PDA

View Full Version : any pointer on boston bar nahatlach

locdog_99
07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
hunted there for 2 years walked and hiked alot seen only a few does an fawns just lookig for some advise on a better spot in the area
________
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

Jelvis
07-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Mu 3-14 ---Boston Bar - Thompson. Leave hwy 1 at Blue Lake Resort a few k north of Boston Bar. Keep left, at forks, just above the hwy. Road climbs steeply along precipitous ridge; fair deer hunting 12 kms along. This road passes high above Lytton drops down to Thompson, in MU 3-13. Several logging spurs, off around, summit. Jelly Bean

bsa30-06
07-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Mu 3-14 ---Boston Bar - Thompson. Leave hwy 1 at Blue Lake Resort a few k north of Boston Bar. Keep left, at forks, just above the hwy. Road climbs steeply along precipitous ridge; fair deer hunting 12 kms along. This road passes high above Lytton drops down to Thompson, in MU 3-13. Several logging spurs, off around, summit. Jelly Bean

Jelvis, i was just lookin at this road on a map the other day, any idea what shape this road is in.?

Jelvis
07-21-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure but maybe worth scouting out it goes right up into the local elk herd so you could see some beautiful wild life, besides deer. Maybe some bigger animals up in that area, Take a look it wouldn't hurt. Check regs for what's open too.

locdog_99
07-21-2007, 03:48 PM
i tryed finding that lake last year some natives got me lost with the wrong directions from the gas station
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Jelvis
07-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't count on locals to tell you the spots especially that area with an elk herd. So If you got a decent truck and like something different give it a go. You might be rewarded for your effort.

locdog_99
07-22-2007, 10:44 AM
well thanks for the info man ill probly be heading up there soon too look have u seen the elk heard up their before?
________
Problems With Avandia (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

bsa30-06
07-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't have a copy of the new regs in front of me, but i'm 100% sure there is no open season on those elk and no LEH for them either.I've hunted around lytton for 5 years and there has never been a season for them.The story i've been told is that they were nearly shot out after being transplanted up there, so they closed the season and it has never opened again.A hunting buddy of mine used to see them every year while he was plowing the highway, they would graze in the school field by the turn off into lytton.Still sounds like a good area to explore,you can't miss the turn off for Blue lake resort it is clearly marked, just watch for the signs after leaving boston bar.I'm going to have to make a trip up there myself.

locdog_99
07-22-2007, 10:59 AM
should be a nice drive when the weather becomes a little nicer8)
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

MichelD
07-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Found a set of rotting moose legs in a gravel pit up there once.

At least I thought it was moose legs. Now I realize it could have been elk.

bsa30-06
07-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Found a set of rotting moose legs in a gravel pit up there once.

At least I thought it was moose legs. Now I realize it could have been elk.

I have heard lots of stories about the elk heard up there, i believe it happens but without seeing it first hand there"s nothing that can be done.I've driven that stretch of highway a thousand times and have never even seen a elk in that area.Like i said unless the regs changed this year their has not been an elk season in that area for as long as i have been hunting the lytton area.

MichelD
07-22-2007, 01:34 PM
A quick look at my regulations synopsis collection indicates an elk opening there in the fall of 1991.

I'm missing the next two season's editions, but by the 1994 season there was no more elk season.

bsa30-06
07-22-2007, 01:40 PM
MichelD, do you have any from before then, was there a season before that?I knew there had not been a recent elk season.( last 5 years)

MichelD
07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
It was open in 1984, 1989 and 1990 for sure.
I have those copies of the regs.

I seem to vaguely remember something from the 1992 or 1993 regulations changes notice that said something like "due to illegal harvest in areas 3-13 and 3-14 there is no open season on elk in those areas."

Jelvis
07-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I think that some one shot the biggest bull elk ever recorded in like wowy zowy areas in North America in that area. about a decade ago, a bull with a tremendous rack, heard talk of new world record,then all heck broke loose. Then quickly shut down faster then it started. Boston Bar bound, for the coffee shop first and tire shop, then hit the road Jack.

WoodOx
07-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I think that some one shot the biggest bull elk ever recorded in like wowy zowy areas in North America in that area. about a decade ago, a bull with a tremendous rack, heard talk of new world record,then all heck broke loose. Then quickly shut down faster then it started. Boston Bar bound, for the coffee shop first and tire shop, then hit the road Jack.

Sorry, Jelvis, Im slow - can you translate that?

bsa30-06
07-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I seem to vaguely remember something from the 1992 or 1993 regulations changes notice that said something like "due to illegal harvest in areas 3-13 and 3-14 there is no open season on elk in those areas."

This comment is what i have heard about that area, and i believe is the reason there is no season.It seems to me there hasn't been a season for along time i would think the numbers must be recovering .I wouldn't mind seeing a open or leh season in that area if the numbers have recovered enough.

browningboy
07-23-2007, 08:23 AM
If you are looking for good spots in 3-15 (nahatlatch), I know that area very well and taken numerous deer and bear out of there, stay away from kookipee, its beaten hard but you will find spikers if thats what you're after, but heres one spot that we've always taken deer (don't hunt there anymore so not worried about giving away a couple of spots) if you are heading in to the lakes at approx 23km mark the beginning of francis lake will begin, on your left will be a campsite and on your right will be an old road that darts back, take that road up but WALK, you will go up to an old slash and at your first benchmark (Turnabout) look northwest well acutually more west and near the top of the cut there are bench's that deer bed down and they have been there for all the years we've hunted there and I'm sure they're still there, either glass and be patient or walk up the tree line, but its steep so watch yourself.
There are more roads like this up there but can't give them all away, but one last tip, hunt around km 66, theres another road like this thats awesome but time for you to explore and call it your own! Good luck!:mrgreen:

bsa30-06
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM

Jelvis , i believe this bull is on display in the lytton mueseum, it was rumored to be shot , but i think the story goes it was found as roadkill.I believe the name in the record books has been removed.Somebody here may be able to correct me as i believe we discussed this before.If somebody has a record book kicking around maybe they can look it up and see what it says.

oscar makonka
07-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Jelvis throw that book out, its beginning to sound like a broken record from 25 years ago, maybe try a more modern book.:???: The lytton elk was shot illegally in 1979 scored 388 1/8". Shot a day before the season opened. Guy who knew it was there decided to get the jump on everyone else who also knew about it. A larger one was shot there in 1984 scoring 398 4/8" which was a provincial record at the time. The Lillooet museum also has a very large bull on display that was poached from that herd. The herd was pretty much shot out in the late 80's. I can remember hunting them in 1989 - 90 and the elk were pretty scarce, it was closed a year or two later.