PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Predator Calls... your favourite?

David Heitsman
04-11-2017, 02:28 PM
I am wanting to try something other than the two or three Primo and Sceery mouth calls that I have effectively used in the past.

The E-call supply at Cabela's here and Tulalip is daunting. Just too much to choose from. I don't want to get something unlikely to perform in BC that is made well south or east of here.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Wanting unit with remote, since I am solo often.

Price point would be less of a deciding factor than ability to perform well.

Mostly interested in coyotes.

Thank you

jimi g
04-11-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm also curious on the electronic calls... not cheap but if they work well...???

DarekG
04-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Can't believe I didn't ask this on HBC, I was standing in the store the other day completely overwhelmed by the different types and brands of predator calls. I'm also curious!

.308SLAYER
04-11-2017, 05:12 PM
A good starter one for a decent price I would have to suggest the primos turbo dog I think they are around 200 dollars very effective...I switch it up with this and hand calls gives them something abit different.

rocksteady
04-11-2017, 05:14 PM
In all honesty I have a foxpro and have never called one in. I do better with plain old hand calls..

lone wolf
04-11-2017, 06:37 PM
I have the foxpro spitfire. Its a few yrs old. Its all i know and works great. I believe the replacement would be the wilfire. Most should be easily uploadable for new sounds. I will eventually upgrade. To another foxpro. I did change a few sounds. And have called many coyotes and a few wolves in. So thumbs up for foxpro. Runs on 4 aa and 1 ,9 volt in the remote. Hope this helps. Cheers.

todbartell
04-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Foxpro Fusion, best e-caller on the market

Outcast
04-11-2017, 07:58 PM
I just picked up a Primo dog caller for $75 shipped to my door. Should be here in a day or two. I wanted something inexpensive to test out for wolf and cougar. Looking forward to getting out with it. Decent reviews on YouTube for it. Didn't want to drop $400+ to start.

Camp Cook
04-14-2017, 09:35 AM
Can't go wrong with a Foxpro mine is now an older FX3 model shot lots of coyotes using it but I am also never out without hand calls my favourite is an orange Primus KiYi.

I also always set up a decoy I have the older Foxpro Jack in the Box.

One thing to always remember take spare batteries especially if its cold.

Ride Red
04-14-2017, 09:40 AM
A good starter one for a decent price I would have to suggest the primos turbo dog I think they are around 200 dollars very effective...I switch it up with this and hand calls gives them something abit different.

I've used one of these for quite a few years now without any issues. A few hand calls and spinning rabbit decoy to key in on and you're in business for all predators. I've even had a redtailed hawk come in and grab the decoy.