PDA

View Full Version : Prince Rupert - take a journalist hunting

squamishhunter
04-04-2017, 06:56 PM
So, due to my online comments in support of grizzly hunting (another forum), an outdoors magazine contributor contacted me asking my thoughts on it. I replied, and among a few educational tips on huntings' history in Canada and BC I suggest they join a RESIDENT hunter to see what bear hunting is all about, and just how much of the animal is used.

I live in northern bc, but this person said they would be in prince Rupert next fall.

Is this ammo for the anti's or should someone in that area take her hunting?

Whonnock Boy
04-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Depends on who the "journalist"/magazine is.

Thunderstix
04-04-2017, 07:27 PM
I am in Rupert and I concur that it depends who it is and the journalistic affiliation. Fireonethree is also here and he loves controversy lol

whitlers
04-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Problem with this is that the reporter can take it and spin it the way her publisher wants

Wild one
04-04-2017, 07:52 PM
You can always take her hunting and spend your time trying to get lucky rather than shoot a bear

May give her a real story

IronNoggin
04-04-2017, 08:02 PM
... an outdoors magazine contributor ...

Spill. Name and associated magazines. With links to previous articles.
And pictures if you're into Wild One's suggestions... :wink:

Jury is waiting...

Cheers,
Nog

two-feet
04-04-2017, 08:18 PM
I would take her hunting, if I was sure it was not going to be a roast piece.

bacon_overlord
04-04-2017, 09:56 PM
Take them along, take notes, and write your own side and version of the trip, and ask that but be submitted as well.
Might be a trip you don't connect with grizz, regardless. But a chance at educating someone on the reality of hunting, hunters values and ethics might be valuable.

fuzzy
04-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Take a sensitive newb grouse hunting for the first time.NOT bear hunting. We know what death looks like and have come terms with our role in it. For an observer it can be very disturbing.

Keta1969
04-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Never trust a reporter, even a cute one. Plain and simple they will spin any story.

wideopenthrottle
04-06-2017, 10:02 AM
Never trust a reporter, especially a cute one. Plain and simple they will spin any story.
fixed it for you...heheheh

Ryo
04-06-2017, 10:23 AM
From a person with some background in photojournalism: stay far, far away. At the very very best, they'll present ambiguity. And ambiguity and neutrality are not the same thing.

NorBC
04-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Gets pretty wet in Rupert.. might score 10 days in the tent ;)

squamishhunter
04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Ok I guess I'll pass. Thanks for the opinions.

Wild one
04-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Ok I guess I'll pass. Thanks for the opinions.

Is she cute?

sawmill
04-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Bunch of chickenshits. I`d take her, show how you enjoy being out there, the smells and sounds and sights. Make sure she knows that the kill is only a fraction of the hunt. Find a beautifull spot and do up a nice lunch-hotdogs maybe and teach her some about the bush. Don`t go all face paint camo, just be a normal guy with a love for the outdoors. You might do us some real good here.

604redneck
04-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Bunch of chickenshits. I`d take her, show how you enjoy being out there, the smells and sounds and sights. Make sure she knows that the kill is only a fraction of the hunt. Find a beautifull spot and do up a nice lunch-hotdogs maybe and teach her some about the bush. Don`t go all face paint camo, just be a normal guy with a love for the outdoors. You might do us some real good here.
gonna have to agree with sawmill on this one. Could do some good.

squamishhunter
04-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Is she cute?

Aren't most liberal journalists?

They batshit crazy though.