PDA

View Full Version : Skipping a year for LEH application

Wagonmaster
05-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Maybe this should be in the LEH questions forum, but the options there seem to be just replies to existing threads. Anyway, got a moose draw last year and this year most of our group is bailing for one reason or another. Will likely head to Region 3 or 5 for deer where moose are not abundant. Will probably apply anyway, even with reduced odds, but I'm wondering if one did skip a year, what are the implications? I assume that if I don't apply, this year will not count towards my three years of reduced odds, before I get back to normal odds?

Ajsawden
05-05-2017, 11:33 AM
That is an interesting question. I've always just assumed it is three years regardless of application status. I believe in Alberta, where they have priority draws, your odds only change if you apply every year. Regardless, if you want to hunt moose then why not apply anyways? I've 'won' leh moose draw back to back in an area where my buddies with no reduced odds did not get drawn for the same area/same year. It's reduced odds, not impossible. Happy hunting!

Pacemaker
05-05-2017, 11:38 AM
If you got drawn for moose last year, then you are on reduced odds for the next 3 years. It doesn't matter whether or not you apply for moose again during that time frame, the clock is still ticking for 3 years of reduced odds. Good luck if you do put in tho'.....Pacemaker

Fisher-Dude
05-05-2017, 11:59 AM
$6 wouldn't influence my decision.

Red_Mist
05-05-2017, 12:39 PM
If you got drawn for moose last year, then you are on reduced odds for the next 3 years. It doesn't matter whether or not you apply for moose again during that time frame, the clock is still ticking for 3 years of reduced odds. Good luck if you do put in tho'.....Pacemaker

Thats your answer. I have had hunting partners still got drawn even on reduced odds.

russm86
05-05-2017, 12:41 PM

Same. Wait... I mean, no EVERYBODY should skip LEH this year, maybe boycott it! Leave it all to me, lol.

Darksith
05-05-2017, 02:47 PM
If it can happen the the devils, surely its worth the $6

Moose63
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Thats your answer. I have had hunting partners still got drawn even on reduced odds.

Now that's what I call a lottery win.....

whitetailsheds
05-05-2017, 07:58 PM
I've been holding off applying for Rosie elk for quite a few years......building priority points!!

Frango
05-05-2017, 09:31 PM
I've been holding off applying for Rosie elk for quite a few years......building priority points!!Excellent, keep holding off.It is a complete waste of time and 6 bucks. lol

Wagonmaster
05-05-2017, 10:41 PM

The $6, or whether I apply or not, is not the focus here. Just curious if someone, perhaps with a connection to some LEH Ministry official, might know if a year where there is no application counts towards the three year wait. No big deal, just curious. Pacemaker seems pretty definite in his response.

Caribou_lou
05-05-2017, 11:24 PM
The places I've hunted in region 3. Moose are abundant! Not enough LEH tags awarded in my opinion. Open for spike/fork though

Drillbit
05-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Now that's what I call a lottery win.....

I have a neighbour that has won for the last 18 years straight.

Everyones eyes have sparkle and teeth have glitter.......

Steelpulse
05-06-2017, 03:29 AM
Won what 1:1 doe some random place no way 18 straight on a larger odded hunt haha

I have a neighbour that has won for the last 18 years straight.

Everyones eyes have sparkle and teeth have glitter.......

last light
05-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Interesting question. Never given it much thought because I always apply every year regardless, but having said that, I too am curious if not applying counts as a year of reduced odds or not. My suggestion would be to send the ministry an e-mail for a concrete answer.

barry1974w
05-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Pretty sure that three years is three years regardless of if you apply or not. But as suggested, get a hold of the ministry and find out for sure. Then post it here....;)

srthomas75
05-06-2017, 08:40 AM
I also think that 3 years is three years. [ entered or not ] I think ICBC does it that way, you have to wait a few years to qualify for a discount by having your drivers licence but I don't think that you have to insure vehicles in that time.

Fisher-Dude
05-06-2017, 10:46 AM
I just spoke with the fellow who ran our LEH draw for many years.

As expected, it is three calendar years, irrespective of your submitting applications or not during those three years.