PDA

View Full Version : Elk in 7-42, 49 & 50

Grasp
04-06-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm bringing my old man in from Ontario for an Elk hunt this year. I've chosen the units near Fort Nelson for the 3 point bull over the counter opportunity. I've done some forestry work up that way years ago but have never hunted up there. Looking for any tips or info from people who have experience up there. Even just access tips would be helpful. I'm planning on a travel trailer/quad combo and will also have a tent setup for a spike camp if necessary. I wirk in forestry so can get access to all the mapping for the area.

I hunt mostly blacktail in the lower mainland (Region 2 and 3) so if I can share some of my spots in return for some info I am more than happy to do so. He's been dreaming of an Elk hunt his whole life and I don't think he's going to be overly picky. I really just want to put him in front of a decent Elk so any help is greatly appreciated.

ryanb
04-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Not much for access in 42 and 50 unless you have a river boat. There are elk in 49, but access is limited and it's not a mountain zone like 42 and 50. If you're looking at a good hunt for your dad in those zones, I'd look at one of the packers, Muskwa River adventures on the Muskwa or River Jet adventures on the Muskwa /tuchodi.

takla1
04-06-2017, 02:25 PM
PM sent

takla

Grasp
04-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll give both those guys a call.

Not much for access in 42 and 50 unless you have a river boat. There are elk in 49, but access is limited and it's not a mountain zone like 42 and 50. If you're looking at a good hunt for your dad in those zones, I'd look at one of the packers, Muskwa River adventures on the Muskwa or River Jet adventures on the Muskwa /tuchodi.

Thunderstix
04-06-2017, 07:55 PM
If the price ends up being prohibitive shoot me a PM as there are places to hunt on foot, depending when you are going exactly.

Grasp
04-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know any other jet boat providers up there? River Jet Adventures is all booked up and I am still waiting to hear back from Muskwa River Adventures. Any other providers would be helpful.

goinghunting
04-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know any other jet boat providers up there? River Jet Adventures is all booked up and I am still waiting to hear back from Muskwa River Adventures. Any other providers would be helpful.

Do a fly in, many more options and cheaper! All sorts of lakes in 7-50 & 7-51 with elk