PDA

View Full Version : Weird scat

Joshua13
04-28-2017, 12:53 PM
So up above Mackenzie where I was just hunting I saw a ton of this scat, I looked up on Google and people seem to say it is grouse but I have a hard time believing that as the piles are much bigger then what a grouse should be pooping out. 6357

hoochie
04-28-2017, 01:10 PM
I havent seen it clumped together like that.. but it looks like the goose poop you find on soccer fields in the LML

dellis
04-28-2017, 01:25 PM
It's grouse. Where they bed down for the night in the snow(they burrow under the snow to stay warm), they leave piles that look about half the size of the bird itself. I guess in the morning they are much less full of it:mrgreen:

Darcy

Joshua13
04-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Wow I never thought such a tiny bird could poop out that much. I mean that's a big pile of crap. I'm really happy human poop ratio isn't that big.

dellis
04-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Wow I never thought such a tiny bird could poop out that much. I mean that's a big pile of crap. I'm really happy human poop ratio isn't that big.

Haha! Only with politicians is the ratio close to that......and it spews forth from a different location than normal!:mrgreen:

Darcy

Firstblood
04-28-2017, 07:05 PM
correct on the chicken sh*t, Saw a couple this winter completely buried, driving down the road one popped its head up and looked around, creeped up in the truck and boom a couple popped out of the snow, took a look and big piles at the bottom of each hole. Never knew what they were when I saw them in the summer, now I do. They were buried under a good bit of snow but had a little cavern down there.

Buckmeister
04-28-2017, 07:51 PM

I saw a bunch of these piles last weekend when I went to collect my game cams from sitting out for the winter. I thought maybe a ground squirrel, but grouse makes better sense as there are lots around and I saw a big one sitting on a log not far from my camera.

Talking about poop to body ratios, when I was a boy I saw my half grown kitten make a pile half the size of his own body! He made a heck of a sound pushing it out and it looked near human size in diameter. :shock:

BearSupreme
04-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Thats classic Turkey scat, white tips and way to much to be a grouse. Ive seen it in the kootenays too

J_06
04-29-2017, 01:11 AM
No turkeys around Mackenzie. Find this from time to time and never would have thought grouse. Learn something new everyday.

Grizz.325
04-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Definitely grouse. ��������