PDA

View Full Version : Piebald Mule Deer in Region 3?

Five
04-14-2017, 07:19 PM
I was out scouting a few spots today in preparation of the spring bear hunt and along the way I saw a large number of mule deer. Mostly does, but a few antler buds were visible.

I was pointing them out to my sons and rambling on about deer when I noticed a flash of color as one doe brought her head up. She wasn't large, probably a yearling and she had regular coloring except for a bright pink nose. It looked very strange to see, it was color of a white house cat's nose. As far as I can determine in was a piebald deer that happened to have only the one spot.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone seen anything like this? It is my second year so I am still seeing new things all the time. Saw my first wart slathered buck last year.

finngun
04-14-2017, 08:04 PM
oh that was rudolf the raindeer..santas deer,,,dont shoot it..:shock:

Five
04-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Hah, I expected at least a few rudolph replies!

brian
04-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Seen a piebald buck one year... I had to do a double take!

Red_Mist
04-15-2017, 04:11 PM
would make for a nice rug

chris
04-15-2017, 07:25 PM
Don't shoot the piebalds. Their mothers don't love them as much and you can tell in the quality of the meat.

dirtymax
04-16-2017, 06:53 AM
I've seen a decent sized piebald doe in Abbotsford just walking through the neighbourhood

Jelvis
04-16-2017, 07:31 AM
I saw one of those mule deer here at Black Pines for the first time ever, looked like it had some thing yellowy on his snout, was real weird for me to see that.
Jelly -- yellow light nose -- different for sure .. what iz dat ? -- some kinda misfit --

Wild one
04-16-2017, 07:34 AM
I've seen a decent sized piebald doe in Abbotsford just walking through the neighbourhood

Had a piebald doe that lived on my property when I was living in Abby she had a yearling I only seen once that was piebald as well. Doe had a large white patch on either side of her chest. Yearling looked like it had white paint splattered on its back near its butt

Only piebald I have ever seen but heard from others in the area who had seen them. From talking to others the piebald genetics have been in the area for many years

Wullfen
05-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Had a piebald doe that lived on my property when I was living in Abby she had a yearling I only seen once that was piebald as well. Doe had a large white patch on either side of her chest. Yearling looked like it had white paint splattered on its back near its butt

Only piebald I have ever seen but heard from others in the area who had seen them. From talking to others the piebald genetics have been in the area for many years

Saw two together in Brookswood, Langley. A doe and her fawn. Unreal, so cool.

elkhunter1
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Say a Piebald Doe Yearling in Langley Surrey 0 Ave USA Border 2 week,s ago.