PDA

View Full Version : Guns Should Be Only For Cops

FlyingHigh
07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Here's a letter to the editor published in the local paper. Please write and email a response to the editor:

editor@abbynews.com
they request you include your name and address. Now for the article.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t42/Steeliestalker/gunsforcops.jpg

moose hunter
07-22-2007, 09:08 PM
WHAT THE ****, god damn tree hugging hippies im gonig to write a rant to the ****er, I would not even talk to my dad if it wasnt for going hunting.

Steeleco
07-22-2007, 09:15 PM
WHAT THE ****, god damn tree hugging hippies im gonig to write a rant to the ****er, I would not even talk to my dad if it wasnt for going hunting.

Hold the phone!! The last thing we need to look like is a bunch of belligerent idiots, it plays right into their line of thinking. A well worded, rational letter will go far better than the rantings of a perceived idiot!!

GrizGuy92
07-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Lol werd there Daniel.

moose hunter
07-22-2007, 09:23 PM
IM mad lol

ruger#1
07-22-2007, 09:26 PM
That was the only negative coment put in the paper after Whifeilds write up.

SUAFOYT
07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
That was the only negative coment put in the paper after Whifeilds write up.

I don't get the paper. But if most go true to form, you could have a hundred letters opposing this one and only one yet they would print this one in the name of "fair and balanced".

Steeleco
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Something like this.

I would like to respond to the letter sent by Tristian Hosier. While he feels that hunting is cruel and thoughtless act committed by people that are only looking to kill innocent animals, I would have to ask him where his last helping of meat came from? Unless he is stanch Vegan I find his comments hypocritical.

This gentleman obviously has no concept of what it is to hunt and take an animals life. It is not the blood sport he imagines, it can be a very spiritual event for some people. It is not something that most hunters I know take lightly. I would lastly like to ask just how much of his time and money has put forward in an effort to preserve the wildlife in BC, and throughout the world. Hunters worldwide do more to protect habitat and the creatures that live in it, than any other group, especially those who profess to care for animals and never lift a hand.

Good on his Pastor, he truly has a respect for all Gods creatures.

David Steele
Langley BC

ruger#1
07-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Hope you put this in the paper , It is positive.

Elkhound
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Good response David
This paper needs good solid positive responses from intelligent people, not just angry people ranting.

moose hunter
07-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Tis why6 i waited tro calm down before i sent one

FlyingHigh
07-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Way to go David! awesome letter. I hope you'll send it in. I agree that we don't need a bunch of angry belligerant people writing rants in. Let's be rational humans, not undeumacated rednecks. (though i know many of us are. :))

Steeleco
07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
OH it's sent alright!! I'm only a redneck on odd numbered days!!!
Lets see if it makes print?

Walksalot
07-23-2007, 06:28 AM
In response to the article entitled "Guns should be for police officers only"

While I respect your personal opinion on the subject of guns and hunting I must strongly disagree with your opinion.
Hunting is not just about killing an animal, hunting is much more. Hunting quenches a need to be a hunter/gatherer which stems from a deep rooted desire to provide for my family. Just like I grow a garden to provide vegetables for my family I also desire to hunt to provide meat to flavor the vegetables.
Do you enjoy see the animals running around, well you can thank me, the hunter. Why, because hunting provides a balance between predator and prey animals which avoids the peaks and valleys which happen in an uncontrolled environment. It is commonly called " A Responsible Wildlife Management Program". In an uncontrolled environment the prey animals build up and so do the predators. The numbers increase to such a high population that the predators basically eat themselves out of house and home. The prey animal population crashes as does the predator population. If the predators don't do the job then Mother Nature will do it with a vengeance. It may take many years for the prey population to build back up again.
On the years of a harsh winter, while you are sitting in your easy chair, do you give any thought to the wildlife? I sure do!! I remember one winter I packed food up the side of the mountain trying to do my bit to help the animals because the snow was so deep the animals were starving. I sure as hell wasn't doing it so I could kill them the next year I was doing it because they were starving to death.
Now lets talk about the ranchers and the impact it would have on them. How are they to protect their animals in the calving season when all the blood and after birth is like ringing the dinner bell for coyotes. Are you going to go out and chase the coyotes away from the calving areas? Somehow I don't think so.
I think we must think of the whole picture and not fixate on trying to take the human element out of the predator/prey interaction. Taking the guns out of the hands of law biding citizens is not the answer, target the bad guys.

Ciskman
07-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Ha! Why bother. We won't ever change these peoples minds. They are ignorant plain and simple. I spent 10 years in the Infantry and had these same types of arguments all the time regarding my job. It's frusturating and you won't get anywhere. Let the innocents write their letters and let us keep on hunting...

PS Why aren't they ever mad about fishing "innocent" fish?

mapguy
07-23-2007, 07:44 AM
when you make a comment like naive urban or suburbanites who only eat things that died naturally or were humanly put to sleep your just asking for combacks

Browningmirage
07-23-2007, 07:55 AM
this is making me smile...Some people are just plain ignorant and theres nothing we can do about it. for someone who wants peace and understanding, that tristian dude sure isnt subscribing to it himself

Oh and Ciskman, first of all i would like to thank you for your time serving the country, we should all be truly greatful for people like yourself who were willing to give it all up so that we can have what we have.

Oh and one other thing, they do complain about the poor fish, go to PETAs website, theres a link there.

Steeleco
07-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Ha! Why bother. We won't ever change these peoples minds.
Because if we don't bother there will be no hunting or fishing. I agree we're not going to change their minds, but the policy makers are listening to both sides and I feel like being a squeaky wheel!!!

kishman
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't get the paper. But if most go true to form, you could have a hundred letters opposing this one and only one yet they would print this one in the name of "fair and balanced".

The last thing you could accuse any local Abbotsford paper of is being "fair and balanced."

rollingrock
07-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Why bother? David sent a well written letter, but that won't change these people's minds a bit. I don't think that hunting as a culture in BC is dying. There're still a lot of people out there who either support hunting or at least don't oppose it.

reach
07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
If you run into someone like that, you could ask them where they live? And what used to live there before they built their house? Animals.

Even if they ARE a staunch Vegan, their vegetables are grown on farmland and transported by infrastructure that displaces (i.e. kills, in a much less humane way than hunting) wildlife.

Like it or not, ALL humans on this planet have an impact on wildlife.

Animals are going to die one way or another - either hard cruel deaths by starvation or being eaten alive by predators, or quick and humane by hunters. Take your pick.

There are lots of good arguments for hunting but unfortunately you're never going to convince somebody who KNOWS they're right. It's like trying to argue religion. There's just no point.

bsa30-06
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM
[quote=Ciskman;169161]Ha! Why bother. We won't ever change these peoples minds.

Simple because i would rather go down fighting for what i believe , then stand around doing nothing and watch them take away everything i enjoy.

David , nicely worded letter i hope they print it.

Dominic Cicuto
07-23-2007, 06:19 PM
[quote=Ciskman;169161]Ha! Why bother. We won't ever change these peoples minds.

Simple because i would rather go down fighting for what i believe , then stand around doing nothing and watch them take away everything i enjoy.

David , nicely worded letter i hope they print it.
Me and My Dad agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mwj
07-23-2007, 06:39 PM
send your pro hunting letter to your local mla and mp. they need to know that lots of their constituents are hunters. guaranteed the stack of anti-hunting letters on their desk is higher than pro-hunting letters

BlacktailStalker
07-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I wouldnt even worry about these issues. What, a week ago in big bold letters on the front page of the province, "Firearm licences and purchases encouraged" or something along that line. They hope for how many thousand people to start hunting? I really think the hippies are a minority when it comes to this issue. Let em rant.

FlyingHigh
07-24-2007, 06:14 PM
ALRIGHT!!!!!! Steelco's letter was printed!!!! Page A5 Abby News!

Steeleco
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Awe shucks :oops::oops: I wish I was a fly on the wall at Tristian house!!!

http://www.abbynews.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=38&cat=45&id=1031282&more=0

Dillybar
07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Great letter David

There is always more negatives being printed on us, good on Abby News to print this story in reply.

shoot miss shoot again
07-25-2007, 12:21 AM
i always go by the saying me grandpappy said "i should be personaly responsible for the deaths that nuture my life"

fuzzwilkens
07-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Good work on the letter David and good work everyone for staying calm and letting an intelligent well thought out letter get to the media and represent hunters and not ranting and making us look ignorant.

Derek_Erickson
07-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Good on you,

hunter1947
07-26-2007, 04:15 AM
Issues ,issues ,i wouldn't get my tail in a knot ,that's all they are is issues ,they will never do anything about it ,so i wouldn't worry about it.

Steeleco
07-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Issues ,issues ,i wouldn't get my tail in a knot ,that's all they are is issues ,they will never do anything about it ,so i wouldn't worry about it.

That's what some said when the NDP closed ALL Grizzly hunting, the only reason it's still allowed now was because of a change of government. If the NDP haven't F'd us around in so many other ways, you still be taking calling them names!!! :wink:

hunter1947
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
That's what some said when the NDP closed ALL Grizzly hunting, the only reason it's still allowed now was because of a change of government. If the NDP haven't F'd us around in so many other ways, you still be taking calling them names!!! :wink: There would be to much for them to loose this time around ,they are thinking revenue.

kennyg826
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Should be interesting what is in this weekends paper.Can't wait!