PDA

View Full Version : ATV opinions needed

chola
07-21-2007, 06:22 PM
was just looking at a new Kodiak 450..all the bells and whistles on it for $9000 out the door.....
Anybody have any thoughts or experiences with this rig

frenchbar
07-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Ive got one,a 2007 and liken it so far ,got 1500 km on it and havent had any problems with it.

chola
07-21-2007, 07:01 PM
that's good to know...the one I looked at comes with a winch,the rear seat/cargo box,loading ramp and they will install a new plow just before snow flies...I looked at a ton of used ones and the price just was not a huge savings compared to buying new..then ya know how it's been treated and looked after as well

moosinaround
07-21-2007, 07:04 PM
All the bells and whistles for 9000 plus tax? The new atv's out there today do the job. I've ridden them all and they have all gotten me in and out of the bush. The only absolute nessessity I would put on is a winch. Hand warmers are nice, and a gun scabbard saves the back a little when riding hard(gun too). Yamahas have been around a good while. My preference is a honda or arctic cat, the dealer in pg has the honda 420efi on for 8299, then 99 for a winch install. No mudders or rims or extra guarding. My father in law drives a stock 450 foreman and goes everywhere I go with mudders. He just stays a little cleaner. Honda or yamaha?.... chevy or ford?...Tomato tomato? It is who streches your dollars the farthest. Moosin.

chola
07-21-2007, 07:05 PM
taxes in $9000 out teh door and in my truck....

overthetop
07-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Go to the states. If you can drive far, like Cali you can get one for 4 or 5.

moose hunter
07-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Great quad was riding one today love to catwalk it lol my buddy hasnt had any troubles yet but its brand new basicly. but imo yamah is the best they last long, good service, yamaha is the way to go.

Dirty
07-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Save 8500 bucks and buy a good set of boots for $500. You can do a lot of walking and hiking for $8500.

BlacktailStalker
07-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Good quads, you wont be disappointed. I have a 700 grizz, same idea.
Dont go to the states, the warranties arent transferable to Canada.

chola
07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Save 8500 bucks and buy a good set of boots for $500. You can do a lot of walking and hiking for $8500.
have lots of good boots.....opinions on the quad is what i was after:wink:
Nothing specific such as "hunting only" quad or anything like that,just wanted it to get away out and about on the weekends with some friends..never owned one before or a dirtbike for that matter..figured a quad would be nice to have

bochunk2000
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a Kodiak 450 and I love it. $9000 out the door...if you have that coin I would recomend it al day long. I love the Yamaha and the mid sizes quads are great.
Steve.

chola
07-21-2007, 08:17 PM
coin was no problem....just picking a machine was the hard part LOL..so many nice machines and so many options....I just wnated a simple but good machine,am just gonna use it to meander around the countryside,my cosuin and his boy goes for hours on end..fishing and cruising around

Vossie
07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Chola, after 18 years of walking I gave in and bought a quad this year. I am very anal when it gets to this type of things so I studied quads for about a year before I bought. What is important is to know what you want. Do you prefer a solid axle or do you want independent suspension, do you like carb or fuel injection. A lot of guys don't care much and I agree to a certain degree. For reliability you cant go wrong with the big names Polaris, Bombardier, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Artic Cat.

One thing to notice is that the Japanese manufacturers made a packt on safety a long time ago and that is that they will not manufacture a quad more than 600 lbs. So all up to the 700 grizz is around that. The nort american machines are much heavier. If you look at the machines next to each other you can see where the Japanes manufacturers trimmed to save weight.

One good tip, there is an addition of the ATV Trail Rider magazine that compares all the machines.

Good luck.

moose hunter
07-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Dont get a dirtbike about 10 scars later i still have not learned how dangerous they are, my buddy lent me a 600 dirtbike while my atv is broken(suzuki) and it goes very fast which is very dangerous escpecialy for a dumb kid like myself.

Poguebilt
07-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Is this $$ from Cranbrook?

I would seriously look at getting one from Calgary... save a tax and its a short drive?

I just got a great deal on a suzuki quad from a local friend... but I was told by lots to go to Alberta!

take er easy.

Jason

srupp
07-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I have the new 2007 Honda 500..in camo..Canadian trails eition with ajustable suspension...I guess the new fuel injected get slightly better fuel economy they also are heavier so???

So far I like mine and my last Honda went 12 years without one problem ever..BULLETPROOF...highly reliable..and when you are 70 kms back there that counts/....

Steven

chola
07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Is this $$ from Cranbrook?

I would seriously look at getting one from Calgary... save a tax and its a short drive?

I just got a great deal on a suzuki quad from a local friend... but I was told by lots to go to Alberta!

take er easy.

Jason

Yup...the Yamaha dealer in town....I still would have to pay the tax on the Alberta one,then there is the warranty issue as well,local dealers get pissy when ya buy outta province.....I didn't want the extra hassle and cost of running all over the place to buy a quad....I ooked at a few in Alberta,for what i was after,not whole lotta price difference.....

I used this site for alot of reading and opinions

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/review_list.asp

scoot
07-21-2007, 09:41 PM
I ride a lot with different people and have the oportunity to see the ups and downs of the big brands. This is a sum of what I see for the top brands that I ride with;

Polaris a good all round machine. They do not seem to shine bright in any area. They are a great trail bike, the V2 option in many of their lineup makes for good throtle response and power. Their fuel mileage is not that great small or large. Maintenance is low but repairs on some of the bigger bikes can be prone to repair if you have a heavy thumb.

Honda is the ultimate for reliability. They almost all have straight axle in the rear which is great for trail riding but terrible for clearance. For the big name quads I hate to say they are the most dated quad out there. Many of the hondas don't ride as good as the newer quads by a long shot. Their power relative to other quads is weak but again, you will not find a longer lasting quad.

Yamaha, a proven name in the ATV market. They are a well designed bike and Yamaha seems to be in the lead much of the time for innovation. The biggest complaint I hear of them is size. You need to buy a big CC quad to get a big quad. Clearance compared to the competition is also an issue with Yamaha

Arctic Cat which I own, is not a great trail bike. Where I find it shines is I am always the least likely to get stuck in any situation. the weight carying capacity is awsome and the gearing is the lowest of all quads by a long shot. My problem with AC is petty things I need to keep taking it back for warranty work. fuel guage, winch kicked the bucket and some other issues. For sure a work horse.

Can Am if you can pay the extra cash are a great bike with the best power per CC by a long shot. Great on trail and handling with an advanced suspension system. My experiences riding with these bikes is they always loose me on the trail, but I am always pulling them out of mud holes. There is a lot of hype about thier locking front diff, but they are always the first bike to be 3 wheel drive when they are stuck. Maintenace is slim to none.

Here is a link for a great quad review that I see to be very true from what I have seen about all ATV's.

http://www.atvmagonline.com/output.cfm?id=1220599

Rubicon500
07-21-2007, 10:07 PM
It all really depends what your going to use it for..But for 9000 out the door Id be all over that. My parents have a 450 Kodiak and seem to really like it. Personally Id stay away from Arctic Cat, Seem to have nothing but problems with them. Which ever way you go make sure ya save $$$ for a good set of tires.

Wildfoot
07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
just a note on honda's reliablilty. Most of the quads I have rode are hondas. THe honda 300's were bombproof. Currently I ride a '95 300 fourtrax that has over 170,000kms on it. It has been beaten to shit. Still has its orginial engine despite being driven for 1000's of kms without oil. Max speed is maybe 70 on a flat open road, which is pretty weak compared to some of the newer ones. I think if I bought a quad it would be a honda just because I have relied on them for so long. A quad is a tool, so i dont care if its too comfy - but the hondas are not too bad there either. I drive 100 - 200 km's / day on my quad and dont get saddle sore at all. They are also super easy to work on in the bush, and there are parts a plenty for repairs.

moosinaround
07-21-2007, 11:11 PM
9000 out the door with all the bell and whistles, sign the cheque man. You can't go wrong. It's about getting the best bang for your buck, and that deal is pretty good. I'd even drive a brand spanking new yamaha with all the bells and whistles for that. moosin

johnk
07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
It all really depends what your going to use it for..But for 9000 out the door Id be all over that. My parents have a 450 Kodiak and seem to really like it. Personally Id stay away from Arctic Cat, Seem to have nothing but problems with them. Which ever way you go make sure ya save $$$ for a good set of tires.
I would definitely second the "sour grapes" on Arctic Cat. They do not stand behind their product. Engine blown at 900k, 3 flats in first 100k(beading problems), leaky shocks at 500k and faulty LED display panel. Brand new in 2006 and each time the dealer had to phone underwriter to see if they could warranty it. Blown engine was what they call a four corner seizure. They told me that happens when the engine gets hot and then you run the quad into very cold water which didn't happen. The machine was repaired and sat at the dealer's for 3 weeks before I got fed up and involved the lawyer and Arctic Cat finally stepped up and covered it. Oh, by the way its for sale!!

scoot
07-22-2007, 01:42 AM
I would definitely second the "sour grapes" on Arctic Cat. They do not stand behind their product. Engine blown at 900k, 3 flats in first 100k(beading problems), leaky shocks at 500k and faulty LED display panel. Brand new in 2006 and each time the dealer had to phone underwriter to see if they could warranty it. Blown engine was what they call a four corner seizure. They told me that happens when the engine gets hot and then you run the quad into very cold water which didn't happen. The machine was repaired and sat at the dealer's for 3 weeks before I got fed up and involved the lawyer and Arctic Cat finally stepped up and covered it. Oh, by the way its for sale!!

I have had some issues with my old AC. But your problem with them not standing behind their product is the dealer. My first Arctic Cat was a dud, in several times and I never waited more than 4 days for it to be fixed and in the box of my truck. Even when I traded in Cat canada approved the dealer to give me over 2 grand in trade over top of what the ATV was worth just to get it off my back. The new quad is trouble free. You want shitty service, you should see the complaints about the Polaris dealer here in PG.

ROEBUCK
07-22-2007, 04:53 AM
yamaha are great but pay a little more and get the 700griz awesome atv youl have a lot of fun with it and they sure give you a lot more versatility on your hunting trips

chola
07-22-2007, 06:26 AM
yamaha are great but pay a little more and get the 700griz awesome atv youl have a lot of fun with it and they sure give you a lot more versatility on your hunting trips

450 is all I will ever need....700 Grizz is $12000 before taxes....too big for what I need

Thanks for all the opinions as well fellas,much appreciated

TGF
07-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Whats wrong bud? Not into the bigger is better theory...LMAO.
I have a 1993 Yamaha 400 Kodiak and she is a great machine and has all the power I need. I'm also hauling 40 ft trees with her for my sawmill which she handles well. She has also hauled numerous moose, bears, deer over the years. She also hauls my 6ft 3 inch, 250 lb carcass around with ease. As well as hauling birch sap for the wife and she is loaded to the nuts and she just keeps on going.

I have rode Hondas and they are great machines as well but if your asking about the Kodiak, she is an excellent machine as well.

I used to walk everywhere then converted in the 80's to a 3 wheeler Honda. Man I could go even further. It just got me thru some terrain that I wasn't interested in hunting and into the back country further where I could continue walking.

You will enjoy your 450, and she will do amazing things for you:wink::wink::wink: especially if you double with the wife and she gets all excited because of the powerful vibrations between her legs:mrgreen:

chola
07-22-2007, 08:04 AM
You will enjoy your 450, and she will do amazing things for you:wink:especially if you double with the wife and she gets all excited because of the powerful vibrations between her legs:mrgreen:

LOL..oh ya...that's what we're talkin' about...vibration baby..there is the selling point right there.........:mrgreen:
Actually,I always wanted one,never had one let alone ridden one before this year...great toy,lotsa fun....
I would like to have one to double the wife around,and as you said in you case,would be great to access further areas in the back country...I love to hunt and explore....

I was actually considering an 2005 Bruin 350 for $5500,the guy is selling due to health problems,has 500 km's on it,and has the spare seat/cargo box and the winch...a no frills basic machine...but the wife prefers the comfort of a new rig with warranty,and plus ya know how it's been looked after she says....I am still mulling this one over as well as I can buy it outright,no payments and still have a spare $3500 to play around with it in case anything happens....I am decently mechanically inclined,so wrenching is never an issue...she just likes the piece of mind though that comes with new

I am still trying to get over the though of having payments again for 2 or 3 years:cry:

TGF
07-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Geeez that Bruin has low kms on. Tell the wife not to worry about the less vibrations. You can buy alot of vibrating things for 3500$.
My buddy has a Timberwolf 300 and loves it. He hauls moose as well. I have heard of people saying they are way under powered but I've been riding my bigger machine and have sunk down and was pulling out my winch line when my buddy pulls out (on his 300) and around me on his lighter machine. Just stayed on top and cruised on by.
Payments suck for sure. Good luck with your decision.

browningboy
07-23-2007, 08:39 AM
You can get a 450 across the line (brand new) for 5200.00 and the duty is only the taxes so you'll save 2500.00 as my co-worker just did this a month ago, but the hitch is it has to be new otherwise you get tagged with other crap and it has to stay for 72 hours etc.. but new no worries as it really has no title (except for you) and its actually a breeze, so if you want to save some serious $$$$$$$$ look into it, you'll be glad you did.:)

kgriz
07-23-2007, 09:52 AM
If you have the extra money to spend ( about 1500 extra ) buy a Honda. Nothing lasts longer and can take a beating like a honda engine( bikes, quads, generators etc). I've had a Yamaha dirtbike and have a small one for my son but that's only because I didn't want to spend a little more because they were not used hard. I've worked in the bush for a consultant for the past 15 years and the equipment gets beat on and abused by lots of different riders and nothing lasts as long as the older honda 300 4x4 fourtrax. The other brands last too but seem to have more little problems especially with the electrical. Nothing serious, just very annoying when you want to use your equip. and it has to be in the shop. I never had one problem with the hondas ever. You are looking at a good size as I've met a lot of people out there, especially these days that have 650's or larger that don't seem to go anywhere farther than our 300's except perhaps deep snow or ruts. I've found that the smaller quads more than make up for this when you have to horse them around narrow spots or lift them over/around man-made bridges etc. I have one griz spot in the spring that I get all to myself because I built a bridge crooked and narrow and people cannot fit around it with a big machine and they are too heavy to lift.

Barracuda
07-23-2007, 10:18 AM
You can get a 450 across the line (brand new) for 5200.00 and the duty is only the taxes so you'll save 2500.00 as my co-worker just did this a month ago, but the hitch is it has to be new otherwise you get tagged with other crap and it has to stay for 72 hours etc.. but new no worries as it really has no title (except for you) and its actually a breeze, so if you want to save some serious $$$$$$$$ look into it, you'll be glad you did.:)

I have been looking at this also and the saveings are rather obvious ,as for the warrenty I have been told it is a North american deal so it is still valid but worth further investigation but i am not positive (warrenties are pretty short on atvs it seems). We are getting ripped off on atv prices in Canada , it is even cheaper to buy one new in Alaska then it is here.

http://quads.ca/article_importing_atv_from_usa.htm

browningboy
07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
I have been looking at this also and the saveings are rather obvious ,as for the warrenty I have been told it is a North american deal so it is still valid but worth further investigation but i am not positive (warrenties are pretty short on atvs it seems). We are getting ripped off on atv prices in Canada , it is even cheaper to buy one new in Alaska then it is here.

http://quads.ca/article_importing_atv_from_usa.htm

I wouldn't worry about the warranty, its 6 months generally, some manufacturers carry longer but with the savings what the hell, but if the warranty is voided (who knows) then I guess it may be risky for some as they are reliant on it, but if it were me, I'll take the chance (knock on wood) as I never had a problem with mine.8)

bc sportsman
07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Own a 2006 Polaris 700 (carberatored). Lots of power, great machine, no problems, good service.

Downside is that it is heavy....750 lbs...watch out for those deep mud holes in the middle of seismic trails.

Upside is that it tows 1500 lbs. Have an ATV trailer to tow in a full camp or tow out two quartered moose in one go (1200 lb).

Barracuda
07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
well here is another kick in the balls. Today i got a price quote from a US dealer of Argo's . the price quote i got after exchange was $2080 cdn less then the best price i found here - $17973 cdn here and &15893.97cdn in the US. It really ticks me off that a Canadian machine (heck the AATV is a Canadian invention) made and assembled in Canada is more expensive for a Canadian citizen to purchase then it is for our US counterparts.

Why are we getting the fleeced in this deal? Why are Canadians getting screwed on purchasing Canadian products in Canada :evil:.

We are considering the purchase of one of these but this really tics us off.

chola
07-24-2007, 05:06 AM
I looked into the US thing as well......I'm too impateint I guess,if I buy something,I want it now...LOL

Small world..the Yamaha dealer is my employer's cousin...got an even better deal(atleast I think)...gonna toss in two brainbuckets as well now....

shoot miss shoot again
07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
i wouldnt worry about the warranty the yamys are tough easy to fix the artic cats sometimes are hard to get parts for and the polarises arent super duper in the mud but nice to ride i ride a kodiak and it pulls alot of bull ha ha

BiG Boar
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
I am a honda fan but have never owned one, I always get suckered in to buying the cool looking yamahas for cheaper instead. Then eveytime its being rebuilt I kick myself for not buying a honda. Grrr. But its time to buy a quad now. Gotta get on it.

Barracuda
07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
the only reason it would need to be rebuilt prematurely is because it is not maintained or it is abused.
Yamaha is known for being reliable just like hondas are.

07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I've heard good things of the Yamahas, that sounds like a great deal, with the winch, plow etc. Go for it. They are all pretty reliable.
I personally bought a Suzuki Eiger last year. It's been great so far, don't know why a guy needs any more than a 4 or 500. It's hard to find all the options or a guy wants from one to the next though. From year to year, model to model, they all change them in some ways. No doubt about it you can get better deals down south but there are strings attached.
If your happy with that price, it sounds good from most on here.
C/T

Frango
07-31-2008, 08:43 PM
I think they all have pros and cons. I have a Honda foreman 400.Two of my hunting partners have newer Honda's.Honda has not really kept up with all the new stuff ,but why mess with what works.

sneg
08-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Iwonder if anyone had experience with cheap Baja ATV's ? Seems there are flooding market now. Personally I do not believe that there is any reliability in them ,but again I never try them.

08-01-2008, 01:47 PM
You can get a really good deal out of the US. For example you can get a Grizzly 350 4x4 or Suzuki Eiger (2007) 400cc 4x4 for around $4000 in Washington state. There is also a company in Delta, International Motorsports, that imports and resells new quads.

Try this web site:
www.atvtraderonline.com (http://www.atvtraderonline.com)

It's not just argos that are built here - many gm, ford and honda products are built in Canada. Not only do we pay more for the vehicle, we pay double for freight and dealer prep! One fellow was complaining that his scheduled 10K service cost almost $1000 for his Ducati in Vancouver, while the Bellingham healer charges $280 for the exact same service. It can't cost almost four times as much to do business here.

wolverine
08-01-2008, 02:20 PM
was just looking at a new Kodiak 450..all the bells and whistles on it for $9000 out the door.....
Anybody have any thoughts or experiences with this rig

I just bought the exact same quad a month ago. I love it. Plus that's a good price. Or should I say fair price, good deal for both of you. Unless you're buying used forget the States idea. I tried it and they won't sell new to a Canadian. My brother in law down there would have bought it and we could have transferred it but then I get no warranty and no one up here wants to touch it. Good deal, helps our economy anyway. Enjoy. I wish I would have bought one years ago.
One other thing. Upgrade from the three ply tires to 6 ply and take the worry out of sharp rocks and sticks.

08-01-2008, 02:30 PM
I just bought the exact same quad a month ago. I love it. Plus that's a good price. Or should I say fair price, good deal for both of you. Unless you're buying used forget the States idea. I tried it and they won't sell new to a Canadian. My brother in law down there would have bought it and we could have transferred it but then I get no warranty and no one up here wants to touch it. Good deal, helps our economy anyway. Enjoy. I wish I would have bought one years ago.

JV Ducati tried the "we won't do warranty on us bikes" crap and they got slapped on the wrist by Ducati. There was a long discussion about this on a different forum. Not all US dealers will sell to Canadians, but plenty will. The $3-4000 savings is lots, and I don't have the extra cash sitting around just so I can buy the exact same product from a Canadian dealer.

wolverine
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
JV Ducati tried the "we won't do warranty on us bikes" crap and they got slapped on the wrist by Ducati. There was a long discussion about this on a different forum. Not all US dealers will sell to Canadians, but plenty will. The $3-4000 savings is lots, and I don't have the extra cash sitting around just so I can buy the exact same product from a Canadian dealer.

Well, I spoke to every Yamaha dealer in Western Washington and Northwest Oregon and they wouldn't do it. Maybe things have changed since then and now. They said that if they do sell to a Canadian Yamaha will fine them big time and they are not willing to take that chance. Yeah, it makes you want to throw up when you see the same thing for 3500 dollars less. It's the Canadian dealers that are making it so but what are you going to do?

MOWITCH SLAYER
08-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Got my first qaud in 87 a yamaha, was a great machine, a friend still rides it. I have had four more since then all great ! the last two have been honda's. I'm not saying honda's are better but if you want a qaud to work like a tractor , look at the honda before you walk out the door
HAPPY RIDING

slowkey
08-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I think the best way to buy in the states is go to the dealer with cash, bank draft, visa !! they won't check your address then

if you tell them your calling from Canada of course they're going to say no

pgpapa
08-01-2008, 06:32 PM
I bought a new 450 yamaha camo 2007 last year and love it. I looked around and like the 450 the best, couple of inches narrower than than the 700.
I let my Daughter take over payments as I am on long term. Wish I had of kept it but will buy another one in the spring, 450 again

Larry

M.Dean
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I have the 450 Kodiak also, great bikes, i hauled more meat with it last year than most Safeway trucks and never had a problem, well there was the one problem when i winched a tree down on the quad trying to get a bull in my trailer, but all worked out good. If you buy Yamaha it'll save you many years of being pissed off because your bikes in the shop. Keep them clean, when your playing in water, check your front and rear lube, use factory oils and filters and you'll never have a problem. Depending where you ride, put hand warmers,a windshield on the bike. I use a electric vest, we ride all year round and they make riding a lot more fun! The only thing i'm going to change is the hand warmer control, it's a Moose brand, LCD read out settings, its a pain in the ass, the lights are to bright, you have to turn it on each time you get back on the bike, i like the toggle switch, on is on and off is off. Good luck!

greybark
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
:smile:Hey Chola, I had a 350 Yam Big Bear for 18 years and had no problems with it inspite of working it hard ,
My 06 yam 450 has been great and has all the power needed ( hell I thought 350 was great) .
I am of the opinion that it is the best ATV bang for your buck as it has all the features of the Grizzly and is more managable on the trail .
Cheers

makara9
08-01-2008, 09:21 PM
for a few extra $ get the700 grizzley, well worth the extra money

Avalanche123
08-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Good deal, helps our economy anyway. Enjoy. I wish I would have bought one years ago..

I am not buying a Quad but I have thought about it. I think Wovlerine's above quote kinda sums it up anyway.

I only buy in the US when a product is not available here in Canada. But that is me and my opinion.

Walksalot
08-02-2008, 08:12 AM
I have a Honda 400 Fourtracks and it serves me very well. It is a bit under powered going up a steep hill if left in drive but if switched over to manual and dropped into 1st gear it has good power. The clearance has been good enough for me because I don't take it off the beaten path. I am over all pleased with the machine but I had one criticism which I have since rectified. I put on very aggressive tires when I first bought it and the cleats would grab a protruding object like a rock sticking out of the ground and violently torque the handle bars in that direction, so much so it could break a persons wrist if one was not prepared. I switched to less aggressive tires(Dirt Devils) and the problem was reduced substantially.

Barracuda
08-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I am not buying a Quad but I have thought about it. I think Wovlerine's above quote kinda sums it up anyway.

I only buy in the US when a product is not available here in Canada. But that is me and my opinion.

alot of atvs we purchase are made in the USA anyways so the money is going out of country either way. Canadians are getting screwed by about 30% on atv's simply because we allow it.

Look at Bombardier, Canadian and American prices on OB's,atv ,sleds etc and then try to tell me we are not getting hosed.

ratherbefishin
08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
I was in New Zealand recently and went pig hunting-my friend had an old Honda 4 trax-300 or 350,and it hauled the both of us,plus two dogs right uphill,and it was pretty steep-just like Vancouver island.I was pretty impressed....

Tikka7mm
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I love my 07 450 Kodiak. Very reliable quad. Small enough to go where the bigger quads have issues but ground clearance isn't as good. One of the best quads out there IMO...

wolverine
08-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I think the best way to buy in the states is go to the dealer with cash, bank draft, visa !! they won't check your address then

if you tell them your calling from Canada of course they're going to say no

What happens when they want your personal info for the warranty? They do care because the fine they get nailed with is apparently quite large. One dealer said that he had only been a Yamaha dealer for about 6 months and he was afraid that they would yank his dealership. I guess if they do it more than once that they really dump themselves in the shite if they get caught.

slowkey
08-02-2008, 05:22 PM
what's the warranty 6 months?? come on warranty is not that big of a deal. If you buy in sept. half your warranty will be spent sitting in your garage.

get a US post office box if it matters that much