PDA

View Full Version : online licences

sparky300winmag
04-20-2017, 04:57 PM
hey guys , i did my online licence and tags, but i received my tags but no licence. Online it says licence valid and tags issued. Anybody get a separate licence????

nazarow
04-20-2017, 05:09 PM
Don't think they have official licenses this year. You only need your tags and ID if I'm not mistaken and they will look you up in the system.

nazarow
04-20-2017, 05:18 PM
This is from the BC gov website:

How will electronic-based hunting licences work? Starting in spring 2017, the old hunting booklet will no longer be used. When you buy a licence, the licence information will be entered into your online Fish and Wildlife profile. Only species licences will continue to be paper-based. Non-species licences won’t have a paper version.

LupieHunter
04-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Only tags are mailed out. The license is online only unless you buy it from a vendor now in which case it will be the old booklet.

sparky300winmag
04-20-2017, 06:16 PM
thanks guys , i was panicking lol

r106
04-20-2017, 06:35 PM
As long as you got tags and your FWID # your good to go..

pg83
04-20-2017, 09:21 PM
FWID is on each tag you get. Don't need to bring anything else.

J_T
04-21-2017, 06:52 AM
And you are required to provide picture ID if asked. Most have their PAL which will meet the requirement. Driver Licence.....

Linksman313
04-21-2017, 07:22 AM
Just a question, so if I am out turkey hunting (no tag required) and a CO shows up, all I need to give them is my #FWID and I'm legal correct? Better get that number tattooed I guess. Ok and picture ID as JT mentioned.

ajr5406
04-21-2017, 08:39 AM
And you are required to provide picture ID if asked. Most have their PAL which will meet the requirement. Driver Licence.....

No picture ID is required for the hunting licence portion, just your FWID (which is also on your species tags). If you carry a firearm than you obviously need to carry you PAL (which is of course, picture ID).

J_T
04-21-2017, 10:40 AM
No picture ID is required for the hunting licence portion, just your FWID (which is also on your species tags). If you carry a firearm than you obviously need to carry you PAL (which is of course, picture ID). Ive been told differently. For obvious reasons, photo ID confirms 'who' you are. A person could borrow someone else's FWID.... This is a logical requirement for onsight inspection from a CO.

LupieHunter
04-21-2017, 05:45 PM
No picture ID is required for the hunting licence portion, just your FWID (which is also on your species tags). If you carry a firearm than you obviously need to carry you PAL (which is of course, picture ID).
WRONG. You must carry photo ID and your FWID (or know it) on you at all times with the new licensing.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id

Rhyno
04-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Ive been told differently. For obvious reasons, photo ID confirms 'who' you are. A person could borrow someone else's FWID.... This is a logical requirement for onsight inspection from a CO.

I was and still am under the same impression as Jim....why need your FWID????? They can look it all up,based in your name.

Bullseye Bob
04-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Well since we are talking about tags I have a question ,since the tags have to be bought ahead of time and they are mailed out what happens if I'm on a trip and say I happen to be in an area that has both muledeer and whitetail ,I happen to be lucky enough to harvest both a mulie and a whitey,now before I left I only had one tag of each but decide I want to try for my second whitetail or another muledeer in a different mu while on the same trip,in the past I would just stop in at the nearest town and purchase another tag but with this online licence I would be out of luck cause the tag comes in the mail.

LupieHunter
04-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Well since we are talking about tags I have a question ,since the tags have to be bought ahead of time and they are mailed out what happens if I'm on a trip and say I happen to be in an area that has both muledeer and whitetail ,I happen to be lucky enough to harvest both a mulie and a whitey,now before I left I only had one tag of each but decide I want to try for my second whitetail or another muledeer in a different mu while on the same trip,in the past I would just stop in at the nearest town and purchase another tag but with this online licence I would be out of luck cause the tag comes in the mail.
You can still buy tags at vendors.
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/bc-resident-hunting/electronic-based-hunting-licences

Huevos
04-21-2017, 09:53 PM
What happens when hunting with minors that have no photo ID? Are my kids breaking the law while hunting with no photo ID?

ajr5406
04-21-2017, 10:06 PM
WRONG. You must carry photo ID and your FWID (or know it) on you at all times with the new licensing.

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/fish-wildlife-id

Oooops. My bad, I stand corrected. Apologies all!