PDA

View Full Version : LEH hopes and dreams!

caddisguy
05-23-2017, 09:59 PM
I haven't seen much LEH discussion this year. I applied for my doe last week and caddisgirl applied for hers today.

We only applied for a doe last year... we both got it and put a weekend into it. We only keyed in on the does on last morning but no responsible shots (one was skylined and the other would have been a texas heart shot) so we went home empty handed.

This year we also applied for a shared moose hunt and made the mistake of doing a group elk hunt for a slim chance draw before realizing it would have been way better just to apply as individuals (group is only considered one applicant but might get more tags if there are leftover authorizations) but that's fine... not going to cancel/change it.

I called up my brother who just got his hunting license. I have been pestering him to apply for LEH before the system starts crashing (which started happening tonight with the site throwing SQL errors and acting laggy) as they are a few decades behind in infrastructure (autoscaling is the norm now) but fair warning to get in there soon as it will probably be unusable the last few days before the deadline ... he joined our shared moose hunt, applied as an individual for the cow elk and put in for the same doe draw. I suspect we'll get something and make a weekend or two of out it.

I never really bothered with moose or elk before since I have been so obsessed with chasing blacktails. I figure pushing my comfort zone and forcing myself to explore new places might do me some good too. I'll certainly reserve the first half of September and late October and the first few weeks of November to BT's.

It will be fun to hunt moose or elk a little bit or get a doe in the freezer. Nothing more I would rather do that let the blacktails be the exclusive cause of my insanity, but I think a little LEH will help me expand my horizons and learn a thing or two about other species and other areas... plus forces me into muley territory and I would like to think I am a formidable opponent of the muley :D

What is everyone elses LEH hopes and dreams? No need to be specific about which draws. What species are you hunting? How long are you camping out? Going with friends and family?

The Hermit
05-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Only put in for a Van Isl Rosie, as always... decades and still waiting...

caddisguy
05-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Only put in for a Van Isl Rosie, as always... decades and still waiting...

I have a feeling you might just get it this year and I'm crossing all sorts of digits. You deserve it. Anything else? Doe draw? (is there even one on VI? I haven't checked!)

Pinewood
05-23-2017, 10:09 PM
I put in for a Moose. I'm going to try for GOS Elk as well.

wideopenthrottle
05-23-2017, 10:10 PM
i put in for a roosie, mule doe, and shared moose...our same group as last year

Jelvis
05-23-2017, 10:11 PM
LEH is the best government run fun game going anywheres, what's more exciting to a hunter than LEH games hey Yah Heeeeee whoa! When the lottery starts rollin and tumblin the hunters are on edge, BAM!
Jelly -- BC LEH is what gamblins all about -- Pardner - Yah pays the bucks, yah takes yer chances

monasheemountainman
05-23-2017, 10:19 PM
I put in for everything and plan my fall accordingly. If nothing I'm pissed for 5 mins then realize I then get to plan whatever I want! It's a win win

srupp
05-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Hmm put in for shared moose, shared bison, Antler less mule deer, fall grizzly where there are an extra 150 g bears.., plus antler less elk late season, and my dream hunt..Spenses Bridge late bighorn sheep.. ... ...... ...... .....
Srupp

caddisguy
05-23-2017, 10:26 PM
I put in for everything and plan my fall accordingly. If nothing I'm pissed for 5 mins then realize I then get to plan whatever I want! It's a win win

Exactly! Worse case scenario, I'll take another bear, maybe take a few weekends off BT's for an "out of town" muley trip first half of October, then back to BT's. Maybe you will focus on muleys, whitetail, the elusive spike fork... who knows. The fall back for a guy living in BC and especially the Okanagan isn't so bad. We live in the best province ever... I talk to guys in Ontario who get a few short GOS seasons here and here and have to drive 10 hours up North to get a little bear. May your GOS plans be inconvenienced with a few LEH surprises :D

caddisguy
05-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Hmm put in for shared moose, shared bison, Antler less mule deer, fall grizzly where there are an extra 150 g bears.., plus antler less elk late season, and my dream hunt..Spenses Bridge late bighorn sheep.. ... ...... ...... .....
Srupp

Bison wow I haven't even considered it... committed to a 3 hour drive this year. One day though, one day.

I hope you get your dream hunt this year Steven.

gmachine19
05-23-2017, 10:35 PM
All i could think about is the Fall grizzly draw. I could care less if i get my moose, roosie or muley hahaha

Jelvis
05-23-2017, 10:41 PM
The more you put in the more you get out -- so if you put in lots, yer going hunting
Jelly LEH is the most exciting thing ever to happen -- it hurts so gooood - John Cougar

caddisguy
05-23-2017, 10:49 PM
The more you put in the more you get out -- so if you put in lots, yer going hunting
Jelly LEH is the most exciting thing ever to happen -- it hurts so gooood - John Cougar

Tell caddisguy like it is... testify!!

Ferenc
05-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Put in... again for one of the best.... 3-29 mountain sheep... even if I don't get it.. I wish you all the best to the one who gets it.

Jelvis
05-23-2017, 10:57 PM
What 3-29? There's some full curls what, totally full and a tip to top it off, un bah leave ah bull.
Anyone that get's that leh ram 3-29 fulllll curl and more whad?
Jelly if you can't Dodge it, yah full curl Ram it -- dammit someone what!

two-feet
05-24-2017, 06:28 AM
Moose, elk, sheep, mulie, goat. Work has perhaps put the skids to my anual moose hunt in the rut so I am expanding my horizons, hoping for the goat draw. May be planning a QCI trip as well.

Linksman313
05-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Put in for shared moose, group elk, mule doe and Granby sheep draw this year, here's hoping I can draw one, mmmmm-moose, it's been a few years!

ajr5406
05-24-2017, 07:37 AM
I put in for antlers mule deer, Elk and shared Moose. Moose numbers are way down in region 3 from the previous years, so its going to be slim chances. Ill be stoked to get an antlerless mule deer and not expecting much with the Elk or Moose draws.

Half the fun is the planning and research, looking at the odds, thinking up situations where you can have multiple species tags for a region, planning where to go, where to stay, what gear I need etc etc. Not getting drawn for anything means its still a donation to the system, which is still good.

Ride Red
05-24-2017, 08:53 AM
I've put in for everything as per usual, so only time will tell. I've missed 3 years of applying for bison since it's inception and still haven't been lucky. Maybe this will be my year finally. Good luck everyone.

BCHunterFSJ
05-24-2017, 09:48 AM
My dream LEH hunt has always been for a California bighorn...

MichelD
05-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Hoping for my third Vancouver Island Roosevelt elk LEH and as usual I apply mulie doe in 8 and moosie in 5.

Fisher-Dude
05-24-2017, 11:14 AM
LEH sucks.

We should get rid of LEH on all but the most intensively managed species (g-bear, some sheep, for example).

The key is to get populations to a level where LEH is unnecessary.

It was only to be used in the Harvest Management Strategy when populations were below sustainable thresholds. Unfortunately, it has been used in many instances on sustainable populations for which data is lacking. Managers have had to resort to overly conservative LEH harvest "just in case."

Hopefully, with the new funding model, we'll see some of this missing data gathered and the reversion of much LEH back to GOS, as it should be.

Lozzie
05-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Bison, Mule Doe, Moose, Archery Elk but the one I'm feeling good vibrations from is Bighorn sheep. Seems that new Browning hells canyon speed in 6.5 creedmoor wants to head up the mountain.

bighornbob
05-24-2017, 11:45 AM
My dream LEH hunt has always been for a California bighorn...

If its a dream I hope you are hunting them every year as there are lots of areas that you don't need an LEH to hunt California's.

BHB

bighornbob
05-24-2017, 11:47 AM
I did the regular shared moose, late season bison and elk. No fall sheep tag as I received the 6-29 sheep draw this spring so the LEH gods have already smiled on me:):)

BHB

Jelvis
05-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Whoever is the super duper lucky weener of the (Cali ram in Kammy Lake), bring a bucket of oats and a lassooo haha, hand feed the things up here, full curls, with a turned up tips.
I can't believe the Rams are open for LEH they roam around like their with lil bo peep.
Anyway who ever, your one fortunate lucky, hey buy a lottery ticket too lol.
Jelly Limited Entry Hunting is theee thing for total excitement -- if you hunt BC and don't get excited about LEH, look up to the sky and start weeping.

caddisguy
05-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Not sure why but hunting goats and sheep just don't excite me at all. I am sure they will one day as I evolve as a hunter, but for now I don't think I would drive the 3 hours out to Kamloops if the Kamloops Lake ram was a sure thing.

And for goats... I get the itch to apply every now and then but then the meat hunter in my tells I will burn more calories than there is in a goat just to get one... though I already do that with blacktails at home lol

Funny enough caddisgirl feels the same way. I wonder if anyone can tell us things about goat hunting or sheep hunting that will turn us around? Of course if someone can get me euthusiastic about sheep or goat hunting well be competing for tags lol

I would be interested in grizzly hunting if we had a significant local population and opening... same goes with Bison... bring on the Region 2 Bison !! :D

wideopenthrottle
05-24-2017, 02:00 PM
if you enjoy the challenge of tip toeing along dangerous terrain where downed game may "travel" 4 or 5 hundred yards or more after being shot you will love the action you get with those mountain critters....I really enjoyed the goat meat when I was in on a kill a few years ago and the hunt was a huge challenge but very rewarding...goats are bigger (more meat) than you expect...
also the coat on a mountain goat is amazing

caddisguy
05-24-2017, 04:20 PM
if you enjoy the challenge of tip toeing along dangerous terrain where downed game may "travel" 4 or 5 hundred yards or more after being shot you will love the action you get with those mountain critters....I really enjoyed the goat meat when I was in on a kill a few years ago and the hunt was a huge challenge but very rewarding...goats are bigger (more meat) than you expect...
also the coat on a mountain goat is amazing

I think I understand. I just watched a few goat hunt videos on YouTube... a co-worker also showed me a video and some pictures of goats they were seeing on a hike in the Chilcotin region.

Glassing from up high, wondering what's over the next mountain... seeing some goats way over on the next mountain and trying to close the distance... can turn into a heck of a stalk. I can see how that could be exciting.

I was looking at the 3-16 options as that is a little closer to home... not super close, but not bad. I am guessing the drive would be the short part of the commnute... hiking up into the mountains could take a while. It looks like steep country... saving that hour or two of driving probably results in several extra hours of pain. That said I have never had boots on the ground there so I don't really know what it would be like... just speculating.

Rob Chipman
05-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Moose, muley doe, a couple sheep options in region 3 (long shots) and goat in region 3 & 2.

FisherDude is right on this one - we should get to a point where LEH isn't needed. Right now it's a function of being one of the levers that they can pull. We need to change that.

charlie_horse
05-24-2017, 07:18 PM
I think I understand. I just watched a few goat hunt videos on YouTube... a co-worker also showed me a video and some pictures of goats they were seeing on a hike in the Chilcotin region.

Glassing from up high, wondering what's over the next mountain... seeing some goats way over on the next mountain and trying to close the distance... can turn into a heck of a stalk. I can see how that could be exciting.

I was looking at the 3-16 options as that is a little closer to home... not super close, but not bad. I am guessing the drive would be the short part of the commnute... hiking up into the mountains could take a while. It looks like steep country... saving that hour or two of driving probably results in several extra hours of pain. That said I have never had boots on the ground there so I don't really know what it would be like... just speculating.

3-16 is spectacular hunting for goats. Once you are up top it is unbelievably beautiful country and unforgiving and steep. Its worth putting in for those draws just to be in that country and there is fairly decent access to some of the draws.

BStrachan
05-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Put in for moose and Anterless blacktail. My hunting partner and I were going to put in for VI elk draw put decided not too. First time putting in for a LEH draw so I'm excited to see if I am one of the lucky ones!

Squamch
05-24-2017, 08:04 PM
I've got a new hunting partner due September 8th, so I only put in for island elk, with late season cow as a second choice. I feel as though a couple weeks out of town having fun, leaving my dear wife at home with a newborn would be ill advised. The wife will be taking the little guy back east for a visit in November, so I'm gonna hit blacktails and bears HARD while they're out of town.

palmer
05-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Put in for shared moose, group elk, mule doe and Granby sheep draw this year, here's hoping I can draw one, mmmmm-moose, it's been a few years!

If you get the sheep draw, look me up. I am more than happy to put you on a Cranker

khoffnbud
05-25-2017, 05:01 AM
I'd like to see my dad get his reg 3 goat draw. To help him get a goat is my dream hunt.

Linksman313
05-25-2017, 08:29 AM
If you get the sheep draw, look me up. I am more than happy to put you on a Cranker

Will do Palmer thanks, one of our buddies got the draw last year and cashed in, what a Ram!! Good luck with your draws as well.

Oh and congrats on the new addition to the family Squamch!!

Citori54
05-25-2017, 10:48 AM
VI elk, shared moose, caribou, sheep and mule doe (first time). Taking 3 months off this fall for hunting/relaxing and to see if I am ready for the permanent time off, aka retirement:p

RyoTHC
05-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Bison, Mule Doe, Moose, Archery Elk but the one I'm feeling good vibrations from is Bighorn sheep. Seems that new Browning hells canyon speed in 6.5 creedmoor wants to head up the mountain.

Amazing gun, I love mine... And it's exactly why I applied for the mountain sheep!

Dorarem
05-25-2017, 05:37 PM
When results will be out? August. ?

brownmancheng
05-25-2017, 08:44 PM
well after waiting until the last minute last year and not being able to enter my brother and I got a big jump on things... just submitted all my draws after a few attempts logging in.

monasheemountainman
05-25-2017, 09:12 PM
its not giving my buddy an option to apply...whats up?

ROY-alty33
05-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Typical entries
Moose
Bison
Kammy Sheep
Mulie Doe
And gonna try for a Grizz again, not sure how many more chances I might get

kebes
05-25-2017, 09:23 PM
When results will be out? August. ?

With the efficient new system I don't see any reason they're not out within a week of the closing date.... so with that in mind and the fact that it's a government contracted agency.... maybe July?

eric
05-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Kammy Sheep, one can hope, right
Muskwa Grizz
Muskwa Antlerless Elk
Bison..hopefully one day,after trying for 25 yrs

4 point
05-25-2017, 09:28 PM
As usual shared moose. Getting older so got to get lucky one of these years before time runs out.

markomoose
05-25-2017, 09:32 PM
Don't think about it till I pick up the mail.I like the unknown!

Jelvis
05-26-2017, 08:19 AM
Hi hunters I wood just like to say to the lucky hunter who gets cali ram near the lake here.
Please learn the proper caping b4 you go after the full curl here, you don't want to wreck the cape by improper cuts on the neck, cuz you will be mounting this bruiser.
Jel -- just sayin -- look up proper caping of a Cali Ram for a Trophy mount b4 slicing anything.

kebes
05-26-2017, 09:20 AM
Hi hunters I wood just like to say to the lucky hunter who gets cali ram near the lake here.
Please learn the proper caping b4 you go after the full curl here, you don't want to wreck the cape by improper cuts on the neck, cuz you will be mounting this bruiser.
Jel -- just sayin -- look up proper caping of a Cali Ram for a Trophy mount b4 slicing anything.

Thanks Jelly, I'll be sure to keep that in mind ;).

Linksman313
05-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Well my Dad and Brother finally joined in the group/shared for Elk and Moose just in time. Of course Dad couldn't remember his password and the system was super laggy last night (10pm the night before deadlines on draws lols I wonder why?) Good luck to all in your draws and happy hunting!

JohnS
05-26-2017, 01:58 PM
oh oh 10 hrs and its all done for another year !!! Good luck to all!

Cyrus
05-26-2017, 05:33 PM
I put in for the nil animal..get it every year

scotty30-06
05-26-2017, 06:02 PM
Put in for a bison this year with 2 other guys in a shared hunt....fingers crossed

Steelpulse
05-27-2017, 12:04 AM
I've drawn three times in the last 5 years, 47:1 interior moose, a 10:1 doe and I'm carrying a sept stone sheep tag 2:1, other than the moose there are some pretty good odd hunts available. I'm finally off my 3 years reduced odds on moose so put in with brother on shared moose also goats in 3, doe in 8 where Im exploring a new area, caribou and grizz in 6 where I'm already carrying a sheep tag, looking to combo up.

i dont bother with the Cali bighorns other than ewe I'd apply for that as a meat harvest would be cool hunt super easy ,id rather just hunt them Gos for then and go for a full or mature ram if I decided to give it a go

love the leh I'd say within 10 days, I don't recall last year taking a long time.

If no success still have sheep hunt and hunt Mulies, white tails, ducks, upland, predators, and apparently some elk in this new spot I'm trying so if I cross paths I'll have a tag, ya BC is amazing

caddisguy
05-27-2017, 12:17 AM
It's 12:17AM, May 27. Are the results out yet?

scotty30-06
05-27-2017, 01:36 AM
^^^^^lol dosnt even matter for you caddis....you still can't get blacktails outta your head ;p....jk... I have been watching bison hunt vids ever since my friends called me needing another guy for his shared hunt....now I can't stop thinking about it

BCHoyt
05-27-2017, 06:51 AM
Island elk as always, doe, and shared moose with my lovely wife since she is a new hunter now..

last light
05-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Elk, grizzly, moose, mountain goat, mountain sheep, and anterless mule deer. Will be happy with anything.

I applied for most draws during the week before Friday thinking there would be problems with the site on the 26th. Then I decided to add a couple more draws and help someone else with their draws and had no problem on the last day. Maybe the ministry upgraded the site to handle more people at one time?

uncledillers
05-27-2017, 10:43 AM
Island elk. Shared moose hunt with the wife, and a 3/4 curl sheep. If I get them all il need more time off and a way bigger freezer...what a nice problem that would be.

Mulehahn
05-27-2017, 11:45 AM
The ususl long odd dream hunts for me (rosie, sheep, region 3 bull moose) because it's a lottery. But I also added cow elk to help some family who had hay destroyed lsst couple of years and mulie doe to go with the property I recently acquired.

Jelvis
05-27-2017, 12:05 PM
I can't wait to see what all the chance takers get with the luck of the draw.
My buddy's Luck n Chance
We are going to dance when we win
Just imagine getting thee most perfect LEH tag going and everyone is green with env, what?
Man or woman will win thee big one!
It's un bah leave ah bull
Jello -- on Kamloops Lake shore line -- lookin mighty fine -- full curl with tips I did the flips

caddisguy
05-27-2017, 12:08 PM
^^^^^lol dosnt even matter for you caddis....you still can't get blacktails outta your head ;p....jk... I have been watching bison hunt vids ever since my friends called me needing another guy for his shared hunt....now I can't stop thinking about it

Lol very true. I too found myself on YouTube... not watching Bison vids but moose vids. I got my moose calling down with my vocals... but to be sure I will ask my neighbours if they heard a moose last night. Not sure I needed the practice... couple years back I realized if you get sick and heave on the side of an FSR, it will bring in a wicked bull.

Not only will I have a 3-13 bull moose, but we are going to have us an 8-04 elk. caddisgirl says we can fit one more freezer in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Dash
05-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Lol very true. I too found myself on YouTube... not watching Bison vids but moose vids. I got my moose calling down with my vocals... but to be sure I will ask my neighbours if they heard a moose last night. Not sure I needed the practice... couple years back I realized if you get sick and heave on the side of an FSR, it will bring in a wicked bull.

Hmmm... wish I didn't live in a basement suite..:roll:

But just antlerless mulie and moose for me. My second time doing an LEH.. First time was unsuccessful so I'll keep my fingers crossed this time :)

ducktoller
05-29-2017, 01:08 PM
In order of want

3-16 goat and i know this time exactly where to get them but now the road has a slide on it :(

Spences bridge sheep

312 moose october

211 antlerless

caddisguy
05-29-2017, 01:19 PM
Since the entry period is over, I'll give the specifics on mine lol

3-14 Antlerless
3-13 October Bull Moose
8-04 Nov 10-Dec 15 Antlerless Elk

604Stalker
05-29-2017, 04:31 PM
A moose draw we are shooting for 3-37 or 5-02 two very different but exciting hunts. Sure it would be nice to get a freezer full of moose

CraigOC
05-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Bull Moose in 7-11 for October and Island Elk in September. We'll hopefully be checking out Tatuk Lake for the Bull.

moosinaround
05-29-2017, 07:39 PM
I put in for

An Island bull elk

A cariboo doe

An Omineca moose

A Liard bison

No hope this year, as I got all 4 of my draws last year!
never cancelled one of them!!
Shitty hunter I am!!
Moosin

Ltbullken
05-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Any word on when the draw will be run?

S.W.A.T.
05-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Any word on when the draw will be run?

June 14th at 12:00

ajr5406
05-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Since the entry period is over, I'll give the specifics on mine lol

3-14 Antlerless
3-13 October Bull Moose
8-04 Nov 10-Dec 15 Antlerless Elk

Isn't 8-04 for Elk all private land? I put in my application for the late antlerless Elk in 8-04, but only realized after that it was all private (and I dont know any land owners)

wideopenthrottle
05-31-2017, 11:17 AM
try google earth....looks like lots of logged areas I would assume is crown

caddisguy
05-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Isn't 8-04 for Elk all private land? I put in my application for the late antlerless Elk in 8-04, but only realized after that it was all private (and I dont know any land owners)

Hmm where did you see that the draw was for all private land? I found another HBC thread from last year that says the same thing:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?132294-Region-8-Antlerless-elk-draw-help

8-04A is made up of parts of 8-04, 8-05 and 8-06 and looking at Google Earth appears to contain quite a bit of crown land.

I checked back and looked at the 2016/2017 LEH synopsis which says the 8-04A Antlerless Elk draw is restricted to private land.

In the 2017/2018 LEH synopsis, this does not appear to be the case. Maybe in 2016 they were just trying to get a feel for the population levels, as I believe this draw was only introduced in 2016. Now if last years odds were 125.4:1 when the hunt was only private land, I wonder what the odds will be this year if it includes crown land and has the same number of authorizations lol ... guessing it will be more like 1000:1, but that's ok, I am going to win.

You had me worried there for a sec... thought I had just made a $6 donation to general revenue.

Unless I am missing something, the draw is for anywhere in 8-04A, not just private... but worry not land owners... if caddisguy gets the draw, we can help out if you have a problem Anterless Elk frequenting your garden... simply PM date stamped trailcam photos and weight estimate

ajr5406
05-31-2017, 02:16 PM
Hmm where did you see that the draw was for all private land? I found another HBC thread from last year that says the same thing:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?132294-Region-8-Antlerless-elk-draw-help

8-04A is made up of parts of 8-04, 8-05 and 8-06 and looking at Google Earth appears to contain quite a bit of crown land.

I checked back and looked at the 2016/2017 LEH synopsis which says the 8-04A Antlerless Elk draw is restricted to private land.

In the 2017/2018 LEH synopsis, this does not appear to be the case. Maybe in 2016 they were just trying to get a feel for the population levels, as I believe this draw was only introduced in 2016. Now if last years odds were 125.4:1 when the hunt was only private land, I wonder what the odds will be this year if it includes crown land and has the same number of authorizations lol ... guessing it will be more like 1000:1, but that's ok, I am going to win.

You had me worried there for a sec... thought I had just made a $6 donation to general revenue.

Unless I am missing something, the draw is for anywhere in 8-04A, not just private... but worry not land owners... if caddisguy gets the draw, we can help out if you have a problem Anterless Elk frequenting your garden... simply PM date stamped trailcam photos and weight estimate

Ahhh.... Yes you are right. In the 2016/17 LEH regs it specifies Private Land only for this draw, but in the 2017/18 regs it doesnt specify.

If you get the early season draw, and I get the late season - lets work together...

Steelpulse
05-31-2017, 11:09 PM
I also saw this draw 8-04a I was going to apply but I have a lot of other stuff planned. If I got the draw though I was thinking lots of huntable area around whipsaw I recall doing some recon on this. Cool hunt for sure, might be some wild odds

Elkaholic
06-01-2017, 07:49 AM
So is there any info out there about when we will get our results? Now that it is all electronic a person would think it should be faster. But knowing how the gov't works it could be slower than last year lol.

ajr5406
06-01-2017, 08:21 AM
So is there any info out there about when we will get our results? Now that it is all electronic a person would think it should be faster. But knowing how the gov't works it could be slower than last year lol.

Last few years its been the last week or two of June, so perhaps a bit sooner now that its electronic? Fingers crossed anyway...

caddisguy
06-01-2017, 08:27 AM

I think having it electronic just makes the process more efficient as there is less data entry, so less humans and man hours required for that part. My understanding though is that part of the process didn't necessary hold things up and there is apparently a signoff process where each draw / hunt code needs a final signoff (government, biologists, etc?) and if there is any sort of disagreement with one draw it holds up everything. Having it electronic might make things marginally faster, but I would still suspect we're still looking anywhere between mid June and mid July. That said, today would be nice :D