PDA

View Full Version : Tatshenshini is September

Livinlarge
05-21-2017, 02:36 PM
So it happened the first year my partner and myself put in for the 6-29 Dall sheep draw, we got drawn. Was expecting to be chasing stones this year but this was a nice surprise. Flights to Whitehorse are booked, transport to the Haines hiway organized and a general area to explore for sheep has been determined.

i thought I'd start a thread because I plan to post a story when we return and also to see if any helpful info might find it's way to us from the knowledgeable members of this site. PM are appreciated but not expected, what is expected is one hell of an adventure!

ryanb
05-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Looking forward to the story. If you are going in September, try to figure out where the pressure has pushed the rams.

Good luck

monasheemountainman
05-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Awesome good luck!

Rob
05-21-2017, 05:07 PM
envious!! Best of luck, maybe check and see if there is a Grizz LEH as well...looking forward to the story

Alfonz
05-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Tried to send a PM,but your in box seems to be full.

untilthelastbeat
05-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Gonna be a hell of an adventure that's for sure. Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it

Livinlarge
05-21-2017, 08:48 PM
September wasn't our first choice to go however it does works out nicely to apply for a Grizz LEH. I'm going to be concentrating on sheep for the duration of the trip however I'd like to have a tag in the pocket if a nice grizz presents itself on the hike out.

You were absolutely right Alfonz, didn't realize I had 200 messages in there. I cleared up some room.

srupp
05-21-2017, 09:08 PM
Pm sent re dalls, and G bears.
Congrads
Steven

wesley56
05-25-2017, 10:14 AM
If anyone has any information on air service or any area that I could fly into for dall sheep it would be good to know. I went in a couple of years ago, walked up to the Parton Glacier, saw 2 rams ( not legal) and some ewes and lambs. Hope you have a great time.