PDA

View Full Version : 65 years or older

levind
07-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Just looking for a bit of help for my dad. He turns 65 later this year and i was trying to figure out how they define it in the regulations. Does he qualify for it to purchase his license. I have been searching the ministry website but all they say is 65 or older. I know other things he qualifys for like property tax.

thanks
Kevin

todbartell
07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
if he is 65, his license is like $7, but only if he buys the license on or after his birthday

page 10 in the regs

Steeleco
07-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I read somewhere that the senior licence was being removed?

levind
07-22-2007, 12:36 PM
The senior license has not been removed atleast not this year. Just seems stupid that if he buys his license now no discount but if he buys it 3 months from now he gets a discount. Just wanted to read some were in the regs were they define it and just don't say 65 and older.

moosecaller
07-22-2007, 12:50 PM
If he is not 65 then he unfortunately pays full price. The definition is fairly clear 65 or older. Just like booze and tobacco products 19 or older not 18 and 11 months. I would be very upset if they do away with more senior perks they paid their dues and should be able to enjoy their retirement on the reduced pension/income, they should not be gouged until the end of time give them a break!

coaster
07-22-2007, 02:03 PM
If he has received his Gold Card, he just has to show that at the sporting goods store and they will give him a discount on his fresh water licence and his hunting licence, he still pays full fee for his tags. He also gets on BC Ferries free Mon. to Thursday, but still has to pay for his vehicle..

steel_ram
07-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I dunno, as the baby boomer generation flushes through the retirement age I think they should do away with special 'seniors' perks. Most had a better opportunity to do financial OK than those generations before and after them.

todbartell
07-22-2007, 06:17 PM
jesus, they're old and give them a break on a few bucks, it wont end the world

Mauser98
07-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I dunno, as the baby boomer generation flushes through the retirement age I think they should do away with special 'seniors' perks. Most had a better opportunity to do financial OK than those generations before and after them.

You're absolutely right. Most of use did have better opportunities than our parents and , in some cases, than our kids have now.

And because we had these opportunities we also paid huge amounts of income tax each year not to mention our contributions on taxes for goods and services.

And, now that a lot of us are retired, we're still paying taxes on our income so give it a rest. We've more than paid our fair share.

I want my cheap Licence!!!!:-D

moosecaller
07-22-2007, 07:22 PM

"OUTRAGEOUS"
Minimum wage when I started working was .90 cents an hour! Do you what it pays on old age pension? What pray tell is the basis for the boomers having better opportunities? Every generation has their hardships!

Jagermeister
07-22-2007, 07:48 PM
You're absolutely right. Most of use did have better opportunities than our parents and , in some cases, than our kids have now.

And because we had these opportunities we also paid huge amounts of income tax each year not to mention our contributions on taxes for goods and services.

And, now that a lot of us are retired, we're still paying taxes on our income so give it a rest. We've more than paid our fair share.

I want my cheap Licence!!!!:-DDitto this for me too.

CanuckShooter
07-23-2007, 07:21 AM

Yup...and they were taught to RESPECT their elders..unlike alot of young pups these days. That is why elders in our hunting camps always get preferential treatment.....

steel_ram
07-23-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm certainly all for respecting those that have contibuted to the betterment of our society. Everyone pay's taxes and theoretically benefits from them.

Respect and privileges are earned. Unfortunately day's spent breathing is is not necessarily a fare measure of respect due in this day and age.

I would certainly want those veterans that haved served our country and been put in dangerous positions to be rewarded, as I would anyone that had made personal sacrifice for the protection of our privileged way of life.