PDA

View Full Version : Online Species Tag Issues...

russm86
05-12-2017, 01:09 PM
I got my old style hunting license booklet and sticker species tags before the season started but the GF decided to do hers online. She ordered her tags April 4th, they said 5 to 14 business days. Well they still haven't shown up almost a month and a half later, bear season now nearly half over. She called and they told her to now go to the local service Canada branch to get new ones... Of course service Canada is only open the usual 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, so anyone with an actual job can't get there... Anyone else had problems getting their tags delivered? Is it a screw up in the new system or some tree hugging Canada Post employee snatch them up or is it just the usual Canada Post incompetency? Exactly what I was worried about with this new system... Anyways, I suggest people order all of their tags now if they want them in time for the fall season, especially if they have to go through the same BS...

LupieHunter
05-12-2017, 01:40 PM
As of next week they can be purchased at vendors with the new system.

gmachine19
05-12-2017, 01:49 PM
That weird. I got all my tags within 3 bussines days...

palmer
05-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Wow, have purchased mine though on-line and no problems, Got them in about 5 days and that went for wife and daughter as well

Hank Hunter
05-12-2017, 01:56 PM
No issue here, done it online and got them in 4 or 5 days

Steelpulse
05-12-2017, 02:27 PM
5 days easiest thing ever

side note has a canada post employee ever actually taken someone's tags haha or is this a made up conspiracy by us hunters which sounds good

chris
05-12-2017, 02:46 PM
My wife and I had ours within a week. For us it worked flawlessly. Hopefully your issue was just a one time thing.

Wheelin Sportsman
05-12-2017, 03:07 PM
No issue here. Had mine in 3 business days as advertised.

buckshot
05-12-2017, 06:01 PM
I think you got some bad advice there Russm, it is a provincial matter so, get a hold of BC Access Center instead of Service Canada, know what I'm saying Vern!

RiverOtter
05-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Ordered my license and bear tag late April. Got the credit card confirmation as well as being listed in my profile history. Go on holidays for 10 days and come home to nothing in the mail. Go back on line, no record in my profile anymore. Repurchased last Sunday, still nothing in the mail as of today. Scared to recheck my profile again. LOL.

System is easy enough to use, but getting tangible tags has been a battle. Better get on my sheep tag, so it's here by August. Haha.

4 point
05-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Tags came in mail in about 10 days no problem.

Jord1022
05-12-2017, 10:48 PM
I bought a bear tag at wholesale sports. It's the old booklet style

Barracuda
05-13-2017, 12:09 PM
seeing as the books are going the way of the dodo I think it would be a nice souvineer to have

Good2bCanadian
05-13-2017, 12:15 PM
I bought a paper license and a black bear and grizzly paper tag late march from WSS.
First week of may they were all updated on my online profile.
I bought my remaining tags as soon as my online was updated and had them mailed to me within a week.
System is easy. Key is don't be tardy and buy your tags early if you can.

Rhyno
05-13-2017, 07:05 PM
No issue here. Had mine in 3 business days as advertised.

Ditto, super fast and easy

07blackwater
05-14-2017, 02:31 AM
I had mine in about a week.

chowskie
05-14-2017, 08:35 AM
had no problems getting mine, purchased on a sunday, arrived on the thursday.

Wrayzer
05-14-2017, 08:24 PM
I was going to go to the local store to pick up a license and tags this week, didn't know it was all on line.
Can I still get them in store so I don't have to have them mailed to me with fingers crossed they are here in a minimum 3 days?

Sounds like a hokey system if I wanted my tags right away.

LupieHunter
05-14-2017, 09:34 PM
I was going to go to the local store to pick up a license and tags this week, didn't know it was all on line.
Can I still get them in store so I don't have to have them mailed to me with fingers crossed they are here in a minimum 3 days?

Sounds like a hokey system if I wanted my tags right away.

Yes, tags will still be available to buy in person from vendors. If buying a tag for a species that has a waiting period, the waiting period starts the day after the tag is purchased.

LupieHunter
05-14-2017, 09:36 PM
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/bc-resident-hunting/electronic-based-hunting-licences

russm86
05-15-2017, 07:19 AM
I think you got some bad advice there Russm, it is a provincial matter so, get a hold of BC Access Center instead of Service Canada, know what I'm saying Vern!

Sorry, you are right, I think our local one is a "Service BC" centre according to the internet not Service Canada...

todbartell
05-15-2017, 09:27 AM
I just went into the local hunting shop and purchased my hunting license online, with a couple tags. Quick and easy, made easier by their excellent customer service. Thanks Nechako Outdoors!!!

Fosey
05-17-2017, 03:58 AM
Where online is the species license, I bought my Hunting license but cannot find the species license.

Rhyno
05-17-2017, 05:46 AM
Where online is the species license, I bought my Hunting license but cannot find the species license.

Once you buy you license go back to the same "buy license" button and the species tags magically appear. I was confused as well!

russm86
05-17-2017, 07:13 AM
She made it to Service BC on her lunch hour but it took them so long and they were so confused that all they could do was void the current "issued" tag and supposedly give her a credit on her account online. Now she has to go back again to get a new tag... What a p*** around...

Fosey
05-17-2017, 08:53 AM
Thanks Rhyno, that was easy. I ordered licence and tags today. Hope it works out it will be easier for me online than going to town because I live 90 km from stores.

f350ps
05-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Just bought all my licenses, tags and LEH's online, very smooth transaction, I'm very impressed! The only thing I'd like to see is when you click on "Buy License" it would be nice to click on all the licenses and tags at once instead of having to add to your shopping cart then go back to "Buy Licenses" again and again. Besides that, I like!! K

Wrayzer
05-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Stopped in to AC sports in Kelowna, got my tag and license right away. Easier and quicker than the old system watching them hand write all the licences and tags.

I was told we cant staple all the tags together though so now I'll have a bunch of individual tags floating around in the wallet.

dmaxtech
05-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Stopped in to AC sports in Kelowna, got my tag and license right away. Easier and quicker than the old system watching them hand write all the licences and tags.

I was told we cant staple all the tags together though so now I'll have a bunch of individual tags floating around in the wallet.

Got a neat plastic folder when I was at the last outdoor show in Abbotsford. It had some samples of what the tags would look like. I grabbed a few for my kids too. I works great.

Wrayzer
05-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Got a neat plastic folder when I was at the last outdoor show in Abbotsford. It had some samples of what the tags would look like. I grabbed a few for my kids too. I works great.

That's what I did too, fits well and keeps them all in one spot together.