PDA

View Full Version : That time of year again: Where to apply?

MichelD
04-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Time for the agonizing choice of where to apply for moose LEH again.

The part of Region 5 I know a bit about has numerous problems now, I know a couple places in Region 6, but there are issues there too and places we had some success at before have been logged flat. I keep hearing those places are pretty well populated with other hunters too.

But that is the same everywhere. I have rarely read a post-hunt report here where people have written that they were the only ones in an area.

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about looking farther afield. Region 7? Never been there, but I have one are under consideration, but I'd be exploring totally new country again. Oh well, always an adventure isn't it?

Blainer
04-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Early season in region 7, August, is open for any bull and it has brought me success on many occassions.

Wild one
04-18-2017, 01:49 PM
It's a gamble on where to apply and even more so for someone who needs to travel to hunt

With resonable odds in mind and restricted number of days to hunt nothing is all that great. My knowledge is for 6 and 7a when it comes to LEH moose and all I can say is pick an MU away from populated areas and most will give you a fair chance at a moose.

Moose hunting in most of BC is not what it once was a guy can really just pick a spot and try

In my opinion at this time in BC the best moose hunting is in areas that are GOS without any LEH

Carrollizer
04-18-2017, 01:50 PM
How do you determine the odds of certain area?

Wild one
04-18-2017, 01:54 PM
How do you determine the odds of certain area?

Odds of being drawn for a LEH are in the LEH paper or on line

Hublocker
04-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Last year's LEH odds of being drawn in an area are in the LEH paper or on line

Carrollizer
04-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Thanks must have missed that

plumberjustin
04-18-2017, 05:42 PM
We hunted for moose east of Prince George last season on LEH, only 2 other camps around a rather large area. 12 days at end of September, everyone got their bulls. Also, the grouse hunting was amazing.