PDA

View Full Version : leupold cascades binoculars

nlhunter
07-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Just wondering if anyone has purchases these binos and if so how are they?

huntcoop
07-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I've also been looking at the Leupold line of binos, my buddy has the Olympic's in 10x50...I've tried them and they are incredible. I may buy them instead......have you done any price shopping on the Leupold line?

I've heard that you can't buy them online from a US dealer and have them shipped to Canada......???? True?

one-shot-wonder
07-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I have a pair. I picked them up this winter so I haven't used them too much only on a grizzly hunt and a few hikes I have been on.

I sold my Bushnell Legend 10x42's and I feel it was a total upgrade moving on to the Cascades. For roughly the same price range I now have a bino that is noticeably lighter, little bit more compact and has a better logo on it in Leupold. i didn't notice much in the way of optic qualty both are decent. I feel better having a pair of Leupold as far as warranty goes also.

So far I am very pleased with them, I think they are the best bang for your buck when it comes to the under $500 category of bino's. One day I will bite the bullet and pick up a pair of Swarovskis!8)

Steeleco
07-18-2007, 01:46 PM
I've heard that you can't buy them online from a US dealer and have them shipped to Canada......???? True?Bino's and such have no need for export permits. You just need to find the right retailer!!

I really liked the Pinnacles, but for the money I bought Nikon Monarch's and saved $200.

Check out www.binocularscanada.com (http://www.binocularscanada.com)

huntcoop
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Bino's and such have no need for export permits. You just need to find the right retailer!!

I realize that Bino's have no need for an export permit but thought that it may be a Leupold thing wanting us to support Canadian retailers. Buying Leupold's in the US can save TONS of money. Especially with our strong dollar.

Steeleco
07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
When I recently purchased a scope the idea I got was that warranty work is best done in Canada because of the permits. IIRC?? I know E-bay has some screaming deals on bino's and spotters, but it also has it's inherent risks!!

Mauser98
07-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I've had a pair for about four years And I'm very pleased with them. Good clear optics for the price.

Beaverhunter
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I have a pair and like them.

Mik
07-19-2007, 07:22 AM
My brother has a pair and my buddy just bought the same ones. They are an excellent pair of binos for the Price range $399 at W/S Sports. I have used them and they are good.

ruttinbuck
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Look up blue mountain trade on Ebay.
The guy has all the Leupold binos at great prices,the pinnacles were $525 ish delivered to BC last time I bought a pair.RB

spock
07-19-2007, 07:33 PM
If you ever make it down to the lower mainland go across the border to the walmart in Bellingham, I got a pair of Leupold Cascade 10 x 42 and after the exchange and duty was paid they cost about 345 canadian.

elkster
07-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I have some, nice and light, 10 by 42 good optics.

Brambles
07-20-2007, 03:47 AM
If your looking at new binoculars and can't afford the really expensive stuff then look at these, the have very good glass, the reviews on them are very good. IMO you won't find a better binocular for the price.

http://eagleopticscanada.stores.yahoo.net/pen8xdcfsp.html

Krico
07-20-2007, 08:01 AM
In the $500-$600 range I would opt for some Minox HG demos from Cameraland-awesome glass for the cash!