PDA

View Full Version : Badlands clutch or eberlestock team elk

GunMetaL
03-30-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm torn between buying these 2 packs, this will be my first pack, will mostly be used for day hunts. Has anyone packed meat out with either of these? I really like the detachable pack and rear zipper entry on the clutch, and I really like the rifle holder and ridged frame on the eberlestock. Without recommending any other packs could anyone give me some opinions.

GetLethal
03-31-2017, 11:51 PM
Im not familiar with the clutch other than browsing the website. I own a team elk. I would think the EB with its internal frame would support a heavy load better, but I wouldn't call either of these packs meat haulers. Loads inside the pack are fine, but strapping anything to the outside I found it hard to keep it from moving. It is a really nice pack, good buckles and zippers, well padded shoulder straps and the bow bucket and rifle holder work well. I like how the bow is covered on the clutch. If you decide to go with a team elk and youre interested in saving some money pm me. Im looking at getting rid of mine and going the kifaru/exo route.

huntcoop
04-01-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm also with the above 2 posters as I've re-homed my Eberlestock and my MR for a Stone Glacier.

RadHimself
04-01-2017, 12:30 PM
If you look along the sides of the frame sheet... there are loops to run your straps through to compress the scaboard with the rifle in it, eliminating the pack wobble. The enerledtocks have alot of haters, but the more i see people crying, the more i realize they just didnt read the manual. I love my J107. No, its not a trekking pack. Its a 2/3 at the most. It colapses down to almost nothing in day pack mode, then expands to carry as much as your comfortable putting in it. Its an internal frame. You put your heavy load close to your back, then load around that. H

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
04-03-2017, 06:47 PM
iv had the Elk pack . If your a Big dude.. your not going to like the shoulder straps i have done a review on it somewhere