PDA

View Full Version : Hunting BC Layout

twopointertom
05-15-2017, 09:36 AM
It would be good to narrow down the categories, mainland British Columbia is too encompassing. Perhaps break it down into Regions? I say this because I'm jealous of everyone submitting their black bear stories and photos way before the bears are even coming out up north. Yes, that adds fuel to my hunting desire and that's a good thing-there's just no outlet. That's frustrating lol. You can draw the comparison. I'm not sure if its been suggested to change the layout, but I think it would be helpful.

Jelvis
05-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Two point so - Your sayin region by region unit by unit for the Mainland page?
Jelvis -- break it down into unit by unit -- so you don't have to see those 7 foot blackies lol.
I dig it two point --

303savage
05-15-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm jealous of everyone submitting their black bear stories and photos

Hmmm What are you trying to say? That southern hunters should hold their hunt stories until the bears are out in your area :-)

Linksman313
05-15-2017, 12:02 PM
How did you like the layout before you left the LM a few years back 2point? Would you post more if it were region specific? I haven't read any of your stories yet but would love to hear more of our Northern friends clock in with a couple.

Wild one
05-15-2017, 12:32 PM
Don't worry about it we may wait longer in the north but we have better bears and better bear hunting in the north lol

Rackmastr
05-15-2017, 12:38 PM
I'd bet the last thing most people want to do is click region by region to see whats going on.

HBC works pretty darn well and doesnt have too many categories and doesnt have any that seem to get swamped quickly and need sub-categories for. JMO

todbartell
05-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Simpler is better, look at BC Big Shots forum, they have a million sub forums including one dedicated for first aid for dogs which hasn't had a reply in 4 years to the latest topic...............

todbartell
05-15-2017, 01:44 PM
It's a great place to chat about your favorite kind of potato chips though :mrgreen: seriously

BRvalley
05-15-2017, 02:44 PM
forums with too many sub-forums are a pain, HBC has it down right....but I do struggle with the search function here sometimes, aka lack of returns...I typically type HBC "______" into google and get better search hits that way

backcountry99
05-15-2017, 03:31 PM
I strongly disagree! Already feel the downfall of this site is to much were you are hunting and not enough how and not enough just stories without location. Its why alot of serious guys want no part in hbc.

Steeleco
05-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Firstly, lets not chuck mud!! This site is better than that!
Secondly, More forums. NOPE we mods already spend too much time moving posts that are in the wrong spot. KISS theory applied. Keep It Simple Stupid!!

Gateholio
05-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Simpler is better, look at BC Big Shots forum, they have a million sub forums including one dedicated for first aid for dogs which hasn't had a reply in 4 years to the latest topic...............
x2
Excess forums just end up as dead forums or things getting spread too thin that each forum has a coupel of posts on basically the same topic.

Having a first aid for dogs forum is pretty comical.

Salty
05-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Shouldn't this thread should be moved to the recommendations for improvements that come from region 7 in the first half of the year not including predators and ducks forum?

Gateholio
05-15-2017, 05:05 PM
:mrgreen::mrgreen:8)8)

fearnodeer
05-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Simple is better that is why this forum exists.

Jelvis
05-16-2017, 07:39 AM
Personally I love the layout as it iz on HBC, very easy to see and decifer.
Open chat is amazing for hunters and Mainland is the best anywheres, political is covered very well also.
It's the members who make the site so valuable to modern day hunters.
I can't believe how insightful the posts and threads are for hunting in bc, it's everything a hunter wants and desires.
The thread starters and posters alike are zealous for new information and old info on deer hunting alone.
I like it as is myself and as long as members share and express themselves as hunter's we can use this wonderful hunting bc site as is
Jel -- in Reg 3 Kammy doable Whammy --

northof49
05-16-2017, 07:49 AM
Great the way it is

Wild one
05-16-2017, 09:20 AM
It works but I like simple

JLsteel
05-16-2017, 09:32 AM
What about adding HBC to tapatalk? Easier to use on mobile device.

Wild one
05-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Only thing that would be nice is an easier way to post pics

wideopenthrottle
05-16-2017, 11:28 AM
if you wannna see less posts, just make everyone include region ,MU and GPS coordinates with every pic...heheheheh

05-16-2017, 11:48 AM
Only thing that would be nice is an easier way to post pics

the gallery used to be way easier to use,, some update made It hard for me to tool pics... the solution was Photobucket... which at the time was really easy, but now photobucket has gone commercial and is a bitch to use as well....
The site needs to make it easy again,,, " click the upload button" and not have to resize or any of that crap..... 4 years ago it was as easy as photobucket