PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, I would like to find out about a old rifle I inheirited.

chuckerb
05-27-2017, 08:06 PM
I received this old rifle from a old friend who has passed on a few years ago I believe it is a 303 but not sure. Some of the echoing on it is parkerhale 5.a , and the sight has this circle to look threw and on it it says mark VIII S.M.L.e also a crown on the rifle and B.S.A Co. 1918 SHT LE III star. also A.G Parker and Co.ltd Birminham, I have tried to put pics on here but can not figure how to do it, If some one can email me at chuckerb@telus.net I could send you the pics to put up. I live in Sooke on the Island. thx in advance Charles B. P.s I was told it had a lot done to it and I have never seen sights like this before. Sniper rifle? Also I would like to find out what it is worth ruffly or what I cold trade it for.

Brno22F
05-27-2017, 09:26 PM
A Parker Hale 5A is a target sight for Lee Enfields for competition target shooting. What you may have is a military target rifle.
Some really knowledgeable folks at both Milsurps.com or Canadiangunnutz in the Milsurp forum would be able to help you identify what you have.

BgBlkDg
05-27-2017, 11:36 PM
It is a Great War service rifle, shot my first Whitetail with one, 1917 vintage, in 1964.

The sight is a "volley sight" for massed, directed fire, see the British, at "Mons, 1914" for it's use.