PDA

View Full Version : Region 3: Thompson-Nicola

Jelvis
07-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Region 3: Thompson-Nicola -- Your eyes will be bombarded with visual stimulation of western hunting atmospheric change right b4 your eyes on the semi-open ridges as you enter the Ashcroft area on Hwy 1. after leaving Hope in the rear view heading up the Fraser Canyon, Hwy 1. Or entering Larson's Hill, Exit 250 up the Coq5 and see the changes in habitat magically change to southern interior weather and topography.
Region 3 is the tops for most pleasant region to hunt in B.C. for anyone wanting mule deer habitat like Colorado or New Mexico this is as close to perfect as you can get for Rocky Mountain Mule Deer the prototype. So come up from the Lower Mainland the Rock or Fraser Valley for a look at serious western big game hunting. Less than a three and a half hour drive from Vancouver centre. Two and a half from Chilliwack.
-- 3 -- Extends from Bridge River on the west to the height of Land in the Columbia Mountains just west of Revelstoke.
It includes Wells Gray Provincial Park on the north of this Region 3 and runs south to the Coldwater country just south of Merritt @ Exit 240 Juliet.
All Region 3 is accessible except where some private land blocks the way. The rest is open for hunting
Mule deer are the most popular animal hunted in Reg 3. Mules are found in all the region. Lots of hunters putting in hours to get a big muley. Now the lowly whitetail invading Reg 3 so you can hunt all types.
Moose hunting in some spots areas of Reg 3 can be exciting with good populations, enuff to have an LEH for the moose. Antlerless mule deer, and sheep leh.
Clearwater to Blue River for the moose. And Leh moose around Kamloops is fantastic if yah get it.
Black bears everywhere and not bad for the table in most cases, check the meat closely.
Roads around the back country by Cache Creek, Deadman Creek Road, Copper Creek via Sabaston, Tranquille Road out of Kamloops. Savano, Tunkwa Lake, Jamieson Creek, Barriere, Bonaparte Lake. Darlington Creek, Nice country with mule deer and moose and grouse and bear. Little Fort.
Whitetail deer hunting in the Shuswap, MU 3-26. Some elk, in Lytton, Princeton and Adams Lake.
Mountain sheep goat and caribou.
Water fowl, doves pheasant you name it and claim it in Region 3 and then go get it to the best of your abilities --
The Bonus? Try California Sheep in Kamloops Lake Any Ram LEH MU 3-29 A and B now for LEH Cali Ram awesome

Red Foreman
07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Alright how about a surefire area to find a immature bull.:-D

Derek_Erickson
07-22-2007, 04:14 PM
yes send them all to 7

Jagermeister
07-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Jelvis, have you been celebrating Ernest Hemingway's birthday?:mrgreen:

BlacktailStalker
07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
He must be, with too much of the drink in your avatar Jag lol

Nimrod
07-22-2007, 07:34 PM
runaway cork puller and a sticky comma key.

kennyg826
07-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Jelvis, just how much did you drink? I was into the vodka last night and had a similar situation, only with a non-hunter. Which is worse?

Jagermeister
07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
He must be, with too much of the drink in your avatar Jag lolI think I'll pour one or two of those myself. If I come back with a stuck comma key and "blathering" a bit, you'll know what happened.:biggrin:

Jelvis
07-22-2007, 08:16 PM
MU 3-12
Pennask Lake--Douglas Lake
Fair moose and mule deer hunting from the Peachland--Kelowna back road. Hike off and up from the road into the ridges and rough terrain and get a chance at a moss back non-typ mule buck. Highland spruce and pine friend a mine. lots of water and sloughs, for good grazing area towards the Nicola Valley.
From Hwy 5a, access Quilchena and the Pennask Lake road. Exit 290 off the Coq5.

dana
07-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Comma, Comma, Comma Chameleon. :)

Jelvis
07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
MU 3-13
Merritt Southwest
Not that great for deer, reached from Coldstream Road. Accessible and heavily hunted.
elk behind Lytton but check regulations in this MU 3-13 b4 hunting anything.
east of Lytton you can get access from Hwy 1, at the Railway under pass, up through rolling highlands behind Lytton.
and finally another way into MU 3-13 from a few km east of Boston Bar, in MU 3-14.
jp

SUAFOYT
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
No no no, nothing in Region 3. Region 3 very very bad. Stay far far away!

Derek_Erickson
07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
:-?Jelly Pritchard-Hyas Lake, dont send people here bad territory indians are nmean up there seen some rugged stuff !

Jelvis
07-22-2007, 10:32 PM
MU 3-14
Lytton--Boston Bar--Anderson River
Just south of Boston Bar the Anderson Main leaves Hwy 1 and climbs steadily to the southwest.
This road forks at six kms, left fork into logged off country years ago, maybe some new you'd have to drive up this season some deer in here. But if you go right Anderson road goes uphill into logging country some old and new. Fair to ok deer for mules and some blacktail, you can turn on the Uztlius Creek main also makes for a large varying area to explore.
Boston Bar--Merritt
By turning off Anderson Main at 6km, go about two hundred metres along a nice power line, then a quick right onto a rather narrow access road and your joined to the logging roads southwest of Merritt.
Good blue grouse on this summit and some mule deer, 12 km up. Best mule deer just below the summit on Merritt side in MU 3-13.
Boston Bar--Thompson
Leave Hwy 1 @ Blue Lake Resort sign, a few km north of Boston bar, keep left at forks just above Hwy 1. Road starts to climb steeply along precipitous ridge; fair deer along here at 12 km or so, This road passes high above Lytton, giving access to elk herd, drops down to Thompson in MU 3-13. Some spur roads shooting off at the summit.
- Nice area and closer to the north end of the Fraser Valley to cut down on driving up north too early for deer and bear. Driving up from Van or The Valley, to a spot that has mule deer and blacktail together kinda. And you hit the summit and a dryer climate than the Fraser Valley.
Some nice big blue grouse at the top mingle in a muley or two and looking down towards Hwy 5 south of Merritt in MU 3-13. Remember to note MU boundary on top MU 3-14 and MU 3-13.
Study Hunting Reg's for boundary of MU's applicable.

Derek_Erickson
07-22-2007, 10:39 PM
:mrgreen:you know where else I seen a moose and a mule deer, region 5 , just beyond region three you should all probably go camp there this hunting season and bomb the piss out of it:mrgreen:

Jelvis
07-22-2007, 11:14 PM
MU 3-15
Lytton - North Bend Backroad
Essentially a 4x4 road going toward North Bend, use pick-up with a four wheel if you have one or try a pick me up truck and who knows? lol, a steep hill with ruff road, just above the twin bridges at Cisco.
Drive across the new bridge at Boston Bar.
First 12 km is Indian Reserve the road climbs up along open ridges. Good hiking access for fair mule deer and grouse high on the ridges. POW!
Kwoiek River road runs back into very ruff terrain; fair to poor deer.
Nahatlatch Main runs back 50 km, good populations of black bear, and mixed mule and coastal blacktail deer but tuff hunting for the deer.
Go left across the bridge over the Fraser from Boston bar, on the Skuzzy Mains, runs back into logged over mountain sides and ridges above Skuzzy Creek, mostly coastal blacktails.
Jelly up the Skuzzy all warm and Fozzy

Forthright
07-22-2007, 11:37 PM
well then......hows about that. asked for a little info on reg 3, and someone spills the beans.

steve

Derek_Erickson
07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
theres lots to go around unless your a real get out of the truck hunter your not goignt o see many AMAZING bucks

johnk
07-23-2007, 07:09 AM
theres lots to go around unless your a real get out of the truck hunter your not goignt o see many AMAZING bucks
Every day I'm out there hunting(70-80 days per) I thank God for the "Road Warriors" as they slow down as they pass my truck at the trailhead, thinking to themselves, "Poor guy, must have broken down and had to walk out".

Jelvis
07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
MU 3-16
Lytton---Lillooet Backroad
Turn right from Lytton ferry to reach Stein River road into fair mule deer hunting. Other roads back from this road but sometimes rockslides do happen pilgrim.
Lillooet - Cayoosh Creek Road -- The main road that runs through MU 3-16, along Cayoosh Creek comes out on Lillooet Lake near Mt Currie, pretty good mule deer hunting, mountain goat, from logging roads all connected -- off 99.
Jel 3-16

johnk
07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Excellent punctuation Jelvis,!,!
By the way, I am not comparing myself with what I think.......huh?!

mrdoog
07-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Gotta love the Jelvinese!

Jelvis
07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
MU 3-17
Lytton---Cache Creek --- with our host --- Mule Deer Zeke
A number of roads run west through the treeless hills along Hwy 1. From Spences Bridge, the Murray Creek road runs through to connect you to roads running in from Hwy 12, (Lytton to Lillooet highway).
The Blue Earth, Oregon Jack and Cornwall Creeks roads also connects with those roads.
With fair mule deer. Good grouse hunting --
Lytton -- Lillooet -- Highway 12
Several roads lead off Hwy 12 into MU 3-17, The Botanie Creek road runs almost due north just beyond the Lytton bridge, connecting with the Izman Creek and Upper Hat Creek roads. From Hwy 12, just south of Marble Canyon, another road runs up towards Upper Hat Creek.
MU 3-17 is basically rangeland, with a number of ranches.
- Good upland birds to hunt plus mules -- Upland game birds by the duzz zoonz -- wild chickeeen

johnk
07-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Yes Jelvis, I know. That's my backyard and if you take the Dominic Lake turnoff and work your way up to Greenstone your chances for a decent buck increase.

Forthright
07-24-2007, 11:43 PM
i do say......if i get skunked this year, its not because i didn't have a place to go...its either i am to noisy or i suck a shooting.......or i am to excited at seeing what could be my first kill and forget to pull the trigger, or cant steady myself.

steve

Jelvis
07-25-2007, 12:04 PM
MU 3-18
Spences Bridge---Merritt
Several ranch and logging roads run north from Hwy 8, into a maze of mining and logging access roads, plus some older ranch roads and older logging roads to drive on or walk. This has always been good mule deer country and hunters in the know know that and hit this MU hard from opening day to the end in deep snow and the November muley rut, Leh Moose is excellent in this hot MU 3-18.
Ashcroft -- Highland Valley
This paved highway 97C, climbs south and west from Ashcroft into a beauty late season hunt area above Ashcroft for mules and moose. Gorgeous habitat and oozes mule deer evidence. lol, Mule Deer and Big Blue Grouse.
Hike into less hunted area and connect with a muley or flocks of grouse.
As above coming south out and up from Ashcroft up Hwy 97c, hit Barnes Lake Road to your left for a late season toad mule. The road comes out by Wallichin. Above Savano.
This MU 3-18 is laced with roads to hunt from, the main road is the Logan Lake road and hits MU 3-19 too.
Excellent MU for moose on leh and mules and whitetail with some bear. Gamebirds.
Jel--Mu 3-18--is a Winner MU -- for hunters

mrdoog
07-25-2007, 08:34 PM
That is a good drive.
I've found it's quicker and cheaper to drive up the Coq., exit at Logan Lake.
Head towards Tunkwa Lake, look for the info staton on the right between Tunkwa and Leighton Lakes, head up that road. Nice area.
Find the right road to your left and you come out about 3km above Savona.
Once on the main road to Savona watch out for cattle, they are everywhere.

Jelvis
07-25-2007, 09:09 PM
MU 3-19
Savona -- Tunkwa lake
The Summer Range road leaves Hwy 1 just east of Savona, following where the old Trans Canada Hwy uphill.
First turnoff right from old Hwy just above the steepest hill runs up through ranch land, beside Duran Creek. The Tunkwa Lake road.
Ridges on each side of this small valley has good mule deer and blue grouse for the hiker hunters, the higher you climb the more deer and grouse.
Good late season trophy class mule bucks in this area.
Some moose in the water courses and sloughs for lucky leh moose winners in MU 3-19 a or b
Mu 3-19 is to the east of the road and MU 3-18 on the west side of the road.
Check your boundary book regs for MU 3-19 for leh and gos hunting, see Quichon Creek.
This road hits Tunkwa Lake and goes onto Logan lake.
You can come down from the Coq5 at Exit 336, on the Meadow Creek road. Or up from Hwy 1 at Savona as above on the Tunkwa Lake Road.
.. MU 3-19 is a super MU to check out at least three times lol ... Go for Any Bull Moose LEH in Mu 3-19 A or B
Jel E Us

Derek_Erickson
07-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Jelvis point me to the big bucks buddy

Jagermeister
07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Aiyeeeeee!

Jelvis
07-25-2007, 10:42 PM
MU 3-20
Nicola Lake--Kamloops
Largely open rangeland, this mu is bounded by Hwy 5 on the west, the South Thompson (Hwy1) along the north and by the Douglas lake - Westwold road.
From Hwy 5a, several roads run back into fair muley country, with some moose to be seen and the odd white tailed buck or two.
The Glimpse and Peter-Hope Lake roads run into the south end of MU 3-20.
Roche Lake access is good for deer and moose road up behind in 3-20
Roche lake cuts back into a fair network of roads from the end of Trapp lake on hwy 5a.
Just beyond this, the Scuitto Creek--Campbell Lake road runs easterly, connecting with Robbins Range road which runs west from Hwy 97. From Westwold the Salmon River road follows that stream up to Salmon Lake, then down to Douglas lake.
Jelly -- Nice little MU 3-20 -- moose, deer, bear and grouse -- BANGO!

Derek_Erickson
07-25-2007, 10:56 PM
you must hunt adams lake you havent said one word about it yet, you an adams lake guy?

johnk
07-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Having a spot that produces a chance when you see a moose, deer or bear is what everyone wants.
If a person wants to, come up the Fraser canyon hwy. Turnoff, at Cache Creek, go east, going to just, the west end, of Kamloops Lake, stop at the little town (don't blink), Savona, for a look see, gas/food, chips, and coffee. The border boundary, of 3-18 and 3-19 go south, up Durand Creek to hunt, 3-18 on the West and 3-19 to your east. Clearings etc. Mule Deer/Moose. Tunkwa Lake/Lieghton lake, area and around. Late season better, for big bucks. Fishing good too in lake! This road hooks up to Logan Lake, going south, from Savona. Jelly Belly
C'mon Jelvis, you forgot to plug Tunkwa Lake Resort! We sell licences and tags, have cabins and campsites, meat/hanging shed and big fat trout if you can tear yourself away from the mulies.

hunter1947
07-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Some Kamloops hunters are poised and ready for the bigger bucks. While talking about the Savona area, let's not forget Deadman River and Red Lake road systems. MU 3-29 - A road turns north, from Hwy 1, west of Savona just before the crest of the hill up from the Thompson River bridge. This gives access into Red Lake-Criss Creek-Tranquille Lake area. This is mule deer hunting, some moose and grouse. --- Deadman Creek road, is at 11 kms west of Savona, it's a north running road that leaves Hwy 1. The first 12 k is Indian Land then about 17 km in, it crosses Criss Creek, a logging road goes up and connects with Red Lake system. Criss Creek is fair moose hunting. Or keep going on Deadman and you'll see a gas pipeline. The road on pipeline runs into Hihium Lake. Fair moose and deer along the top. Or continue along Deadman towards the old Vidette Mine site which is late season hunting for moose and mule deer. On your way in on Deadman Creek road you can see painted bluffs and hoo doos plus some gorgeous wild life habitat and country. Jellyvis - MU 3-29
3-29 up deadmans creek ,that's were i hunted back in the late 70ties ,we got some real nice deer out of that area back then. i have not been in there for 25 years ,does that area still hold some good hunting ????.

CanuckShooter
07-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Adams Lake....that's what I am waiting to hear about....:-D

Jelvis
07-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Mu 3-26
Falkland---Salmon Arm
from Falkland on Hwy 97, a good gravelled road runs across MU 3-26, connecting with a network of roads running up into the highlands on the east.
Another road 8 km's from Falkland winds up to the Bolean chain of lakes, connecting to the regular Bolean road, on the north side of the lake. Might need a good pick up with traction for the action, Jackson.
Fair muley and whitetail in this here area.
Occasional moose wonder in, another 8km along you hit Chase Creek road running up into fair deer hunting country.
The Charcoal Creek road runs east 3 k farther along, connecting with the Fly Hills network of roads to drive on. Fair deer and grouse along this road. From this fork one runs out to Chase on Hwy 1, a further fork run left, runs left to Squilax on Hwy 1, a right turn continues out through the Skimikin Valley to Tappen on Hwy 1. Fair mule deer hunting on the high ridges on either side of the Skimikin.
Gleneden -- Fly Hills
From Gleneden, just off Hwy 1, west of Salmon Arm, a good road runs up to the Fly Hills, a series of small ridges and rolling land. A network of roads traverses the logged over land on this high plateau, eventually connecting to the Bolean roads in the south. This has been a good producer in past years for mule deer.
Because the hunting is good, the hunters try to hit this spot at least once or twice over the season.
Fair pheasant, goose and duck shooting around Salmon Arm. Access is a problem walking along the railway right of way between Tappen and Notch Hill is best shooting.
Check all reg's b4 hammering away
Jelvis -- get to know the locals who are hunter friendly and get a chance to walk the walk --

youngbuck
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Live form the news wire.....
Newly promoted concierge for Reigion 3, has been spilling the beans.

While posting in a premanent inebriated state, HBC member Jelvis has been develuging all the locally unspoken hunting spots in the region.
Sources tell us the he is getting a pay-per-post fee of $20 and a free hat. We have tried to get in contact with the phantom poster but our requests have gone unanswered.
Spokemen for the man with vebal diahhrea have said the he will be releasing an infomercial on the shopping channel within the next couple of days (ala Erik Estrada).
http://www.beachwoodreporter.com/images/bellavista_th.jpg

Stay tuned as we will cut away from our regular scheduled programming to bring you any late breaking news... now back to Dr. Ho's muscle therapy message system

Derek_Erickson
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
hahahahhaha

Jelvis
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Hahaha that's me to a Tee lol. Erik Estrada lol

bighornbob
07-26-2007, 02:32 PM
How about some recent information and not the stuff off your 1976 McLeod's fishing/hunting map?:mrgreen:

BHB

Jelvis
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
big horn bobs lookin for the "Peoples Elbow!"
The Rock says, " Know your role and shut the pie hole, hahaha"
Jelvis on the Rock that doesn't roll

horshur
07-26-2007, 07:48 PM
How about some recent information and not the stuff off your 1976 McLeod's fishing/hunting map?:mrgreen:

BHB

I'm gonna say this once----he is giving out good info. If you think he's full of it--your loss.

Derek_Erickson
07-26-2007, 08:39 PM
very very very good info at that feel lucky I feel pigeon holed

Jelvis
07-26-2007, 09:20 PM
The Rock's Layin the smack down.

CanuckShooter
07-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Are there any good camping spots on Adams Lake? How's the fishing?

kevan
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Whats the hunting like east of 70 Mile past the tip of Green Lake and toward Pressy Lake and Bridge Lake....heard that area is mostly does ??

Jelvis
07-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Region 3 has it all for any hunter that walks the face of the earth. Moose, deer, cali sheep, bear what yah waitin for?
Geese, northern mallard, grouse, you name it.
Jelstar

Jagermeister
07-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I can tell you that there are easier lakes to fish than Adams Lake. You can pick up Kokanee easy enough, but if it's kokanee you want , better to hit the beer store or Bridge Lake, the big boys are a little ellusive. Adams Lake is a very deep lake, not as deep as Quesnel, but it's deep. Deepest spot is very close to sealevel and Quesnel Lake, although deep, can't boast this. The reason, Adams Lake at 1300 ft. approx., is lower in mean elevation than Quesnel Lake at 2400 ft. approx.

Jelvis
07-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Don't be jerkin my chain unless you like a lot of pain, and simple, don't even think about it.
I dream dreams that come true, I dream broken dreams, and the dreams about you .... hahahaha
Your time is up, it's time to bleed.

johnk
07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Jelvis, I commend you for attempting to help other guys less familiar with our region have a better sense of direction than a blind eye. Did you consider that one little misdirection or discrepancy can ruin a hunter's attempt at being at one of your suggested hot spots during primetime and considering a lot of coast hunters coming up for a weekend a full day can be wasted.
For example, your suggestion at going north from Savona and going towards Pat Lake on Durand Rd. Actually the road is Six Mile Hill Rd. and the lake you call Pat is more commonly known as Six Mile. Durand Creek Rd. is 14 km. further up the main road(Tunkwa Lk. Rd.). You mention the ridge above the "main ranch". There is no main ranch, there are four ranches. Three, of which, are owned by the Farmer Bros. and the other owned by Mike/Ray Anderson. The ridge above the ranch you are referring to is no good until there is too much snow for the cattle that get driven there from the high country in October. There are lots of lush meadows in there and the ranchers save on their winter hay costs. Just my .02 to try and clarify one small area that I know intimately. With that said, good on ya for the posts.
Johnk

Derek_Erickson
07-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Everytime I hunt savona I see something interesting

Jelvis
07-27-2007, 10:26 PM
No need commending me, commend the people who made this information real, the bio's, the writers the blue collar workers and field workers. Local pro people, gone now but still carrying on through wisdom and knowledge of B.C. topography.

johnk
07-28-2007, 06:41 AM
John? Our region? Help guys? Hunter's attempts? Prime time? One hot spot, in lush meadows and know Intimately? Sometimes messages can be misconscrewed. lol I think I get your point. lol Jelly Donut. Reminds me of a story.
This fella I knew hunted Savona area for twenty years and knew the area like the back of his hand.The wise old bucks knew them better. He hunted 15 Km up the old Savona-Merritt road. He hunted in November. Fewer hunters and more snow. He banged antlers together. Him and the buddies started climbing in the dark up the steep slopes of the hill. That was just above Durand Creek and they got a wise old muley buck. Jel
Aw, Jelvis, you disappoint me. A complete post and only one comma. What's going on, a little under the weather perhaps? Oh no, wait, you've hired a secretary, haven't you?

Jelvis
07-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Region 3 is a big area to cover but we can pin-point an area and access it through junctions of roads and forks.
MU's of Region 3 -- an area so important for hunters who love the semi-open ridges to hike along looking for deer. Snow in November and the rut together can send you dee lear e s. Some fantastic mule deer hunting alone
Jel .. we got muley

oscar makonka
07-28-2007, 09:14 AM
MU 3-16
Lillooet - Cayoosh Creek Road
Good logging main runs through 3-16 along Cayoosh Creek. comes out on Lillooet Lake near Mt Currie, Fair mule deer, mountain goat from logging roads.

Thats not a logging main anymore, its highway 99 and its been paved for 15 years. Your obsolete book you keep quoting can be very misleading to those who don't know some of the roads mentioned about don't exist anymore and dosen't mention other roads that have been built since. Get with the times man.

dana
07-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Jelly Roll,
You need to put a disclaimer in your sig line. Something like 'All info I spout is at least 20 years old and can be completely useless but I'll keep on spouting regardless.'
BTW, you might find it easier to just go get yourself a scanner, so you don't have to keep typing word for word from that book of yours.

Jelvis
07-28-2007, 01:11 PM
You guys or gals sure are bright and so informative showing someone trying to help the hunting family with big mules and small moose hunting. If it was Christmas you'd be the Grinch.
Jel .. lol -- I forgive yah anyvace -- your hunters and that's all that counts in reg 3 --

horshur
07-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Ok file closed, on Reg 3, Enough said, Parts of info are old from 84 and 85 and some is new. The old info is from conservation reports and real down to earth field people. Who reported on these areas, info shared and written by reputable writers, please don't blame or credit me. I put in some, original, and I guess you didn't like my jokes. I love B.C. Outdoors, and always will, Just hoping to show some access to some areas. Free. Some people have since gone on to the happy hunting grounds. I'm finished so loosen the shorts a little, bye bye. I'll see ya in Reg 3, maybe 4,5 and 7 and 8 Jelvis

Bud--we should go huntin some day.

Jelvis
07-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Horsh I hear yah hunter from Lilly Fart, lol, hahaha love that Little Fort north of Kammy just south of heaven.
Little Fort is cool.
Jel .. Horshur the best hunter from McBride down thru Blue River past Clearwater towards Barriere.

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Jelvis is the best....

Always brings a smile to my face.:-D

Jelvis
07-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Thanks house, coming from you makes it special
Jel .. you've opened a gate

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Je;lvis, I'd hunt wiht you anytime, but I dont' expect the hunting to be any better around my area than yours!

Only thing we have is steep hills, but deer do indeed live in some of those hills!8)

wsm
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM
how are deer herds around pemberton. rumor is there not doing that well

horshur
07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Your one guy that would definitely be good to hunt with horshur, for sure. I like your style, but I might not be up to your level in the hunting chain. You got all the experience, pack horses, camping out in the wilderness for weeks on end. I like driving into spot with four by, and hunting for a whole day, then home. I live in 3-28. Kamloops. That's a possibility. I can commit to a definite maybe, for now. Reg 3 out there in the best country, where you hunters are. I gotta hunt that spot. In the hunting triangle. Little Fort, Clearwater, Vavenby three in one, from each one out and in between. Mu - 3-28 - 3-38 - 3-39 - 3-41 should get it done. Or even farther west on Hwy 24 ( the fisher persons highway) into MU 3-30. Little Fort out, Primo del a rimo. Or a guy could meet at Darfield or lower Lemieux Creek. I like that Boulder Mtn road now theres a spot to see what we're made of, big bucks, or lots of sign? Let's keep that in mind for sure. Jel, Rocky's Bro, and cuz, Cliff Bluffs this year 07

Jelly--I know my way around Boulder pretty good--used to live there--shot some nice bucks too--frog lakes eh?--good moose if you have a tag--sisters can be good--

Jelvis
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Nothing wrong hunting near Carpenter lake eh lol, I guess not, it's the best muley country around anywhere.
North Thompson is another great area for mules for sure.

Gateholio
07-29-2007, 11:01 PM
how are deer herds around pemberton. rumor is there not doing that well

No deer left in Pemberton, it's kinda sad....

wsm
07-29-2007, 11:29 PM
i dont know about no deer. but i did hear from a co that the herd was not doing so well

Gateholio
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
The buck o doe ratio seems to be rigth out of whack to many of us, but we are not bios...

I'd like to see a doe LEH back in this area.

Jelvis
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Kamloops area is a good one, Barrierre, Little Fort, Vavenby, Tunkwa, Red lake, Stump, Barnhartvale,
Clearwater, Cache Creek, Scottie Creek area, Helmer Lake and so on and on with hot spots to hunt.

Jelvis
07-31-2007, 02:45 PM
MU 3-27 is popular for mule deer and is one of the highest in success for hunting hours spent hunting.
BOOM! BANG! CRACK!

Derek_Erickson
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
or just look at my post good luck getting the draw! Jelvis, do you know if natives can hunt them??

Jelvis
07-31-2007, 09:26 PM
I like Kamloops country for mule deer and moose. Jamieson Creek road and all it's spur roads are nice to hunt
In MU 3-28

Jelvis
08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Hunting up Paul Lake way or Cherry Creek or up Red lake or Heffley Creek it's all around us in kamloops

Jelvis
08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Don't forget Surrey/Sussix in 3, Frogmore and HiHume some one stop me!

frenchbar
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Hey jellyroll .whens the reg 4 access info thread coming to hbc.:wink:

Jelvis
08-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Region 4 is spread out thru the threads in the library of hbc.

Jelvis
08-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Mu 3-27
Pritchard --- McGillivray Lake
is bounded on the south by the South Thompson River and Hwy 1.
At Pritchard, midway between Chase and Kamloops a road crosses the South Thompson River. Shortly after leaving the bridge, a right fork runs up river to Chase this giving you access to Niskonlith lake, to the cut off via Bear Creek to Adams Lake, and a good forest access road running uphill to high country around McGillivray lake, moose hunting beyond the lake in ruff rocky country with patches of swamp and muskeg. Some mule deer on the ridges on the way in, to the lake. hint skip the Bear Creek road nuttin mooch.
as said, a real winner for mule deer hunting success, the tops in Region 3 for hunting hours before nailing a mule deer were much shorter than lots of the other Mu's in 3.
Why is that? No one knows where the stats go, I ask the pro's and nobody knows ----
Heffley Creek, Orchard Lake, Vinsula, Oliver Creek, Badger, Louis Creek, Knouff Lake, Pinnatan, Seven O Ranch, McClure, Hyas Lake at Pemberton Ridge, BOOM!, I got my muley again this season whoa, I like 3-27
Jel -- Mu 3-27 -- Mule Deer Hunting Heaven -- this MU rocks hard

mapguy
08-04-2007, 06:29 AM
best time to hunt region 3 is when the snows start on top
makes the trophy bucks come down

Jelvis
08-04-2007, 12:34 PM
mapguy I hear yah hunter, the big snow with the rut combined in Region 3 means some big bucks showing up.

Jelvis
08-05-2007, 02:10 PM
MU 3-28
Westsyde -- Little Fort
This long narrow unit runs along the west side of the North Thompson Valley, from Westsyde (North Kamloops) home of Rocco the Nor River on the way north to Little Fort up the river from Kamloops and every inch between.
Many logging roads cut back into hilly hunting country from above the Westsyde road, and going in.
Great late season action for hiker hunters for big buck mules with the herd leaders in rutting season and fighting.
Good snow around 2000 feet and up means it's time for the serious buck hunting in 3-28 in November mule rut.
Fair mule deer and moose up here in Mu 3-28 a or b. Plus grouse and some bears in black

Derek_Erickson
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
You did pretty good Jelvis I think you only really left two or three spots untouched

Jelvis
08-05-2007, 03:58 PM
MU 3-29
Tranquille - Red Lake - Criss Creek
The Tranquille Creek road climbs up from the valley just east of Tranquille, winding far above the stream along clay and rock ridges, a road left, on Frederic rd., the Dew Drop flats runs out towards Copper creek way then deadends now, can't get thru to Copper Creek anymore cuz of wash outs. But still can go out a ways. Some roads run out to the ridges, with fair mule deer hunting. Sheep the Cali kind every where yah look basically.
Also LEH Cali Sheep here too in MU 3-29 a or b side.
Grouse too for a treat.
Along the north shore of Kamloops lake.
The road forks at 32 km from Tranquille with right fork into Tranquille Lake, left to Red lake and Criss creek
Fair moose in Criss Creek area.
Savona -- Red lake
Go north up Sabastian Creek just west of Savano off Hwy 1. To Copper creek and Red lake etc
good cali sheep, good grouse, not bad for mules better late season with snow and migration.
Deadman Creek Road
At 11 kms west of Savona, on Hwy1, a north running road leaves Hwy 1 onto the Deadman Road.
first 12 km is Indian Band (Skeetchason) then your good to go.
About 17 km is the Criss Creek, go up the logging road for a toad.
Nice moose country and deer.
You can proceed up to the Vidette Mine or go to Hihume Lake from the Deadman.

Derek_Erickson
08-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Haha you nailed it on the button:)

johnk
08-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey Jelvis,

Petit Creek Road, but don't tell anyone, okay?

Jelvis
08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
MU 3-30
Cache Creek--Clinton
About 18km north of Cache Creek, the Scottie Creek roads runs up east from the Cariboo Hwy 97, giving access to good mule deer and fair moose hunting.
The next road right after Scottie on hwy 97, is the Loon Lake road.
Just above Clinton the Bonaparte River Road, runs back into deer and moose.
The north end of 3-30 is reached by Hwy 24 between 83 Mile and Little Fort.
This maze of lakes, low ridges and swales is crisscrossed by logging roads.
Fair moose hunting and well liked area by lots of rubber necking road hunters.
Generally good grouse
Water fowl in early season.
jel

kennyg826
08-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Jelly, seriously man, how can you possibly retain that much info. You must put in alot of time and effort. Very generous and unselfish of you to share.8)
Thank you.
Respectfully, Ken Grant.

Derek_Erickson
08-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Theres lots to go around, just get out of your truck!

kennyg826
08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I hunted the Chasm area a couple years ago near the end of the season. It was the 4point season. I was sneakin' up on a small group of deer and decided to stop and try a couple of grunts but they paid no attention. However, while watching them I heard a grunt from behind me. What a tank!!! He was a very proud 3x3 with enormous body mass, and hard as I tried, I couldn't grow a fourth point. He walked straight across my path and didn't even flinch. Passed by at 50 feet, nose glued to the ground, grunting with every second step. He did this til he hit the does trail just ahead of me and that was that. He left me behind, and went lookin' for love. Hope he found it!:-D
Cheers.

Jelvis
08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
MU 3-31
Clinton -- 100 Mile House
From Clinton, the Kelly Lake-Jesmond roads gives hunters access to the southern part of MU 3-31
From Hwy 97 between Clinton and 100 Mile house a number of ranch road and logging roads run west into south central MU 3-31.
From Dog Creek, above the Fraser River near the western edge, a road east leads into good hunting.
Fair to good mule deer hunting with good moose hunting as well, wow nice spot for sure. Also good grouse.
Jelly -- 3-31 has good hunting in almost all the MU.

Jelvis
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
MU 3-32
Bridge River

Main access to this rugged, beautiful land is via the Bridge River road which leaves the Fraser River 12 km's north of Lillooet. About 25 k, past this junction the highway swings down to cross the Yalakom River. straight ahead, look, a gravel road whoa, runs along the river, not bad road for 30 km, after dat, four wheel, ok.
Good deer hunting along the ridges above the road as you drive along, figuring out where to stop and hunt, it all looks good but where? Is the best?
Keep driving into the headwaters of the Yalakom in four wheel for moose and sheep, BANGO!
This road continues through the Big Bar Creek ferry, across the mighty Fraser River, or run south to connect with McKay Creek road, and then to Lillooet road on the Fraser.
Carpenter Lake:
Good deer range is found above the main road above the lake.
Mule deer, moose, and sheep are available to the hunter who hikes or rides horse along the Tyaughton Lake-Relay Mtn road.
Jel .. MU 3-32 -- Bridge River

Mr. Dean
08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
As Jello has pointed out, BC's FULL of opprotunity!

Jelvis
04-17-2008, 03:04 PM
MU 3-35
Perry River
Access from Perry River logging roads, this is rugged hunting country made for the ruff n tuff mudders.
Moose, mule deer and lots of black bears creeping around so pay attention, watch all around you and your back.
Occasional grizzly been spotted plodding along and those white goats. Check LEH lol
J -- The weak need not apply in the Perry River system -- only the Tuff Mudderz have the muscle to tussel
You got good health and heart? Can you drag 200 pounds or cut it into smaller pieces -- if your body-strong
You can challenge yourself up the Perry it could be veddy sceddy, but only the tuff need apply

finish
04-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I lived in Kamloops for 15 years until this last August, I think my favorite area was Bachelor Heights. You get alot of road hunters up there, But, if you get out and hike a few areas, the Muleys and Moose are everywhere!!! Bachelor is also a great place to hunt some Big bruins!! Kamloops area is a great place to hunt.

bsa30-06
04-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Hey Jelvis, tell me what you got for 3-17.

Jelvis
04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
MU 3-37
Adams Lake
Southern part reached from logging road from south end of lake which runs part way up the east side.
The same applies to the west side.
Also access from Louis Creek, Barriere and Vavenby on Hwy 5.
Fair to good mule deer hunting in the southern part of 3-37, occasional moose on either side of lake, and fair moose hunting along Upper Adams River, BOOM!
Some Wapiti been spotted more often (Rocky Mountain) Elk moving in and out the area.
The Upper Adams road runs into 3-34.
This spot is worth a hunt or two especially LEH winners for MU 3-37 your one lucky hunter this season

300wsm
05-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I am fairly new to hunting, 4 years now and am enjoying my new sport immensely. Although off seasons seem to be getting longer every year. i am trying to pick my LEH draws and am realizing there is alot of information to process. Do you find that it is better to pick draws with better odds or to stick to your "most hunted" best known area? I will more often hunt 3-36 as business takes me there weekly but i drive from vancouver so any area in between is quite convenient. I also don't mind the adams lake road back route out of 3-36. Any input you might give me would be appreciated.

Jelvis
05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
MU 3-36
Shuswap
Access from Scotch Creek logging roads near Celista on north side of Shuswap lake, from Seymour Arm system, boat to head of Anstey Arm from Sicamous. Mule deer, occasional moose, whitetail deer, and black bears.
Shuswap country
MU 3-36

browningboy
05-06-2008, 08:26 AM
The area that we enjoyed around the "Loops" was Boneparte Lake area off the Jesmond Road which comes off the Westsyde Road, we go way in and its beautiful as well as all the new growth from the forest fires of previous years, I sure it will produce some hangers and yes good fishing too.

Jelvis, thanks for all the info, and was a funny but informative thread, nice of you to share the info like that! Kudos;)

Jelvis
05-06-2008, 11:59 AM
MU 3-38
Barriere --- Blackpool
Main access into this wonderful unit is from Barriere.
The Mu 3-38 is bounded on the west by the North Thompson River and CN rail way tracks.
Lots of roads radiating out from and past North Barriere Lake, East Barriere lake and South Barriere lake.
Pretty good moose hunting in here with some hunters too.
The Chu Chua road, running north from Barriere, through to Blackpool has some good late season mule deer hunting in the ridges above the road.
Drive past the Simp'cw First Nation Band's land and your good to go, your into good habitat for ungulates.
look at your backroad map or bc recreational atlas.
This MU 3-38 is in wild country with moose, deer and bear.

LOC
05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
saw my first moose killed in 3-30 by my uncle when I was 9. We used to go to Hi-hume fishing every summer for years. Lot's o bears up that way too.

4 point
05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
A few cougars in the Hi-Hume Lake area as well.

Mr. Friendly
05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
I started my CORE yesterday, with PAL & RPAL to follow soon after. if anyone is willing to say so (I know some things are guarded secrets), but where is a good spot in the Thompson/Nicola to hunt for the first time? my home base is Kamloops.

I'm honestly thinking about small game/upland birds as my first time hunt experience. anything shared words of advice or experience would be greatly appreciated. :)

Jelvis
05-06-2008, 02:58 PM
MU 3-39
Little Fort--Clearwater
Fair moose and deer hunting country reached by a network of roads from Little Fort in the south and another network of logging roads reached from Clearwater in the north of MU 3-39.
Wells Gray Park forms part of the northern boundary of MU 3-39.
This MU 3-39 is hunted a lot by many but the hunters success ratio's are on the good side in here, it depends on the type of weather for certain conditions to be awesome hunting.
MU 3-39 is supreme wild country with many wild animals in the forests. You can join them for a weekender.

Jelvis
05-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Don't ever underestimate the high quality hunting opportunities that we all share in Region 3.
The hunting is top shelf world wide and we live right in the middle of hunting and fishing paradise.
Let us appreciate our Province here in Beautiful British Columbia, and the right to hunt for our own pleasure.
Jel in dah Loops (Kamloops) B.C. Canada

Jelvis
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
MU 3-40
Clearwater -- Blue River
Bounded on the east by Wells Gray Park and on the west the Yellowhead Hwy 5.
This area is accessible by Raft River logging roads.
Fair to good moose, not bad for mule deer, lots of black bear and occasional grizzly.
Always check reg's for details of hunting season regulation and laws.
Mu 3-40 -- Moose City -- LEH Winner!
Jel

wsm
07-04-2008, 07:29 PM
willing to share info about chasm NOV.:p

sealevel
07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
jelves some of the best mule deer hunting was in the upper louse creek . On either side of the valley right above the house your mother was raised in. Hunted there a lot in the 70s went back in 06 grown up ant to thick on the west side but still good hunting.

Jelvis
07-04-2008, 10:27 PM
MU 3-43
Blue River North
On the east side this time
Lying east of the North Thompson River and CNR tracks, this large unit lies in rough mountainous terrain.
Accessible from a few logging roads crossing the river from Hwy 5.
Occasional moose and scattered mule deer not the greatest hunting spot but eh, there is no void for mules.
Black bears are numerous and pretty healthy animals in here.
There are mountain goat and grizzly see: LEH paper and BC Hunting Reg's -- up 2 date

Jelvis
08-26-2008, 04:04 PM
MU 3-44
Blue River North
(west of the North Thompson River)
Kinda not the best hunting, hold it, except: for fair to poor moose hunting reached from the North Thompson logging road, which runs east from Hwy 5, from Gosnell a cnr station, 45 km north of Blue River. Hwy 5 now follows the Albreda River. Another left turn 16 km or so and hey pine ridges with some mule deer
cross the Albreda twice then those ridges of pine.
Jel

Jelvis
05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
mu 3-45 and mu 3-46
Wells Gray Park
Main access road into MU 3-46 from Clearwater on the Hwy 5 Yellowhead.
You can drive to Clearwater Lake until the heavy snow arrives.
Late season is the best hunting from this road usually open only as far as Murtle River.
Another road runs into Murtle Lake from Blue River.
MU 3-46 also reached from Eagle Creek road on Canim Lake in MU 5-1, or from southside of Canim lake on the Mahood Falls road.
Moose with some mule deer in MU 3-46, Boat access from Mahood lake or south end of Clearwater lake.
Your up to date with your host: The Clearwater Cowboy
jelvis .. wells gray peeeee Yarrrrrr Kah -- ----------------------------------lll

johnedixon
05-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi, I'm a senior looking for an LEH draw for a muley doe in 3-12 or 3-13. Are they good bets? Anything better for muleys in reg. 3?
Thanks a lot! John Dixon

swampdonkey
05-16-2010, 09:04 AM
anywhere in those regions you will fill it:-D

Jelvis
05-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Region 3 thread was under construction, now rebuilt and revised for clear instructions. Start at the beginning or the end now it's done like dinner. Take a look at the Mu's available in Reg 3 to hunt and try for LEH.
Thanks -- Get your lucky LEH cards in now or very soon for Region 3 Moose, sheep and antlerless mule
I pity the Foooo
Jel get em done and in to get an equal chance to have a Region 3 LEH Winner! Good luck with the hunting lords.

Jelvis
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Thread redone from beginning to the end so far, lol, start at the beginning and work forward or work backwards from this end it's all here for all to plan a hunt and know what LEH your putting in for this year.
Do it now, b4 you miss out

Jelvis
05-01-2014, 05:40 PM
MU 3-33
Gold Bridge

Bounded on the north by Bridge River, Carpenter lake, Downtown Lake, and upper Bridge River, Mu 3-33 holds mountain goat, and a few moose, Access is difficult in the best hunting area, although the Bralorne road, Truax road and road south to Pemberton provides some entry. South part of 3-33 reached from D'Arcy and Seton.
Jelly 3-33 is a cool spot, enjoy the revised and updated Region 3 by me, Zeke, Jake Brake and "The Rock" thanx

Just
10-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Can u hunt the mountain above Monk provincial campground, around fox lake.

walks with deer
10-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Best part about thread is he named so many good spots it doesn't matter...

Dog_River
10-14-2015, 07:27 AM
What about deer north of Blue River closer to Valemount ? have you any pointers ?

Thanks, Dog_River

Jelvis
03-14-2017, 07:42 PM
-=-lll-----------> for mine and Rocco's hunting buds who want to come up to Kammy in 2017
This 2017 should be gah hoooood, anyways check it out and we will talk
Jel and Rock sayin enjoy and employ lol -- did iz da rock cee u inn 2o17