PDA

View Full Version : Coquihalla snow level

plumberjustin
05-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Anyone been up off the Coquihalla around Murray lake or Gillis lake this year?? We usually head up there mid May for a birthday campout. Wondering how the snow level is??

Jord1022
05-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I was up there about a week ago. The maka Murray fsr is currently snow covered pretty much the whole way (foot and a half of snow pack)

when you take the Juliet creek rd turn off once you go under the hwy keep heading straight. That fsr is 10 times better than maka no steep hills and connects to maka Murray fsr at the junction just before the lake. That road has no snow but once you get to the junction it's 2 ft deep.

I'm planning a camping trip up there for May long aswell. I'll be doing another drive in to see how the roads are in another week

I have pictures of the small lake before Murray but it won't load on my phone

Dash
05-04-2017, 01:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Was planning on heading there next weekend but it sounds like it may be a bit much still. I've dug into Gillis before but don't really feel like doing it again lol. Jord, if you could post an update on your next drive in, I'd really appreciate it :)

Jord1022
05-04-2017, 04:00 PM
I will for sure. The Kane valley rd had no snow. Also tillery road into aspen grove was clear all the way. There was one small section of snow but my truck had no problem with it.

hopefully we get lots of warm weather in the next couple of weeks. Be the first may long in awhile I haven't been up to Murray. Definetly not going to coldwater.

RackStar
05-04-2017, 06:13 PM
Tried getting to gills lake a month ago in my Toyota. Got to sketchy in the snow solo.
Cant beleive there's that much snow still!!

Jord1022
05-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Update!

Most of the back roads above and beyond the coq summit are clear of snow. The odd road or corner might have a patch of snow but I pushed my way through.

4am this morning it was -2 at the summit and lightly snowing.

Juliet creek fsr up to Murray and to gillis are clear.

Murray fsr that runs parallel to the lake is still snowed in but should clear up for May long for anyone that wanted to go camping there.

Dash
05-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the update!