PDA

View Full Version : Good News

dmaxtech
05-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Just found this, http://www.theprogress.com/local-news/chilliwack-sturgeon-fishing-guide-kicked-off-the-water-for-two-years/

So happy to see out CO's and Ministry standing up for fish and wildlife.

Ride Red
05-26-2017, 03:20 PM
It's a great start, but his time loss isn't long enough.

dmaxtech
05-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Agreed, it should be longer but maybe they will watch him after his time and get a conviction and charges here too.

mastercaster
05-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Getting bans and fines doesn't often stop poachers from cleaning up their act,,,especially frequent offenders who think the rules don't apply to them. Somehow I can't see them mending their evil ways. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they go to another province or territory to see what they can get away with there.

Fella
05-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Next time they catch him I hope they seize his boat, trailer, truck, rods, reels, guns, quads etc and then slap him with a hefty fine. That's what they should do to ALL poachers, make it expensive to poach! Then sell all seized equipment and use it to fund habitat restoration.

SPEYMAN
05-26-2017, 05:52 PM
What are the Federal Fisheries going to do? This individual can guide on the ocean as there is no license required. He and she should not be allowed to hunt or fish on any Provincial or Federal waters. Hunting and fishing are privileges that should not be allowed by those that do not treat it as such.

The Hermit
05-26-2017, 09:18 PM
next time they catch him i hope they seize his boat, trailer, truck, rods, reels, guns, quads etc and then slap him with a hefty fine. That's what they should do to all poachers, make it expensive to poach! Then sell all seized equipment and use it to fund habitat restoration.

yes yes yes!!!

longrifle
05-27-2017, 09:39 AM
What are the Federal Fisheries going to do? This individual can guide on the ocean as there is no license required. He and she should not be allowed to hunt or fish on any Provincial or Federal waters. Hunting and fishing are privileges that should not be allowed by those that do not treat it as such.

Yep, they will be fishing below the mission bridge for the next few years, or his wife will apply for a guiding license...unfortunate.

'rifle

Mr Conservation
05-27-2017, 09:52 PM
No doubt they are on the radar now and will be watched closely.

If they commit an offense, and are convicted, I would hope the judge imposes a very severe penalty and a lifetime guiding / hunting/ fishing prohibition.

Mr Conservation

dmaxtech
05-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Yep, they will be fishing below the mission bridge for the next few years, or his wife will apply for a guiding license...unfortunate.

'rifle
He's not even allowed to be a guide helper so I would think he can't be in a boat if there is fishing happening.

HappyJack
05-28-2017, 12:41 PM
I think they went a little too easy on them, these aren't people that made a 'one time' mistake.

SPEYMAN
05-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Tidal water does not have a guide license requirement. Tidal water requires a federal fishing license.