PDA

View Full Version : Good Warranty Service - Leica

Flinch
07-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Had my Leica Geovids in for service a few weeks back when one of the LED bars on the rangefinder was not working. I took it back to Fisher's in Vernon and said call me when it is ready. Got the word that Leica NY got the binos and phoned back to Fisher's saying it would be 8-10 weeks because they had to go back to Germany for repair. Larry at Fisher's told them that was not good enough so they have sent me a brand new pair. I have to say that kind of service is worth somthing and I will continue to deal with Fisher's (and probably Leica) for high end optics. I am not sure which brands he all carries, but maybe I will dig a little deeper when I pick them up this week. I have always liked to support the local guy even if it cost a bit more, but his prices competed with anyone, including the big warehouse types.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Yep, Larry's a great guy8). You can thank him for standing up for you as I've read over on MM some guys are having issues with their Leica warrentees.
It definitely helps to actually get your optics from a "real" store and not over the net.

He carries the big three, Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss(as well as others).

SSS

Flinch
07-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I talked to him yesterday and he is not carrying Zeiss anymore, mainly Leica and Swaro, but he also has some other brands at times. I think you are right about having a real person to deal with face to face...goes a long way in terms help down the road.

one-shot-wonder
07-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Do you guys that know Larry think he would help a guy out with warranty work if hey didn't purchase there optics at Fisher's, however I have given Larry other business in the past?

Flinch
07-18-2007, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't doubt it...always worth a try.