PDA

View Full Version : Starting my second year....

mrtires24
04-04-2017, 11:11 PM
I put in a valiant effort last year, as much as I learned a tremendous amount, I came up fairly empty handed (note my signature) however, What I lacked in successful trips of filling the freezer, I gained in Knowledge.

I have been trying to search for a mapping site that shows the crown land on the internet. Im positive, someone gave me a link in a previous thread I had, But I have read and re read all of them to no prevail.

Would anyone be kind enough to show me a link to a site I can search crown land for. You can PM me if you like.

Im sure I will have a successful year this year...I can feel it. and am looking forward in researching the next several months before September.

I will keep this post open for my 2017/2018 seasons ( 2nd year hunting) so you can watch my progress.

Im nit sure If I am too interested in bear, but if someone wants to bring a newbie, I am willing to lean. And will get a licence and tag so I am valid and able to assist.

Thanks

Firstblood
04-04-2017, 11:18 PM
Front counter bc "discovery tool", it adds layers to google earth and shows all private, crown, tenures, leases, right of ways, reserves, parks, basically everything. I use it all the time in an area where Im scouting. Good on ya for the effort, You will never stop learning and thats why hunting is so amazing.

AgSilver
04-04-2017, 11:42 PM
FCBC is good, but you can also try the LTSA's ParcelMap service. You do have to sign up with an "explorer" account, I believe it is (free to browse the map). They've just recently added the Fraser Valley and Squamish districts into the map. Handy.

mrtires24
04-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the for about the maps.

My second question in preparation for next year would be, what can people tell me about Elk? I would love to get one, and know of an area that I saw two herds. But I am wondering what advice or tips you might have that pertain to Elk? can you call them in? with what? any other advice would be great.

Thanks