PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Hunting in McBride

Byson
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
This is going to be my first Grizz Hunt, I know the Area pretty good this is my 3rd year hunting here I have Picked up a couple of good Shooters on my side for safety overall im ready too hunt a grizzly any one else here first time grizz hunter

BearSniper
07-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Byson

What region did you get?

7-05 ? Might be the same as us. Where do you plan to go ? Goat River ? Have hunted there before but not for Grizz. Last spring we were in the Bowron lakes area for Grizz, saw 4 shooters but doggone it if the buggers were 1.5km out of our zone

Was just wondering:)

Byson
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
No Im in 704 I have a few areas planned out, up the goat should be good for bears part of the door river is 7-04 and 7-05

Ride
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
On the Goat FSR last year there was a section that was only about as wide as a fullsize pickup from washing out. Haven't had a chance to check and see if its still passable yet this year.

Orangethunder
07-18-2007, 08:54 PM
If you have access to an ATV or really like walking I would check out the Raush River. If you get through all of the moose hunters, and you will need some elbow pads to get to the front of the line, there is a trail from the end of the Kiwa which takes you down into the Raush. Its a pretty undeveloped drainage and I know there are some good bears there. I dont know about jet boat access but you never know. Like I said it can be busy.

Good luck

Byson
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
im going before cow calf season so i will be alright