PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Valley

pgrundle
04-15-2017, 08:03 PM
I consider myself a newbie to Hunting. I did many moons ago with my late father but stepped away for a very long time.
Circumstances change and not I have had a renewed interest the last couple of years.
I am looking for some advice on scouting out bear hunting areas in the Fraser Valley.
If anyone has any assistance it would be appreciated, either via this post or with a PM.

Thank you,

Pat Grundle

Pinewood
04-15-2017, 09:42 PM
You'll find them up pretty much any FSR in the Valley. Go for a drive and you'll likely see a bear or two.

ianm
05-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Just don't forget the new firearms bylaws on FSR's!

Wild one
05-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Lower mainland bears from 5:00 to dark is huge 90% are seen at that time because of the overall traffic

chilliwack hope and Harrison look for out of the way spots. Old FSR with grassy landings behind washouts or deactivations where you need to walk

good luck

scotty30-06
05-25-2017, 02:02 PM
^^^^^..this is great info....stay later then the riders and your odds go up big....find an area where is generally stays lighter in the evening allowing better shooting light in late evening.....there are a lot of tucked away fsr in Harrison and hope...like I mean tons of spots out that way.

plumberjustin
05-26-2017, 05:01 AM
Just don't forget the new firearms bylaws on FSR's!
The new firearms closure does not pertain to legal hunting and trapping. You do need to consult the FVSA hunting map.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/FVSAH2015.pdf

ianm
05-26-2017, 08:52 AM
The new firearms closure does not pertain to legal hunting and trapping. You do need to consult the FVSA hunting map.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/FVSAH2015.pdf

Ohh good to know, thanks for clarifying!

Max Ranger
05-31-2017, 09:17 PM
I have a collection of old Western fish & wildlife and Western Angler magazines and the art work by Jack Grundle is amazing. The stories featured were also first-rate and motivated me to get out and see some of the beautiful country we have in this province.

86k20
06-02-2017, 04:07 PM
They are for target shooting not hunting.