbelievable! Everybody forgets why the NDP got totally annihilated in the late 1990's, what were they down to 3 or 4 seats in the legislation when Glen Clarke got the boot and Campbell took over? Now they'v wormed their way back up to 41 seats, man, people have poor memories. With Glen Clarke and the NDP B.C. was sucking the hind tit while the rest of Canada was prospering and were still paying for those EFFING Fast Cats. Are future premier was part of that fiasco, and he has stated that he is so proud of his service in the NDP govt. back then. Man do we have something to look forward too! In 4 years you won't be able to find anybody that voted for them!

HighCountryBC
05-31-2017, 04:43 PM

How do you suppose a compulsory inspection will go with the required parts left in the bush?

Iltasyuko
05-31-2017, 04:52 PM
How do you suppose a compulsory inspection will go with the required parts left in the bush?

Simple. Rather than left in the bush the parts are left at the CI site for disposal after inspection.

Jelvis
05-31-2017, 04:57 PM
N.D.P. N.o D.am Parts ------- No Disecting Parts -- No Doing Pleasure -- only sus ten ants
Meat and only meat no four point or big full curl Dalls or Cali's.
LEH will be suited for meat only, example below
a. leh antlerless blacktail, mules and whites
b. only leh for up to three pointers bucks
c. only three Cali rams for Kamloop$ lake leh cuz it makes mega denaro and the sheep r from Cali
d. shiras moose kiss thy arse good bye -- on extinction list
e. every animal in bc will be reavaluaated by emotions and illogical stinkin thinkin
f. caribou boo hoo bye bye
g. grizz alreaddy gone
h. sheep like fannin or dalls bye bye
i. no trophy hunting period, the rich can now buy meat at a quality Save-ON for two for 1
Garlic sausage huge ones 2 for 7 bucks, i mean dollars. How could yah beat that meat?
j. no need to go on you get the drift
k. birds alao, ducks - pheasant no way
l. you voted green or no down payment to get rid of Christy and now your facing the bleeding hearts . animal worsippers
Jel -- K.I.S.S keep it simple stooopid.

Whonnock Boy
05-31-2017, 05:08 PM
I gotta laugh. It's quite apparent that enough people in this Province had had enough of the BC Liberals, so many in fact, that they are no longer in power, albeit by a very slim margin. Even the popular vote was within 1600 votes. 1600 out of 1.5 million! That's almost unbelievable.

Now here's the things that makes me laugh. There are numerous people here that are, in a round about way, insulting those that voted for the NDP or Greens. I'll admit it, I flipped my vote to the NDP. But here's the thing, I was done, and the ultimate way to show government I no longer had confidence in them, and voted for someone else, yet many here were willing to continue on getting bent over. And with getting bent over, most sat and took it while never putting pen to paper, or making an appointment with their MLA. You just sat there and complained, and continue to do the same thing expecting different results. That.... is funny.

As fishermen and hunters, we have a fantastic opportunity here. We have 3 parties that we KNOW want our votes at the next election. Every single vote will count, and that was proven in this most recent election. Sit and do nothing wondering what will happen, or get out there and advocate at your game club, speak with your MLA, write your MLA, write the party leaders, and lobby for what is important to you and important to us, and MAKE IT HAPPEN. Don't sit there waiting for someone else to do it for you....

northof49
05-31-2017, 05:37 PM

Unbelievable.

Yup......how soon people forget, or never understood.

Surrey Boy
05-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Amnesia and denial are prerequisites for NDP support.

Not really. Just a prefence for handouts over earned money.

Iron Glove
05-31-2017, 06:51 PM

Much of my life I've voted NDP Provincially.
Never taken a handout, earned a whole lotta money in the business world.
Methinks you generalize way too much. ;-)

Whonnock Boy
05-31-2017, 06:54 PM
Wasn't it you that said you are sending your children to a catholic school, a school that is essentially subsidized by the parishioners of the church?

Surrey Boy
05-31-2017, 06:59 PM
Much of my life I've voted NDP Provincially.
Never taken a handout, earned a whole lotta money in the business world.
Methinks you generalize way too much. ;-)

At least you understood it's a generalization rather than a universalization.

Surrey Boy
05-31-2017, 07:03 PM
Wasn't it you that said you are sending your children to a catholic school, a school that is essentially subsidized by the parishioners of the church?

No.

I'd like to send my kids to a boarding school in Siberia where they won't become metrosexual pu$$!$.

Most independent schools are funded by tuition more than donations.

The thing about donation, rather than taxation, is that it's an informed decision by a consenting adult.

IslandWanderer
05-31-2017, 07:08 PM
Meat retention rules are good, right?

Whonnock Boy
05-31-2017, 07:12 PM
Must of had you mixed up with Wally Man.

No.

Onesock
05-31-2017, 07:42 PM
How are the NDP gonna pay for higher minimum wages, bridge toll loss of funding, loss of jobs from pipelines and other construction jobs they ar trying to chop. Let alone teacher and union raise? I tell you how....they are going into the taxpayers pockets!! So those that voted for the NDP ( no damn progress)better get their check books out!!!!

Iron Glove
05-31-2017, 07:49 PM
At least you understood it's a generalization rather than a universalization.

The vast majority of the folks I grew up with in East Van ended up doing very, very well in life in spite of growing up, and in most cases continuing on as NDP supporters.
Over my lengthy life, both personal and professional I've had the opportunity to learn from, socialize, work with .... with politicos of all stripes including names such as Rolston, Williams, Gaglardi, Gibson, Clark and many others. I'd say that your comment is more of a gross misrepresentation than a generalization.
But, whatever.

Ohwildwon
05-31-2017, 07:54 PM
I gotta laugh. It's quite apparent that enough people in this Province had had enough of the BC Liberals, so many in fact, that they are no longer in power, albeit by a very slim margin. Even the popular vote was within 1600 votes. 1600 out of 1.5 million! That's almost unbelievable.

Now here's the things that makes me laugh. There are numerous people here that are, in a round about way, insulting those that voted for the NDP or Greens. I'll admit it, I flipped my vote to the NDP. But here's the thing, I was done, and the ultimate way to show government I no longer had confidence in them, and voted for someone else, yet many here were willing to continue on getting bent over. And with getting bent over, most sat and took it while never putting pen to paper, or making an appointment with their MLA. You just sat there and complained, and continue to do the same thing expecting different results. That.... is funny.

As fishermen and hunters, we have a fantastic opportunity here. We have 3 parties that we KNOW want our votes at the next election. Every single vote will count, and that was proven in this most recent election. Sit and do nothing wondering what will happen, or get out there and advocate at your game club, speak with your MLA, write your MLA, write the party leaders, and lobby for what is important to you and important to us, and MAKE IT HAPPEN. Don't sit there waiting for someone else to do it for you....

Well said!

Lots of healthy passionate opinions all over this forum, great to see...8)

Perhaps a formal petition, focused on science based conservation, towards the G bear is in order?

Along with the consequence of the surrounding animals that it hunts?

100,000 hunters along with their families, your approaching 1 million voters..

We as a group, need to homogenize our goal of what is so important, for the future of our wildlife...

Surrey Boy
05-31-2017, 08:06 PM

Rules are bad. Freedom is good.

Rules are necessary because people are bad, but rules are interpreted and enforced by people. Every adjustment amplifies inherent flaws.

Better people need fewer rules. Fewer rules mean less negligence and corruption. If it's not a real problem, don't correct it.

It's like bent steel - you can hammer it straight, but it actually becomes weaker. The more you work it, the worse it actually is.

Cordillera
05-31-2017, 08:18 PM
The various campaign promises have lots of wiggle room in them so until the regulations are drafted it's hard to say exactly what will happen. However I agree that the general public wanted people to harvest animals to eat but would not want the hide or anything useful wasted. So my money is on a regulation forcing utilization of all edible parts and silence on the issue of hides. If that is how this lands, there would be a silver lining as it would end the debate about bear hunting in the general public mind. The promise could very well have been a total ban on g bear hunt instead.

Fisher-Dude
05-31-2017, 08:22 PM

What good is it to a dead bear?

It means absolutely nothing to the scientific management of the species, which is all that matters. Game managers count dead (and live) bears to make informed decisions about our hunt. It has nothing to do whatsoever with whether the meat is eaten by us or ravens.

Horgan has no legal mandate from the voters to govern this province or change any Wildlife Act laws or anything else. The NDP just lost its 5th straight election.

Darksith
05-31-2017, 08:29 PM
Horgan has no legal mandate from the voters to govern this province. The NDP just lost its 5th straight election.

unfortunately for you thats simply not true...

Sitkaspruce
05-31-2017, 08:44 PM
2x on unbelievable! Everybody forgets why the NDP got totally annihilated in the late 1990's, what were they down to 3 or 4 seats in the legislation when Glen Clarke got the boot and Campbell took over? Now they'v wormed their way back up to 41 seats, man, people have poor memories (The young, misinformed and LM and VI lead in this group, most of the heartland of BC voted liberals).

I gotta laugh. It's quite apparent that enough (Lower mainland and VI with a smattering of WK and NWBC) people in this Province had had enough of the BC Liberals, so many in fact, that they are no longer in power, albeit by a very slim margin. Even the popular vote was within 1600 votes. 1600 out of 1.5 million! That's almost unbelievable.....

Except that is was all the LM who voted for the NDGreens..........and we wonder why........

Thanks to the LM and VI, the rest of the province will be screwed over royally....where the actual funding comes from that pays for all those schools, hospitals and super 6-8 lane highways that those same LM and VI's enjoy.

And now we will get $10 day care (another benefit for those same LM's and VI's), free bridges (another benefit for those who live in the LM), no pipelines (another benefit for those who live on the south coast), $15 min wage and no "trophy" grizzly hunt (which again, is the will of those who live in the biggest clear cut in the province)....anybody see a theme here???

I could never vote for any leader who did not even have the decency to visit the Peace (or 60% of the province for that matter). Weaver never had a candidate up here and never left the LM and VI. Whoregan had two candidates up here Peace, but only came as close as PG for one day and spent the rest of his election time sleeping with those who drink his pixie dust, unicorn and sunny days Kool Aid promising things that will cost the rest of the province for years to come.....

I wonder where all the money is going to come from to pay for all these promises......?

Sad day for BC and the only hope is that people will see the truth through the rainbows and come to their senses.....

Cheers

SS

HappyJack
05-31-2017, 08:52 PM

WOW~~the smartest thing I've read about the current political situation in BC for a long time. Kudos to you!!

Frosty
05-31-2017, 09:06 PM
Well said!

Lots of healthy passionate opinions all over this forum, great to see...8)

Perhaps a formal petition, focused on science based conservation, towards the G bear is in order?

Along with the consequence of the surrounding animals that it hunts?

100,000 hunters along with their families, your approaching 1 million voters..

We as a group, need to homogenize our goal of what is so important, for the future of our wildlife...

A well known group like BCWF can't drum up good numbers for a petition that helps all wildlife in BC.....

Ohwildwon
05-31-2017, 09:33 PM
A well known group like BCWF can't drum up good numbers for a petition that helps all wildlife in BC.....

I agree, doesn't mean U don't keep trying...

Every, thing, is just a moment in time...

Believe, in evolution, with no form..;-)

Jelvis
05-31-2017, 09:35 PM
The Grizzz? This is going to be an ice breaker, which way the Grizz goes? If
a. the grizz hunt stays the same as iz
b. the regs are changed but still allowed to hunt
c. the bear get's shot down completely excuse the pun.
--- Whatever happens here, and seeing who comes out for and against will determine the outcome.
-- Then if it goes south for the Grizz hunters, the rest of the endangered ani mules will be too.
jello -- you wanted Christy the woman out and she 's still there hangin on from the top.
The greens and No Down Payment who thrive on social matters and concerns, will listen to every animal worshipper from tella hassy to tim buck two point only, or or your fired!

srupp
05-31-2017, 09:40 PM
WOW~~the smartest thing I've read about the current political situation in BC for a long time. Kudos to you!!

Give it 6 months you will no longer be Happy...Jack..

Lol you peed in the pool..you go swim..
Sheesh..
Steven

scoutlt1
05-31-2017, 09:41 PM
I'll post my reply on this thread too.....why not. :)

Once Weaver and Horgan put all their policies into place, I'm going to deposit everything except the edible portions of my dream grizzly on their respective lawns.

All I need to do is figure out where to leave the mouth, and where to leave the a**hole.

Fisher-Dude
05-31-2017, 09:44 PM
Except that is was all the LM who voted for the NDGreens..........and we wonder why........

Thanks to the LM and VI, the rest of the province will be screwed over royally....where the actual funding comes from that pays for all those schools, hospitals and super 6-8 lane highways that those same LM and VI's enjoy.

And now we will get $10 day care (another benefit for those same LM's and VI's), free bridges (another benefit for those who live in the LM), no pipelines (another benefit for those who live on the south coast), $15 min wage and no "trophy" grizzly hunt (which again, is the will of those who live in the biggest clear cut in the province)....anybody see a theme here???

I could never vote for any leader who did not even have the decency to visit the Peace (or 60% of the province for that matter). Weaver never had a candidate up here and never left the LM and VI. Whoregan had two candidates up here Peace, but only came as close as PG for one day and spent the rest of his election time sleeping with those who drink his pixie dust, unicorn and sunny days Kool Aid promising things that will cost the rest of the province for years to come.....

I wonder where all the money is going to come from to pay for all these promises......?

Sad day for BC and the only hope is that people will see the truth through the rainbows and come to their senses.....

Cheers

SS

You're exactly spot on, Ken.

The LML latte-sippers are clearly quite clueless about the economics of this province. They just want someone else to pay for their snot-nosed brats while they're at Starbucks.

And hunting? We're focked. Get ready to watch all animals with forward-facing eyes closed down ASAP, with massive allocations of ungulates to FN buddies that voted NDP, at RHs' expense.

Jelvis
05-31-2017, 09:50 PM
You woodn't leave the skull on his lawn if it was a record setting circumference wood you?
New record skull found on Politicians lawn, biggest skull from the Kleena Klina.
-- because the politician did not shoot the Grizz he will be allowed to claim it and iz now the newww
Record setter for a Grizz skull ever.
Hunter who shot animule has been charged folks for leaving entrails on a city lot -- BAM!
Jelly -- Breaking News -- hunter located and charged by grizzly parts.

IslandWanderer
05-31-2017, 09:58 PM
What good is it to a dead bear?

It means absolutely nothing to the scientific management of the species, which is all that matters. Game managers count dead (and live) bears to make informed decisions about our hunt. It has nothing to do whatsoever with whether the meat is eaten by us or ravens.

Horgan has no legal mandate from the voters to govern this province or change any Wildlife Act laws or anything else. The NDP just lost its 5th straight election.

Interesting point actually. It's like if I shoot a deer and bone it out in the bush. Various critters clean up the scraps so nothing gets 'wasted'. The whole animal eventually gets utilized in one way or the other. Food for thought.

Drillbit
05-31-2017, 10:06 PM

Doubt it.

Pay the guide and you'll get to keep it all, is my bet.

HighCountryBC
05-31-2017, 10:08 PM
Simple. Rather than left in the bush the parts are left at the CI site for disposal after inspection.

And that serves what purpose?

Should we be doing this for deer, elk, moose, sheep, goats etc.? Some people don't think things out very well.

caddisguy
05-31-2017, 10:12 PM
And that serves what purpose?

Should we be doing this for deer, elk, moose, sheep, goats etc.? Some people don't think things out very well.

Making sure you did not take it and that your motive was meat only.

It's about appeasing voters baited in by emotional thinking as opposed to scientific​ thinking.

They promised to stick it to them "trophy hunters" as it made emotionally charged and appealing headlines... easy score, so they will take it... BUT...

I think the Liberals mistake with allocations caused a lot of hunters to protest-vote for "anything else" without realizing the alternatives were worse when it comes to conservation (let alone the economy) ... the allocation stuff could have played a role in the Liberals losing power... and with that in mind...

The NDP and Greens realize how close things really are and how much impact a unified hunting and conservation voice actually has. Conservation decisions based on emotion rather than science is a deal breaker for more conservationists than it is for feel-gooders. I think we have an opportunity here to actually be heard, as we are a tipping point when you look at the numbers. Liberals messed up on allocation, but stray from science to emotions and it will be unanimous for the Liberals again.

scoutlt1
05-31-2017, 10:13 PM
You woodn't leave the skull on his lawn if it was a record setting circumference wood you?
New record skull found on Politicians lawn, biggest skull from the Kleena Klina.
-- because the politician did not shoot the Grizz he will be allowed to claim it and iz now the newww
Record setter for a Grizz skull ever.
Hunter who shot animule has been charged folks for leaving entrails on a city lot -- BAM!
Jelly -- Breaking News -- hunter located and charged by grizzly parts.

As funn as it wood bee, it wil neverr happen Jelly. I can't even manidge a moolie dough draaaa. An I'll work on my sarkazm... ;)

Frosty
05-31-2017, 10:48 PM
I agree, doesn't mean U don't keep trying...

Every, thing, is just a moment in time...

Believe, in evolution, with no form..;-)

Oh I do believe it's possible, anything is possible, it just needs the right organization.......but its frustrating when BCWF wont even reply to threads on their own little area on huntingbc.

Nobody on here in any numbers look at the BCWF section, yet Steelco deletes any thread in the open section that relates to BCWF that could garner some views and good conversation from a good cross section of BC hunters.

We are being held back by our own on this huntingbc website...We need to get past that before anything further can happen.

tuner
05-31-2017, 11:29 PM
unfortunately for you thats simply not true...
You're right Darkshit,41>43.
How do people not know such simple math?

Iron Glove
06-01-2017, 06:37 AM
You're right Darkshit,41>43.
How do people not know such simple math?

But 41 + 3 > 43 , that's real simple math.
Like it or not, that's the way it works.

Fisher-Dude
06-01-2017, 10:02 AM
But 41 + 3 > 43 , that's real simple math.
Like it or not, that's the way it works.

Did Horgan get 3 extra NDP seats? Nope.

Horgan got fewer votes and fewer seats than the BCL. He does not have a mandate from the voters to govern nor pass laws.

Math is hard for NDPers and insurance salesmen. Ask your grandkids to show you how a calculator works.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/362276d020de40f5834d59883c54ea17/salesman-holding-calculator-screen-towards-couple-he7ydw.jpg

Whonnock Boy
06-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Whole lot of this going on right now. Question is, as hunters and fishermen, how do we take advantage?

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/7-year-old-boy-punches-twin-brother-in-the-nuts-after-losing-wrestling-match.jpg

HappyJack
06-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Did Horgan get 3 extra NDP seats? Nope.

Horgan got fewer votes and fewer seats than the BCL. He does not have a mandate from the voters to govern nor pass laws.

Math is hard for NDPers and insurance salesmen. Ask your grandkids to show you how a calculator works.

But Clarke is out numbered, so she doesn't have a mandate either.

Fisher-Dude
06-01-2017, 10:26 AM
But Clarke is out numbered, so she doesn't have a mandate either.

Do you know what a mandate is?

And who is "Clarke?" Are you talking about Gatehouse?

Iron Glove
06-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Like it or lump it FD but the math says "Bye Bye Chrissy."
Check out the Laws on how it works, if you need help with the big words let me know. :mrgreen:
Can you imagine an Insurance Salesman now being in charge of the Federal Conservatives, hope his math is better than mine. :wink:

HappyJack
06-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Do you know what a mandate is?

And who is "Clarke?" Are you talking about Gatehouse?

Did autocorrect spell it wrong?? Sorry if it confused you as I was referring to the corrupt leader of the current BC Liberals. ;-) Usually when we have elections there is very little question on who has the mandate to govern as the winning party usually has the preponderance of seats. This time the incumbents didn't retain a simple majority and they are outnumbered, so really nobody has a mandate to rule unless they partner us as we are seeing the dippers and greens doing.

Fisher-Dude
06-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Like it or lump it FD but the math says "Bye Bye Chrissy."
Check out the Laws on how it works, if you need help with the big words let me know. :mrgreen:
Can you imagine an Insurance Salesman now being in charge of the Federal Conservatives, hope his math is better than mine. :wink:

Did Horgan get more votes?

Did Horgan get more seats?

Math is really simple in elections.

The people of BC didn't give Horgan a mandate to govern.

Iron Glove
06-01-2017, 12:20 PM
Did Horgan get more votes?

Did Horgan get more seats?

Math is really simple in elections.

The people of BC didn't give Horgan a mandate to govern.

As per norm, you are missing the point, I'd expect better from a Bank Teller. :wink:
The math may not add up to you but the Law says "Bye by CC, hello Hoggie."
To bad, so sad, now ya' gotta live with it.
Don't fret too much though, it'll only get worse for you when the Liberals self destruct and split into a Right Wing Conservative cabal and a more Centrist one, splitting the Centre Right.
You were hoping for the destruction of the NDP, you missed that one by a mile or two.

Surrey Boy
06-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Oh I do believe it's possible, anything is possible, it just needs the right organization.......but its frustrating when BCWF wont even reply to threads on their own little area on huntingbc.

Nobody on here in any numbers look at the BCWF section, yet Steelco deletes any thread in the open section that relates to BCWF that could garner some views and good conversation from a good cross section of BC hunters.

We are being held back by our own on this huntingbc website...We need to get past that before anything further can happen.

Were you a Power Lineman?

HappyJack
06-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Unbelievable.

At least they might put a stop to big unions and corporations buying favor of our political leaders. Anyone want to wager the BC Liberals rack up record donations leading up to any legislation putting a stop to it being enacted??

Whonnock Boy
06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/b-c-liberals-deposit-close-to-1-million-in-corporate-donations-three-days-after-election

Nearly $1 million in contributions were deposited into the B.C. Liberal party’s bank account just three days after the May 9 election, reinforcing the perception that this province is the wild west when it comes to its unfettered political donations.
The most recent donors are the who’s who of corporate B.C. with real-estate developers leading the way followed by construction and forestry companies, big oil, big banks and big law firms.
And, amid a slew of $25,000 donations, there’s one from an unnumbered company. A corporate search turned up no information on the B.C.-registered company, not even a mailing address.
No doubt, Liberals are anxious to restock their campaign war chest before the new government rewrites legislation governing both contributions and campaign spending.
Campaign financing reform was one of the non-negotiable demands of the B.C. Green party, which holds the balance of power and has agreed to support a minority New Democratic Party government.

The other reason is that a government with a one-seat majority is at daily risk of toppling, despite the brave words from John Horgan and Andrew Weaver that their alliance is intended to last 4½ years.
It’s unlikely that the Liberals’ bank account was empty post election. By the end of 2016, it had already raised $7.6 million – more than enough even with B.C’s unusually high spending limit of $4.9 million. Of course, individual candidates are also allowed to spend up to $77,675.
Still, it’s clear from the Liberals online donor disclosures (https://www.bcliberals.com/realtime-disclosure/) that in the past month Christy Clark’s party has been doing what it does best – raising money.
May 12 was a bountiful day for the bank account, according to the Liberals’ disclosure for the week ending May 19. Just over $900,000 from 437 donors was deposited. Of those, 84 donors gave more than $1,000.
Seven of the 10 largest donations came from developers, led by Richmond’s Rick Ilich at $100,000. Norman Cressey gave $75,000 in $25,000 increments through three numbered companies, while Wesgroup Properties (owned by the Weesik family) also donated $75,000.
Maple Ridge Plaza Properties gave $50,000 and three other developers donated $25,000 each – BlueSky Properties, Bosa Properties and Reliance Properties. Shato Holdings gave $20,000.
Other notable donors are: law firms Fasken, Martineau, DuMoulin LLP and Farris, Vaughn, Wills and Murphy LLP, Seaspan, Neptune Terminals, Toronto-Dominion Bank, CIBC Head Office, Chevron Canada, Encana, Enbridge, Canadian Pacific Railways, Buron Healthcare (which runs care homes in partnership with Interior Health) and the B.C. Professional Fire Fighters Association.
The following week, there were more deposits – 856 in all. Most were under $100, which added up to roughly $60,000. The exception was a $5,000 donation from A&W Canada CEO Paul F.B. Hollands.
It’s not clear whether these reported donations were made before or after the election. Party spokesman Emile Scheffel said contributions are only recorded by deposit date.
He noted in an email, “All contributions we receive of more than $250 are reported to Elections B.C. as part of our Annual Financial Report and, if applicable, our Election Financing Report, which covers contributions deposited during the writ period up to and including May 9.”
Aside from that reporting requirement, there is no rule about how much can be raised either during a campaign or between campaigns.
While the Liberals voluntarily disclose their donations online, the other parties don’t. So, we’ll have to wait to see how they fared in the money sweepstakes.
Still, what we do know is that as soon as the NDP forms government, it will likely put at least as much energy into ending 16 years of the Liberals’ pay-for-play system and reforming the election spending laws as it does raising money.
Exactly how they’ll do that hasn’t been determined. But it will be one of the first issues that the Green-backed New Democrats will tackle.
Meantime, it bears pointing out that for a political party to deposit a million bucks a few days after an election is impressive at anytime and especially following a defeat. But in the coming weeks, there may be fertile ground for the Liberals to raise even more among the “free-enterprisers” who are deeply suspicious of “socialist” New Democrats, let alone tree-hugging Greens.
Those fears were likely stoked with the release of the NDP and Greens ambitious and sweeping alliance agreement that includes: doing everything possible to stop construction of Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline expansion; a review of both Site C dam and a Massey tunnel replacement; increasing the carbon tax; potentially raising the minimum wage; and adding new social programs including $10-a-day child care.
That potential for raising even more money may help explain why Christy Clark is in no hurry to hand over government. Her decision to recall the legislature and force the alliance to defeat the Liberals in the legislature buys the party more time for fundraising.
It may also buy Clark time. She’s a superb fundraiser, a skill that may keep the knives of disaffected Liberals sheathed at least for the short term.

At least they might put a stop to big unions and corporations buying favor of our political leaders. Anyone want to wager the BC Liberals rack up record donations leading up to any legislation putting a stop to it being enacted??

Whonnock Boy
06-01-2017, 06:04 PM
B.C. Liberals contributions of $1,000 or more in the week ending May 19
Amount Donor
100,000 Rick Ilich
75,000 Norman Cressey (through three numbered companies)
75,000 Wesgroup
50,000 Maple Ridge Plaza Properties
30,000 Burnco Rock Products
25,000 BlueSky Properties
25,000 Bosa Properties
25,000 Reliance Properties
25,000 318219 BC Ltd.
24,000 Fasken, Martineau, DuMoulin LLP
20,000 Laurmel Holdings Ltd
20,000 Shato Holdings
15,000 Progressive Waste Solutions Canada
15,000 Seaspan ULC
15,000 The Arrow Group of Companies
15,000 The Toronto-Dominion Bank
10,000 Pacific Customs Brokers Ltd
10,000 Quantum Properties
10,000 Landcor Data Corporation
10,000 Lake Excavating
10,000 James A Allard
10,000 In Re Capital Inc.
10,000 Farris Vaughan, Wills & Murphy
10,000 Chevron Canada Limited
10,000 Buron Healthcare Ltd.
10,000 BC Professional Fire Fighters Assoc
9,875 North Shore Studios Management Ltd
9,500 Horizon Construction Management Ltd
8,500 London Air Services Ltd
8,000 Intracorp Projects Ltd
7,500 Carrier Lumber
7,500 Joey Restaurant Group
5,000 BA Blacktop
5,000 Bayshore Healthcare
5,000 Berezan (Juniper) Entrerprises Ltd.
5,000 Burke Mountain Ltd Partnership
5,000 Canadian Pacific Railway
5,000 Canoe Forest Products
5,000 Cascade Aerospace Inc
5,000 Chalk Hill Investments Ltd.
5,000 CIBC Head Office
5,000 Downie Timber Ltd.
5,000 Encana Corp Ltd.
5,000 Gorman Brothers
5,000 Inwest Investments Ltd.
5,000 Kirmac Automotive Collision
5,000 Neptune Terminals
5,000 Pageant Holdings Ltd.
5,000 Persis Holdings Ltd.
5,000 Steve Evans
5,000 Triple E Ventures
5,000 Wesbild Holdings
4,000 Steelhead LNG
4,000 Harbour Air
4,000 Centra Construction Group
3,500 Barry Marsden
3,400 Wazuku Advisory Group
2,500 Progressive Holdings Ltd
2,500 Arin Industries Inc
2,500 Sharon E White Law Corp
2,000 Geoffrey Cowper
2,000 BC Fresh Vegetables Inc
1,800 William B. Fox
1,750 Boralex Inc
1,500 Yaletown Brewing Co.
1,150 Bobleeco Family Holdings Ltd.
1,150 Pencor Capital Corp
1,150 Blue Grass Holdings Ltd.
1,150 361036 BC Ltd
1,150 502178 BC Ltd
1,000 Portrait Homes
1,000 Randy F Bartsch
1,000 Nelson Management & Construction
1,000 Mounce Construction
1,000 Ingleton Enterprises
1,000 Herbert Menten
1,000 Gregory Carr
1,000 Grimco Holdings Ltd
1,000 George B Cross
1,000 Enbridge Pipeline
1,000 Carol M McPherson
1,000 Big Wood Investments Ltd.
1,000 Samath Holdings Ltd.
Total $859,075

Blainer
06-01-2017, 06:07 PM
That is a long list of employers. Does that not tell a story??

xcaribooer
06-01-2017, 06:20 PM
holy moly, I guess that shows you cannot buy an election win

Pinewood
06-01-2017, 09:38 PM
You're exactly spot on, Ken.

The LML latte-sippers are clearly quite clueless about the economics of this province. They just want someone else to pay for their snot-nosed brats while they're at Starbucks.

And hunting? We're focked. Get ready to watch all animals with forward-facing eyes closed down ASAP, with massive allocations of ungulates to FN buddies that voted NDP, at RHs' expense.

Can you please enlighten us regarding the economics of the province? Where does the money come from if it isn't generated in the lower mainland?

358mag
06-01-2017, 10:03 PM
http://wpmedia.vancouversun.com/2017/02/0213-ndp50donor.jpg?quality=55&strip=all&w=640

Surrey Boy
06-01-2017, 10:24 PM
BC Firefighters sure give a lot of kickbacks to BC politicians. Much to be inferred from that.

srupp
06-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Hmmmmm Paramedics of BC....UNION..$71,700 ! Couldn't provide me with decent representation when I got hurt and was..still am dealing with Worksafe B.C...but 72 to liberals. .gulp..hard to swallow..

Steven Rupp

Bear Chaser
06-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Hmmmmm Paramedics of BC....UNION..$71,700 ! Couldn't provide me with decent representation when I got hurt and was..still am dealing with Worksafe B.C...but 72 to liberals. .gulp..hard to swallow..

Steven Rupp

That was to the NDP.
Sleep well.

srupp
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
That was to the NDP.
Sleep well.

Yes it was. .my mistake...typo..lol.
Steven

Jelvis
06-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Think about Kinder-Moregun lol -- wood a Union in BC who has pipeline employees, such as welders, truck drivers, machine operators on and on turn down Kinder-Morgan's miles and miles of good pipeline so far, no problems since the 60's, we hunt on it all the time for decades and cross it very time we go east of north thompson so why wood they vote agin a pipeline when they can make a deal on the pipe too.
--- Like I said, it's a done deal anyways, already everybody on the pipeline for sure, got payed already both bands so don't have a stroke yet ---
Jelly -- Bad Company -- Baby I gat what I want and babyyy I want PIPE -- N.icelee D.one P.ipeage
-- Poot dat in yer pipe and smoke it -- whad yha lookin at ? yer -- 8) -- :mrgreen: -- Rock Hard --

HappyJack
06-02-2017, 06:00 AM
Interesting that people's estates are donating to the ndp. I never noticed that on the liberals lists....but may have missed that.

Squire
06-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Interesting that people's estates are donating to the ndp. I never noticed that on the liberals lists....but may have missed that.

It's kind of an 'over my dead body' thing.;-)

Fisher-Dude
06-03-2017, 09:26 AM

I guess once you die, you don't really care if the economy tanks and the province becomes a deserted wasteland under the GreeNDPs.

Red_Mist
06-06-2017, 09:37 AM

This pretty much sums up the ignorance of the NDP. What Horgan describes is eliminating compulsory inspection , which provided data to the province for the management of grizzly bears. But hey no one's feelings will be hurt because it won't be a "trophy" hunt so thats great. Personally regardless of how they try to obstruct the hunt I'll continue to apply and hunt them. Make no mistake about it its anti hunting and anti resident hunting period.

Darksith
06-06-2017, 09:53 AM
lol, all this talk about math...maybe this post should get moved to the political section. My math says 41+3 > 43...theres the math. its not about a party, thats not what our system is about, its about a person or group having the support of MLA's. Whos got that majority right now...thats who is going to be boss, it has nothing to do with mandates or popular votes, its about MLA support. Its unfortunate that our legislature has become "tow the line or get booted", it didn't used to be like that and it shouldn't be like that. Whats good for one riding is not necessarily good for another riding and the MLA's should be voting for their constituents not the flag they are under.

Ltbullken
06-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Well fk 'em! Maybe the last griz I ever see...

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j381/LtBullKen/griz1_zpss9t4vfwa.jpg (http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/LtBullKen/media/griz1_zpss9t4vfwa.jpg.html)

Fisher-Dude
06-06-2017, 01:56 PM
lol, all this talk about math...maybe this post should get moved to the political section. My math says 41+3 > 43...theres the math. its not about a party, thats not what our system is about, its about a person or group having the support of MLA's. Whos got that majority right now...thats who is going to be boss, it has nothing to do with mandates or popular votes, its about MLA support. Its unfortunate that our legislature has become "tow the line or get booted", it didn't used to be like that and it shouldn't be like that. Whats good for one riding is not necessarily good for another riding and the MLA's should be voting for their constituents not the flag they are under.

It's too bad you don't hunt or have a job.

You might see things more logically if you did.

HappyJack
06-06-2017, 10:36 PM
I guess once you die, you don't really care if the economy tanks and the province becomes a deserted wasteland under the GreeNDPs.

I'd think any good capitalist would be looking forward to the investment opportunities?? Houses at two bits on the dollar, cars/trucks/boats at ten cents on the dollar. Shortly after the lovely liberals would get re-elected and then you could cash in. This has some potential if you look for it. ;-)

Fisher-Dude
06-07-2017, 08:44 AM
I'd think any good capitalist would be looking forward to the investment opportunities?? Houses at two bits on the dollar, cars/trucks/boats at ten cents on the dollar. Shortly after the lovely liberals would get re-elected and then you could cash in. This has some potential if you look for it. ;-)

Capitalists build wealth through hard work and reinvestment. They understand that consumer confidence needs to be strong, not weak, in order to grow their businesses.

The "get rich quick" scheme you describe is reserved for lazy socialists who cash in on others' misfortune. Trudeau's doing that right now for his Laurentide Elite supporters.

But I don't expect an NDP supporter to get that part of Economics 101.

boxhitch
06-07-2017, 10:05 AM
Well fk 'em! Maybe the last griz I ever see...
Thats a good bear, attago
Wish I had taken more opps while I had them

The Hermit
06-07-2017, 10:27 AM
Capitalists build wealth through hard work and reinvestment. They understand that consumer confidence needs to be strong, not weak, in order to grow their businesses.

The "get rich quick" scheme you describe is reserved for lazy socialists who cash in on others' misfortune. Trudeau's doing that right now for his Laurentide Elite supporters.

BINGO but yeah wealthy people do both FD. I sure wish I'd bought three or four more houses in Greater Vancouver ten years ago! LOL

HappyJack
06-07-2017, 03:17 PM

LOL NDP supporters can't afford to take advantage of others misfortune, that is the ballywack of the wealthy, you know shareholders and CEOs.

Fisher-Dude
06-07-2017, 03:34 PM
BINGO but yeah wealthy people do both FD. I sure wish I'd bought three or four more houses in Greater Vancouver ten years ago! LOL

Not all wealthy people are capitalists.

Some are just socialists who are good at bilking people from their money. Look at David Suzuki, look at PE Trudeau whose family stole millions in taxpayers' money on the Petrofina deal, look at CBC actors.

Capitalists have a totally different outlook on how to earn money from the outlook of wealthy socialists.

Darksith
06-07-2017, 03:43 PM
It's too bad you don't hunt or have a job.

You might see things more logically if you did.

let me think about this for a second...I do hunt, and currently residents opportunities have decreased, spending on conservation has decreased, proper management of species like moose have not happened, moose numbers have declined drastically, no real game plan for anything non industry related so yeah, I do hunt and I voted in what I believe will be in the good of hunting and conservation.

I do have a job, well I am self employed anyway, and in the trades. In the interior of BC all we get are empty promises, and even if those promises did deliver, economically as a province they were basically set to fail. Hydro promised at below generating costs, taxes/royalties locked in for 25 years at basically nothing...as a taxpayer I wouldn't see any economic advantage. Even with those empty promises I still have operating costs that involve BC Hydro bills (skyrocketing), ICBC payments (skyrocketing) maybe one of the slowest winters in the history of me living in Kamloops in regards to trades people, and for that matter 2016 was complete crap all together, so yeah I don't believe it can get any worse than what the liberals claim vs what they actually deliver. A jet setting premiere, paying 7 figures for photographers, getting a top up salary from her party for bringing in bribes and influence that do nothing for me the little guy or even you for that matter. The funny thing is you have been convinced to vote against your own self interest. A good slap is what the liberals needed, too bad they really didn't get it, but for a guy like you FD this might actually be the best case scenario...a minority government that might wake the liberals up, but not decimate them, and it might not last a full term, and all we have to do on key issues that matter to our community here is turn 1 or 2 of the NDP people against a vote that would not bring their government down. Its almost perfect for right wing BCers but you can't even see it. Hopefully Christy runs off, the liberals smarted up, the NDP/Green fix things like big money and then we move on. Is it not better than an NDP majority, cause that almost happened too don't forget

Fisher-Dude
06-07-2017, 06:13 PM
NDP just lost their 5th election in a row.

Yeah, they're wonderful. They must just be misunderstood.

Kamloops needs a boost. My operations there suck wind compared to the others. And when Ajax is proposed, the GreeNDP oppose it and protest it. Yeah, vote them in, they'll help you in the trades in Kamloops. :roll:

tuner
06-07-2017, 06:17 PM
^^^ So you're a self employed tradesman and you voted for the NDP? Do you ever go on strike?

northof49
06-30-2017, 08:42 PM
Wont be long now until the GreeNDPs announce shut down the G-bear hunt.

IslandWanderer
06-30-2017, 08:53 PM
I'm okay with implementing meat retention rules. Berry fed grizz good, carrion fed grizz bad.

Well said, I agree completely.

firebird
07-01-2017, 04:19 AM
Watch how fast they blow that surplus money. They got a lot of cash to shut down more than Griz hunting. Start with griz something they can make a big deal about and keep on rolling down the line.

gcreek
07-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Maybe they will ban all hunting and keep everyone out of the bush. You ever think of that?

Darksith
07-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Maybe they will ban all hunting and keep everyone out of the bush. You ever think of that?
Seeing as how Weaver introduced the Right to Roam act, no I didn't think of that, lets not start walking into the deep end with extreme exaggerated unrealistic ideas from crazy town lol

bearvalley
07-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Seeing as how Weaver introduced the Right to Roam act, no I didn't think of that, lets not start walking into the deep end with extreme exaggerated unrealistic ideas from crazy town lol
The "Right to Roam Act" is an unrealistic creation straight out of crazy town.
There are good intentions in what it could achieve by ensuring public access to public land but the logistics of putting this act in place and still having any form of private property rights does not work.
Commie mentality at its finest.

VFX_man
07-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Nothing like playing politics with the scientific management of wildlife and its habitat....

Interesting concept that the State of Missouri had many many moons ago.

The voters passed a sales tax of 1/8 of 1% and that money would go to fund the Missouri Department of Conservation. A non-political entity that did not rely on the current flavor of political parties for their funding or management. What happened? The state's wildlife returned with a vengeance and they started exporting breed stock to other states since they had a surplus. Too many "cityfolk" do not get it and I bet today this would not pass.

Took the big BC loop up to the Yukon via the west side and back down the east side into the rockies and back to Vancouver last fall . . . wow, was surprised at the amount of critters we saw just along the highway.

Cheers, VFX

Darksith
07-05-2017, 01:55 PM
The "Right to Roam Act" is an unrealistic creation straight out of crazy town.
There are good intentions in what it could achieve by ensuring public access to public land but the logistics of putting this act in place and still having any form of private property rights does not work.
Commie mentality at its finest.
the logistics of it? Not really, if its privately owned then keep it private...but if its government leased land like a wood lot, ranged lease then it should be open access to everyone. I also believe if its private and you don't want people out you should be required to have it fenced. Why should cattle farmers that are leasing land from the public trust be able to keep the public out of it if they aren't disturbing the cattle, or the cattle are even on the property?

bearvalley
07-05-2017, 02:00 PM
the logistics of it? Not really, if its privately owned then keep it private...but if its government leased land like a wood lot, ranged lease then it should be open access to everyone. I also believe if its private and you don't want people out you should be required to have it fenced. Why should cattle farmers that are leasing land from the public trust be able to keep the public out of it if they aren't disturbing the cattle, or the cattle are even on the property?
You better read the proposed act.

Darksith
07-05-2017, 03:22 PM
You better read the proposed act.
oh don't get me wrong, I know its not written like that, but all I was saying is weaver is trying to open up the province not shut it down for access, so I am in doubt that he would allow hunting to get shut down in any sort of fashion, including the g bear hunt as long as we can get impartial scientists to say the numbers can sustain hunting

KodiakHntr
07-05-2017, 04:09 PM
... so I am in doubt that he would allow hunting to get shut down in any sort of fashion, including the g bear hunt as long as we can get impartial scientists to say the numbers can sustain hunting

I suggest that anyone who thinks Weaver isn't going to try to shut down the grizz hunt should do a simple read of his posts here. That might give you some insight into his mindset, and his stance on grizzly hunting.

Fisher-Dude
07-05-2017, 08:24 PM

Crown leases are paid for by the lessee, at great expense, to confer quiet enjoyment and ownership rights in exchange for payment.

The lessee also pays property tax on the lease as though it were fee simple land and not on the book value of the lease.

The lease is also paid on the assessed value of the land as though it were fee simple. The Assessment Act deems leases to be fee simple for appraisal purposes.

The reason it is so expensive is because the lease grants quiet enjoyment of that land and rights of occupation equivalent to fee simple land. The only rights not conferred are the ability to mortgage the land or sell it. Only the leasehold interest can be sold and only on the approval of the lessor (ie the Crown).

Interlopers like you do not belong on Crown leases because you have contributed nothing to that lease, and thus have purchased no right of use.

If you want those rights, go purchase a leasehold interest, pay an expensive lease fee, pay the property taxes, pay for the mandatory landholders' third party liability insurance, and pay to keep the land to the standard demanded by the Crown in the lease. Be prepared to spend large sums at the termination of the lease to remediate the land to pre-lease conditions as per the lease provisions, too.

Not quite as simple as simple people think it is, eh?

Darksith
07-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Crown leases are paid for by the lessee, at great expense, to confer quiet enjoyment and ownership rights in exchange for payment.

The lessee also pays property tax on the lease as though it were fee simple land and not on the book value of the lease.

The lease is also paid on the assessed value of the land as though it were fee simple. The Assessment Act deems leases to be fee simple for appraisal purposes.

The reason it is so expensive is because the lease grants quiet enjoyment of that land and rights of occupation equivalent to fee simple land. The only rights not conferred are the ability to mortgage the land or sell it. Only the leasehold interest can be sold and only on the approval of the lessor (ie the Crown).

Interlopers like you do not belong on Crown leases because you have contributed nothing to that lease, and thus have purchased no right of use.

If you want those rights, go purchase a leasehold interest, pay an expensive lease fee, pay the property taxes, pay for the mandatory landholders' third party liability insurance, and pay to keep the land to the standard demanded by the Crown in the lease. Be prepared to spend large sums at the termination of the lease to remediate the land to pre-lease conditions as per the lease provisions, too.

Not quite as simple as simple people think it is, eh?

you talk about a crown lease...Im talking about a range lease for cattle grazing

stan
07-06-2017, 01:04 PM
The simpleton here is the know it all , that has time to post 18,375 times on this site.

Bugle M In
07-06-2017, 02:22 PM
you talk about a crown lease...Im talking about a range lease for cattle grazing

I think you are talking about "grazing lease" as the right terminology.
Not to be confused with "grazing permit"
I am not a fan of grazing leases.
Because the holder of that lease can basically act like it is "private property".(meaning...you can not hunt on it without
permission)
IF it is to be private property...then the person should go and "buy some private property"(the rancher/leaser).
Now, if there were some guidelines, such as no ATV's or vehicles (as to not destroy the grazing grassland), and that
all who hunt on there have to "sign in" before hunting, so as to take "responsibility" to what happen on that area....
such as leaving garbage or anything like that...that atleast someone can be held liable.....I would be good with that.

I get the whole argument....I pay rent, so it's mine (like renting an office space from an owner of the building, you now
have the right to do what you want, and nooene else can move in there etc)

But, in this case, the land is "crown owned", which really means..IMO....it is owned by the people of BC.

If I am right, Douglas ranch has a lot of "grazing permits".....but...they also own a lot of "private land"....
which...IMO....is how it should have been all along in BC....buy it and own it.... or F'off.

Fisher-Dude
07-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Basket Weaver's bill doesn't make the distinction.

Grazing leases are only limited in public access when they are occupied by livestock, and even then, ranchers are generally more than happy to grant permission to responsible recreators who respect the land and act as eyes and ears for the rancher.

Crown leases confer ownership rights on the lessee, and should be respected as such.