PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side tires

morphiend
04-17-2017, 07:39 AM
Hi all - I have a RZR 570 that I am looking at replacing the tires on. I'm brand new to ATV/UTV's and was hoping to get some advice on tire recommendations or things to look for in a tire for hunting in BC. I've done research on RZR and ATV forums but was thinking there may be some advice for tires for hunting that would be different than the guys blasting through mud holes ripping down trails.

Thanks

LYKTOHUNT
04-17-2017, 07:47 AM
Check out a thread in the Vancouver and Islands forum on this site, lots of talk about tires I bought some from a link that Ace posted , very good pricing and delivery

nornscreek
04-17-2017, 08:39 AM
I have maxis bighorns on my pioneer love em

tipper
04-17-2017, 08:53 AM
I have a set of brand new takeoffs if yours are just worn out?

Darksith
04-17-2017, 09:27 AM
your probably came with Bighorn 2.0 tires didn't it? Can't beat that for trail riding, won't clear the mud as easy if your going through bogs, but thats what the winch is for if you really need. Sharp rocks, trails, what have you the big horns are a great tire. The 2.0 is just a few less ply than the original big horn. I have around 6-7000km on my big horns, they still look newish

morphiend
04-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the reference to VI post LYKTOHUNT.

Tipper - I PM'd you.

Darksith - They are CST Ancla on there now. They are decent tires but interested in upgrading to 26". I've read good things about the Mudzillas.

Darksith
04-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Darksith - They are CST Ancla on there now. They are decent tires but interested in upgrading to 26". I've read good things about the Mudzillas.

it all depends on where or what type of terrain you are going to ride in. The more tread on there, the longer the tire will last, the smoother the ride and you will see a bit more of a top speed, but the less the tires ability to clear the mud from it as it digs to gain traction the next time around. Something like the bighorn are great for say the interior where I am riding hard pack trails most of the time, I can go tear it up in the mud, but if its too sticky and too deep my tires will turn into slicks because the mud does't clear between the treads. If you are riding up north in the muskeg or the ground is generally softer then definitely go with something with less tread, more paddle like a mud tire. Bear claws are also a great mud tire. My Maxxis are outlasting my buddies mudzillas in our area by about twice its starting to appear...that being said hes pulling me out more often than Im pulling him out haha...but then again I have tracks for when I go up north into the skeg

Edzzed
04-17-2017, 04:47 PM
it all depends on where or what type of terrain you are going to ride in. The more tread on there, the longer the tire will last That is not quite accurate. The make up of the rubber determines how long the tread will last. Winter car tires are a soft rubber compound while summer tires are a harder rubber compound. The way I see it, my truck tires should last 60,000 miles yet my motorcycle with much more tread depth will get me 4,000 miles. Any way you slice it, you are better off ordering tires from the USA and get them sent to a mail - parcel receiver in Blaine. Cost will be cheaper. Once you decide on a tire, Shop around on the internet and then order it from www.Motorcycle-superstore.com They offer free shipping and price matching. I get my klr tires from them.

Darksith
04-17-2017, 09:09 PM
That is not quite accurate. The make up of the rubber determines how long the tread will last. Winter car tires are a soft rubber compound while summer tires are a harder rubber compound. The way I see it, my truck tires should last 60,000 miles yet my motorcycle with much more tread depth will get me 4,000 miles. Any way you slice it, you are better off ordering tires from the USA and get them sent to a mail - parcel receiver in Blaine. Cost will be cheaper. Once you decide on a tire, Shop around on the internet and then order it from www.Motorcycle-superstore.com (http://www.Motorcycle-superstore.com) They offer free shipping and price matching. I get my klr tires from them.
you are correct with the exception that we are talking ATV tires not summer or winter vehicle tires. I haven't seen many soft rubber tires for a SxS or ATV. Anyway, good point also, I ordered them to just south of the boarder and had a buddy pick mine up for me!

t-rexer
04-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Big horns all the way not the 2.0's they aren't nearly as good as the original also they wear really well