PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sheds for my dog to chew.

luger
03-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Hey my 100lb rottie/lab has almost polished off his last shed from last year. My wife and I have a baby due in 3 months so my shed hunting season is not gonna happen this year. I'm looking for anyone interested in selling large deer shed/ dog chews or knows of a place I can get good ones in the lower mainland. I'm located in Abbotsford. I'm not a fan of those small meat filled ones that are sold at the retail stores.
Thanks!

LupieHunter
03-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Pet stores sell antlers but they are quite pricey.

caddisguy
03-21-2017, 07:40 AM
I bought a rattling set from a guy on Facebook. He normally cuts them up and sells them as dog chews. Had a co-worker order from him too (for his dog) I'll PM you his name in case you want to check out his offerings. He accepts EMT and ships quickly. Cheaper than the pet store I imagine.

Here's the rattle set he was able to pick out for me. He went through his stash sending lots of picks until he found these. I gave him a good tip lol

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?128237-Is-it-blacktail-season-yet-Here-s-my-new-rattle-set!

Ryo
03-21-2017, 11:35 AM
What grade is ideal (and the minimum) for dog chews?

luger
03-21-2017, 12:04 PM
What do you mean grade?

Wild Images
03-21-2017, 01:11 PM
find someone willing to give up a set of moose antlers

mastercaster
03-21-2017, 02:33 PM
What do you mean grade?

Bleached out compared to those that haven't been weathered, sitting in the sun. I was told you don't want to use the old bleached out ones because they're like petrified wood and splinter too easily.

Backwoods
03-21-2017, 05:24 PM
Bleached out compared to those that haven't been weathered, sitting in the sun. I was told you don't want to use the old bleached out ones because they're like petrified wood and splinter too easily.
Yup!! My Presa Canario got extremely sick from and old moose shed I had in the yard, he pealed a strip off and it splintered, it was almost goodbye for the poor guy, now I kept all whiteys up in a tree!! He couldn't eat or drink, gave him baby food, and water through a Turkey baster, Soo keep the whiteys away from the pups!!

rocksteady
03-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Pm sent.....

luger
03-22-2017, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the help! you have made Sam one happy dog.

whitlers
03-22-2017, 11:17 PM
My pup chews like mad! The only thing she dosent tear through is an antler. She loves them!